FFA's: What's your ideal first date?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shalion

Shalion
I'd like to pose a question to all of you Female Fat admirers here. A bit of research for a story I'm writing ;-)

Imagine that you are in your late teens, and you have the opportunity to go on a first date with a BHM. He asked you out, but you had to pressure him pretty hard first; he's a bit shy about his size and doesn't quite believe you when you suggest that you like his body type.

My question is, how do you imagine this date going? Do you want him to sweep you off your feet, or would you be more comfortable taking a leading role? Is it important to see him eating dinner? Would you expect a kiss on the first date? More? If he were shy, how would you break him out of his shell? Or is that something you feel like he needs to overcome on his own?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could walk me through their ideal first date with a plus-size gentleman from start to finish.

GrowingBoy

A nice first date would be a movie. You can get your BHM snacks and a big tub of popcorn, then rub his belly. He should come away comfortable with your attraction to him and willing to indulge when he is with you.

byutane

Grabby Hands Sr.
With the kind of scenario and the personality type of this hypothetical man you've described, I'd go in expecting to have to take it slow. It wouldn't bother me if I only made a little bit of progress with his self confidence/belief in my attraction to him. Just a hint of the fact that he could become more open would be exciting, if he's starting from such a low point, and that kind of progress requires a push and pull. I'd be coaxing, sure, but in order to respond to that the guy would have to (on some level, even if it's buried under anxiety) want to be coaxed and want to improve his confidence.

So regardless of the actual date activity, there would be that dynamic going on. Constant, reassuring signals of my attraction to him through comments and physical flirting, met sometimes by shocked delight or maybe even denial, but by the end I'd hope there would be a signal that he was open to understanding it - maybe a kiss like you said, or even just a small comment could make all the difference for the outlook of the relationship and that promise would be really exciting. Or maybe if you're writing a different kind of story, there's a massive 180° breakthrough at the end and he suddenly can't wait to get his clothes off lmao

Like GrowingBoy said, a movie would be a good setting, though I also like the idea of planetariums, museums, concerts, aquariums... an activity that's not too active, relevant to our interests and gives you something to talk about, keeping the guy calm because there's nothing to automatically call attention to his weight.

And yes, it would be a big bonus if I got to see him enjoying his food into the bargain ;p hope that's helpful!

Shalion

Shalion
This is some great feedback from both GrowingBoy and Byutane! I feel like it really helps the authenticity of my writing to hear from real people. Especially since my own dating experience is really limited XD

In my story, the BHM in question (actually a SSBHM) is naive of the fact that there actually are such things as female fat admirers, but he doesn't have massive barriers in the area of self esteem or even the idea that someone could be fascinated by or attracted to his size. He definitely has that inner longing to make a romantic connection, though it is buried at first under a layer of anxiety and teenage inexperience.

I love the suggestions in addition to the movies. All of those things are definitely low-impact activities that wouldn't alienate a person of significant size as much as a hike up a mountain lol.

I do want to avoid the cliche's that appear in some of these types of stories with an abrupt 180 personality change, of course. Which is why I've actually planned for several encounters with the primary love interest in order to spread out the growth of their relationship ;-)

SSBHM

Ok, my ideal first date - sounds like fun to imagine!

I'm hungry.

I can tell. We should go out to eat.

Really, would you really like to go with me?

Sure, I bet I can eat more than you!

No way! I take that as a challenge. You're so skinny, and well, I'm pretty hefty.

Game on! Let's go to a buffet big boy.

Ok, want to make any side bet on who can out eat who?

Oh, that wouldn't be really fair. Unless, you could give me a handicap. Like you have to eat two of everything I eat.

No problem! Now what about a wager?

Colonial Warrior

I like the idea of a movie date at home with lots of popcorn. Popcorn mostly for the BHM or SSBHM. Then have a big home cooked meal or takeout. Then a walk along the beach at sunset to finish the date or good enough for a second date maybe.
One of the best ideas for dating. Not only for a story but for real life. I just love popcorn with so much butter on it. Thank you @PiggiesLove !