• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fine Living Network to become The Cooking Channel in 2010

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
Oh boy! More cooking shows! I love the TV Squad writer's idea of giving Jeffrey Saad a show!

From TV Squad:

...The way I see this, since Scripps owns the Food Network, the Cooking Channel will be sort of a Food Network annex. Food Network 2.0. Food Network, Two. In actuality, a lot of the programming on Fine Living now is connected to Food Network. Old Iron Chef episodes, Emeril LaGasse and Mario Batali and Wolfgang Puck ... all cooking shows that were once on Food Network.

Now that it's going to drop the Fine Living angle and concentrate on cooking, all the overflow from Food Network will have somewhere to go.

Scripps plans to make the new Cooking Channel a 24-hour network that "caters to avid food lovers by focusing on food information and instructional cooking programming." I know, it sounds a lot like Food Network. The first thing I would like to see on the Cooking Channel is a show for Jeffrey Saad, the runner up on The Next Food Network Star competition last summer. His idea for the spice smuggler might do really well on the new net...

From the AP Wire Services:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. is turning Fine Living into the Cooking Channel and moving the cable network from the hills of Tennessee to New York City's food-oriented Chelsea Market.

Scripps spokeswoman Cindy McConkey says Fine Living employees were told Thursday. The revamped channel will launch in third quarter of 2010.

About 20 jobs will be lost at Scripps' 1,000-employee headquarters in Knoxville, though Scripps hopes to find other positions for those workers locally.

Scripps Networks created Fine Living in 2002. The channel reaches 55 million households but hasn't grown as fast as its Knoxville-based sister networks HGTV and DIY Network, both geared to all things about homes.

In New York, the rebranded Cooking Channel will be paired with Scripps' successful acquisition, The Food Network, in studios the company already owns there.

Noting about a third of Fine Living's programming already is food related, McConkey said, "We see huge upside in the cooking category and expect exponential growth with the rebranding."....

Latest posts

Back