Favorite school cafeteria lunch

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

10centporkchop

I remember standing in line watching the cafeteria lady slop the food onto the tray and hoping that the tray I got had a fat size portion. It never did. I would get hostile if I only got a few tater tots or a tiny portion of spaghetti. I liked the bread they served with the spaghetti, they called it an onion roll.

Neen

Free Spirit
My favorite.. macaroni and cheese.. mmm so good and creamy! They also had stuffed crust pizza..that was amazing. Chicken nuggets and bbq sauce.. and that was back in the day.. now a days, they have all this fancy stuff at the school 'cream of chicken soup, with wild rice' 'terriyaki shrimp stirfry' 'ceaser salad with steak' ect.. no fair!

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Ditto here. I can't recall school lunches ever being actually GOOD.

Just last week a co-worker was eating chow mein from a local takeout place. It looked and smelled pretty good, which surprised me. Then it occurred to me for maybe the first time that I've NEVER ordered chow mein, ever, only because we had it in elementary school once or twice a week (which was um, more than 40 years ago!) :cool:

OK.....good school lunch experiences? I liked the apple crisp in junior high and high school. And I was lucky that most of my friends didn't like it, so sometimes I got to have two or even three, which I'd occasionally mix with vanilla ice cream. Oh, and in junior high we had ice cream sandwiches. That was about it.
Oh, the food was never GOOD, some was just more enjoyable than others. And thinking about it brings back memories :rolleyes:

Judge_Dre

Oh, the food was never GOOD, some was just more enjoyable than others. And thinking about it brings back memories :rolleyes:
About 97% of cafeteria food is disgusting. It's the 3% of the good food that was served on rare occasions that made school lunch enjoyable. Most of the time in my school we were served what we called "murder burgers." They were awful burgers that were more gray than brown colored. I also remember meatballs that bounced higher than rubber handballs. :bounce:

Judge_Dre

I remember standing in line watching the cafeteria lady slop the food onto the tray and hoping that the tray I got had a fat size portion.
In my school, the lunch ladies were use to the students turning down the vegetables that they often didn't even bother serving it us. One day they were serving spinach and I love spinach. Noticing I was given any, I went back to the lunch lady and asked for some spinach. She was so excited to finally have a student request spinach that she pilled that spinach up high on my tray!

phatfatgirl

oohhh yes Miss Toodles.. I fondly recall. I loved the Pizza day, and the Hot dogs, tho i didn't love the bun.. it tasted like wholewheat or multigrain of some sorts. lol

Latest posts