Feedism - Personally into overeating, being fat or getting fatter? Count yourself in!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DWilliams1

Part Time Gainer...Full time Foodie and FA!
I agree with Amy Jo, there are lots of reasons people gain. Emotions, stress, family or friends, or perhaps just DNA.

Liking it I think is somewhat natural. I think people typically want to like themselves, even if often we don't.

Fat also relates to behaviors we like - eating, good food, being with others, partying, etc. :)
Following that train of thought, I think we naturally want to be liked as we are...everyone wants to be loved and accepted. But there are those, and I've known many over the years, who are hesitant to let themselves be who they really want to be for fear of judgement by society.

My ex-girlfriend, for instance, was a lot like me...she grew up on the chubby side, was ridiculed for it, and became insecure for a long time. She told me she always wished she could have the freedom to just be fat, eat what she wanted, and enjoy her size without shame.

I think it was our relationship which finally gave us both the courage to go for it and deliberately gain a few and enjoy ourselves. Not sure if she continued on her journey of self acceptance after our break up...but still proudly being myself here.

Sometimes, we need communities like these, positive relationships, and good experiences to teach us not to be ashamed of who we are.

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
I couldn't agree more! We definitely need places like this for like minded people to interact. It's a safe zone for us of this community. It's a place for us to speak freely about our experiences. It's a place not only for people that grew up having these feelings, but occasionally, it pulls someone like myself out of society's norms and into this world :D

EmilyEW

The Internet did change a lot, right? Such a discussion would be almost impossible to carry in the pre-internet age.
I am just wondering if this ever became fully a part of normal life. It is now a subculture and many people outside are already aware of it. But would this ever become a full thing?
Like your friends will ask you if you are into thin or fat people or getting fat would be one of those life preferences and choices that others would fully accept. Or you would just say I am going to fatten myself this year and people will just ask, "How big you want to go?" the same way as if you announce you are going on a diet.

queenarona

I think the love of fatness would become normalized once fat phobia is dealt with. Society believes if you're fat, you're unhealthy, which isn't always true, and we attribute thinness to healthiness, which is also often untrue. In media we are shown that attractiveness and beauty equal to being thin or athletic (and more often than not being white). If we fight for more accurate body representation in the media, if we educate ourselves and others with the fact that losing weight doesn't automatically equal true healthiness, then we can approach a society where people are open about their love of fatness and open about their desire to gain weight.

DWilliams1

I think the love of fatness would become normalized once fat phobia is dealt with. Society believes if you're fat, you're unhealthy, which isn't always true, and we attribute thinness to healthiness, which is also often untrue. In media we are shown that attractiveness and beauty equal to being thin or athletic (and more often than not being white). If we fight for more accurate body representation in the media, if we educate ourselves and others with the fact that losing weight doesn't automatically equal true healthiness, then we can approach a society where people are open about their love of fatness and open about their desire to gain weight.
Completely agree, one hundred per cent!! It's a form of social conditioning...we are being innundated with this information on a regular basis, even from our youngest years. Even in children, we see others (I was one of them) being bullied and hated on by peers for being different, and especially if that difference happens to be weight related. Why many people must find a reason to hate on others, for whatever reason, is beyond me.

I've told others for a long time....you can literally look like a pencil thin model in a magazine, put yourself through cosmetic surgeries, and do everything the "right" way according to society...and there will always be those who find a reason to hate, dislike, or find fault with you.

Might as well save the energy and work on making YOU happy instead, whatever that entails for each person.

I'm glad to say I've come a long way from hating myself (because of what society, and even my own family would say to me)...to finally embracing my choice of lifestyle, my love of fatness, of weight gain, and what makes me happy. I hope I can encourage others to do the same.

EmilyEW

One of my close relatives got really fat very quickly around her 16~17 or so age (350 pounds or so) as a result of some pills for some condition (don't want to go to details) and maybe a little bit of her mom's big portions. She got really depressed, her whole family was treating it like a tragedy, I am pretty sure the family was the culprit of her depression. They were not shaming her or making fun, they loved her but they were constantly pitting her and putting into her head how sad it is to be that weight and that was itself so sad :(

In my opinion, she was gorgeous, and I had such a girl-crush 🥰 . Immagine 350 pound hafu Japanese girl with great chubby face but with a true fat white girl body. (she lives in the west, not in Japan) It was so sad to see her being so devastated by it. It was also very hard to talk to her family about it. Not that the family would listen to me anyway. Still, the stigma was there. I could not start by just saying she looks great - they would either think I am just trying to be nice, or I need a psychotherapist myself. She was fat and it was a tragedy for her, there was no other possible option. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy.
Sometimes well-meaning parents are the biggest fuck-ups.
I think she got a little better now when she is a bit older, in a way that she accepted it. But she probably still thinks it is something to be ashamed of to be fat.

