Feedism or Feederism?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I think "feedism" is the better word. "feederism" puts the emphasis on the feeder (while it is the feedee who is really doing something). Feedism is more neutral in that regard.

I think feederism was used more originally before people really thought about it, and came up with feedism.

Sonic Purity

Grateful
I think "feedism" is the better word. "feederism" puts the emphasis on the feeder (while it is the feedee who is really doing something). Feedism is more neutral in that regard.

I think feederism was used more originally before people really thought about it, and came up with feedism.
100% agree with what Tad wrote.
Eat the unneeded “er” as a snack.

DWilliams1

Part Time Gainer...Full time Foodie and FA!
So which is it? I have always thought and used 'feedism' but I've seen both used. Which do you say?
I have used both terms before, but I think I identify with the latter more, as it’s not limiting and is more versatile. For instance, my former girlfriend and I were mutually gaining, and enjoyed playing different roles...gainer, feeder, feedee, encourager, etc.

Also, in some circles the word “feederism” has been painted in a negative light, as something someone “does to” another person for their own pleasure. And this doesn’t describe me. To me, this lifestyle is about a shared intimacy and taking part in something a partner and I both want very much to share.

I am also “all over the board” with this lifestyle, and I think feeding someone, encouraging them, and getting huge right along with them are all hot as hell.

So yeah, not everyone fits in a box, and I also think “feedism” is more all encompassing of that.

LJ Rock

Many years ago when I first learned that this predilection I'd had all my life was one that was shared with others and that it actually had a name, I was introduced to it as "feederism," and as such that is what I would refer to it as, for no other reason than that is how it was introduced to me. In more recent years I too have switched to saying "feedism" for the reasons already mentioned. I don't know if this has been everyone else's experience, but we might be able to look at that change as being an evolutionary advancement in the collective consciousness of this community as a whole.

Latest posts