Last edited:

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Supporter
One of my close relatives got really fat very quickly around her 16~17 or so age (350 pounds or so) as a result of some pills for some condition (don't want to go to details). She got really depressed, her whole family was treating it like a tragedy, I am pretty sure the family was the culprit of her depression. They were not shaming her or making fun, they loved her but they were constantly pitting her and putting into her head how sad it is to be that weight and that was itself so sad :(

In my opinion, she was gorgeous, and I had such a girl-crush 🥰 . Immagine 350 pound Japanese girl. (she does not live in japan) It was so sad to see her being so devastated by it. It was also very hard to talk to her family about it. Not that the family would listen anyway. Still, the stigma was there. I could not start by saying she looks great - they would either think I am just trying to be nice, or I need a psychotherapist myself. She was fat and it was a tragedy for her, there was no other possible way. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy.
Sometimes well-meaning parents are the biggest fuck-ups.
I know how that goes! I went through a similar situation when I first started putting on weight. My mother would say things like "you're ruining yourself" and such. That eventually turned into "you've ruined yourself" Needless to say, I think attitudes like that made me want it to happen that much more. She hasn't said anything like that in a long time now. Either she has accepted me for who I am now, or she's just given up lol!

Shotha

DM Supporter
I like eating but I class myself as a gainer rather than a feedee, because I see feederism/feedeeism as incorporating eating into the sex act and I don't usually do that.

I don't overeat. I have a big appetite, which I like to indulge. If eating doesn't make me fat then I want to eat more. I also have an attitude against the prefixes "over-" and "ob-" because I believe that nature knows extremes but no excesses.

As I have said many times before, I believe that fat people have a natural place in the evolution of our species.

yayfat

Yep, [title of thread], that's me. Fascination since puberty with making myself fat. Have had ups & downs as my mind switched from fat mode to normal mode, but trend over the years was very generally upward. A few excursions to lower weights (on an upward trend over the years) that didn't hold because it had become unnatural for me.

In the past year-plus, I've let go in another way that I didn't before. Diet sabotage. I now buy large quantities of fattening stuff when I go to the store, the reason being so that I never run out of something, and so there are always other types of fattening things available if I get tired of something. I am back close to BMI 35, my top weight ever from over 10 years ago, and maybe I'll go over. Health problems may do me in, but, if I last that long, when the famine comes, I'll be what's for dinner or at least may survive a while.

I'm a male; I see this thread was originally aimed at females. Oh well... Statute of limitations has expired on this thread lol.

1. Do you need significantly more calories or find yourself eating more in order to maintain the extra weight?
Not sure. When I have tried to diet & take off weight, I may lose 10-20-30 lbs but reach a point where it's very hard. That weight has risen over the years and over the gaining cycles. When I eat naturally, I maintain easily, at higher weights than before.

2. When actively gaining or maintaining, do you have a bigger food budget or do you choose cheaper but less healthy high-cal foods instead?
I don't worry about what I'm spending, but, I do tend to buy cheaper on the cost scale. For instance, I made mac-n-cheese this morning. Fattening but not costly.

3. How often do you feel physically sick after a large meal after the buzz goes away and how do you deal with the sugar crash?
I have learned my limits. 1/2 pizza at a time, not a whole pizza.

4. Isn't gaining and weight maintainence stressful?
I love to eat. Not eating is stressful. I'm having less stress now that I have loads of fattening stuff around, and am not worried about running out of 'good stuff' and having to eat healthy until I get courage to go to the store.

Last edited:

EmilyEW

I used to be 250 about 10 years ago. I was literally fattening myself on purpose big time and it was taking over my life and I started having health issues. Long story short, I stopped one day. Just like that.
Over the past 10 years, I went down to 130. Not actually trying to diet, just kind of stopped carrying about food altogether. Not that hard where I am now - the food here sucks! At some point, I was eating only two meals a day (breakfast and dinner) and often forgot about breakfast when I was busy - I would realize in the evening that I had not eaten or drunk anything but I wasn't really hungry. I totally started having health issues again to the point of passing out when I got scared (true story!). I started with vegetarian diet, which was helping a little but I hate salads - I hate them with passion! Not for human consumption. I like vegetarian food, but I don't know how to make a good one.

I saw myself in a mirror about a month ago. Ugh...horrifying like an escapee from a prisoner camp. I started really forcing myself to get stuffed with food (not junk and still 0 sugar). I am up 15 pounds in just a month at my current 145. Crazy but I guess once you have fat cells, they just stay dormant and waiting to be filled. But I also started to exercise this time around. We will see.

Last edited:

DWilliams1

I know how that goes! I went through a similar situation when I first started putting on weight. My mother would say things like "you're ruining yourself" and such. That eventually turned into "you've ruined yourself" Needless to say, I think attitudes like that made me want it to happen that much more. She hasn't said anything like that in a long time now. Either she has accepted me for who I am now, or she's just given up lol!
Same here. For me, coming from someone who always had a strong fat attraction, the remarks by family and friends made me desire it that much more (albeit in secret, until I finally went for it). It was also hurtful for me to watch my thinner cousins and relatives get to enjoy as many desserts as they wanted at family gatherings without guilt. While I, on the other hand, (being on the chubby side), got scolded if I "dared" reach for a second cookie or piece of pie.

When I finally came to terms with what I wanted and how I felt, it wasn't only an immense turn on, but powerfully liberating too...being able to eat as much as I desired, to satisfy every craving, and to enjoy the weight gain as a result.

I still get the odd remarks from certain relatives, but not going to let it get to me any more. The most important thing is, I'm living the way I choose...I feel good...I'm healthy...so I'm definitely not going to be ashamed to be who I always wanted.

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Supporter
Same here. For me, coming from someone who always had a strong fat attraction, the remarks by family and friends made me desire it that much more (albeit in secret, until I finally went for it). It was also hurtful for me to watch my thinner cousins and relatives get to enjoy as many desserts as they wanted at family gatherings without guilt. While I, on the other hand, (being on the chubby side), got scolded if I "dared" reach for a second cookie or piece of pie.

When I finally came to terms with what I wanted and how I felt, it wasn't only an immense turn on, but powerfully liberating too...being able to eat as much as I desired, to satisfy every craving, and to enjoy the weight gain as a result.

I still get the odd remarks from certain relatives, but not going to let it get to me any more. The most important thing is, I'm living the way I choose...I feel good...I'm healthy...so I'm definitely not going to be ashamed to be who I always wanted.
That's the way it should be. You live your own life. Whatever your ambitions, it's no one else's choice but yours!

kilo riley

When this thread was first started by Weeze in 2009 I was somewhere around 220. Now eleven years later and I'm 440 lbs. I never thought I'd ever get this heavy. I remember seeing a photo of a very big fella and he had these wide hips and a belly apron that just filled up every space of his trousers and now that's what I am. Which is ironic because my feeder side was the reason I searched out dims in the first place. But, I knew I'd get huge when I realized that overeating ( like really overeating like a glutton day after day) turned me on. Once that happens you're really helpless to resist

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Supporter
When this thread was first started by Weeze in 2009 I was somewhere around 220. Now eleven years later and I'm 440 lbs. I never thought I'd ever get this heavy. I remember seeing a photo of a very big fella and he had these wide hips and a belly apron that just filled up every space of his trousers and now that's what I am. Which is ironic because my feeder side was the reason I searched out dims in the first place. But, I knew I'd get huge when I realized that overeating ( like really overeating like a glutton day after day) turned me on. Once that happens you're really helpless to resist
Yes I couldn't agree more. Once you develop a pleasure for overeating and/or gaining weight, I think that pretty much seals the deal for what going to happen to you eventually! :D

DWilliams1

Yes I couldn't agree more. Once you develop a pleasure for overeating and/or gaining weight, I think that pretty much seals the deal for what going to happen to you eventually! :D
I agree...I don't know if that level of weight gain will be for me, but who knows. As long as I feel good and am enjoying myself, I'll keep going. I'm more about the enjoyment of the journey and seeing/feeling the progress than any ultimate goal.

EmilyEW

🤩

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Passionate Foodie. I'll try anything twice, as long as I can learn to cook it at home. Ingredient availability usually gets in the way tho.
This post still applies, just add a smoker and a airfryer to the list of foodee equipment. How did I ever live without a smoker of my own?

AuntHen

DM Supporter
Somewhat of a self foodie/feedee. Not really into gaining, although I have always been able to easily do so. I do however like if/when I do gain (as a result of overindulgence) how the "new fat" (perhaps just water weight) is so soft and squishy feeling.

I also really like to watch eating videos (mukbang, stuffing and even anime. I am kind of obsessed with anime food and the way many of the characters eat so robustly and seem to constantly be consumed with food. The animators seem to get the "lustful passion" part of eating IMO.) Its like while watching, I can almost put myself in their place and feel, taste and enjoy the food too.

Latest posts