Quantcast

First Weight Story You Recall Reading

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rebel

Long Time Member
First weight gain story that really enthralled me

When I finally got online (early '96 I think) I very soon started looking for fat stuff (harder in the days before google!). I found Melanie Bell's site, and sucked down her stories, finished and incomplete, as well as her lightly fictionalized diary. I think I found her site only weeks or a few months before she stopped doing updates, so I had access to pretty much her full output. I forget what I read first, or what she called her stories.

But oh wow, THIS was what I'd been waiting for all these years! A person who liked fat in a broad sense, wanting to gain, being attracted to fat people, liking stuffing, and all that stuff. But writing about it as part of life, as opposed to the stories in BUF that were completely unbelievable in the context of actually living a life. ETA: I recalled that the old Dimensions site had archived her stories. A quick google search later and here is the link: http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/dimtext/stories/melanie/ Doesn't include her diary, but does have her stories.

I'd say Melanie Bell's material was really my kick-off into fat fiction, and what got me to try writing my own not too long afterward. But the two previous firsts were important steps along the way, opening up ways of looking at things that coloured my thoughts ever after.
Thank you so much for Melanie's link. She was a good on-line friend and I miss her a great deal. You have made my day brighter by reminding of her. Thank you Tad.

Reactions: Tad

bigisland

Probably some the early Buf and Dimensions magazine stories. At first I only read bbw stuff but with time I have been enjoying bhm stories as well.
As a big guy I never realized that that there was so much love and acceptance for big men, anyway many of our Dims writers have a very lovely point of view.

Starling

I love this idea for a thread! It was definitely “The Big Tease” by ashblonde. That was the first BHM story I found online and it was such a life changing experience in terms of having someone articulate what I’d been nebulously feeling my whole life. I know that’s an intense way of putting it, but after reading that story and the main character Laura’s love of heavy men it was a moment of “yep, same, that’s me too” clarity. Then I think the next BHM story I found once I’d made my way through all of ashblonde’s stories on any/every corner of the internet was called “He” or “Him”. That one was about a woman who essentially enslaves a guy she likes by feeding him to immobility - and that was another moment of clarity, where I decided “oh no, this is not for me at all”.

LarryTheNoodleGuy

I bought a bunch of old BUF magazines in bulk, I want to say about 18 years ago. There were, of course, all the photos of beautiful fat women who are now lost to time, but a "forum" type letter burned itself into my brain, thus proving that sex takes place in the mind first. The passage was written by a woman who described first her uninentional weight gain, followed by a few years of intense, purposeful overeating:

"My once smallish breasts are now heavily rounded, overlapping several thick rolls of belly fat and merging with my oversized 'lardass.'"

What I loved about this letter, whether or not it was authentic, was reading a woman who was into her fat body and making it fatter. Previously I felt I had to keep such thoughts to myself. It made me realize that purposeful weight gain was not simply a fantasy of men, but that women had it too. I've since met many women who, though they may not say so out loud are hopelessly, helpelessly turned on when a button breaks or the scale reads a much higher number or they notice their bodies bumping into things or they are more out of breath than usual.

I regret to say I lost these magazines to water damage.

billedmeup

About 20 years ago, I was on a business trip, sitting alone in my hotel room. Access to the internet was kind of new and I started searching about weight related items...not sure what I was looking for. I hit upon my first wg story. It was on the old Dimensions anonymous page. It was called “Bellied Boy With Badge: Fed Up.” It was about security guards at a mall who get free food at the food court. Our hero hits it off with a girl at one of the fast food places who feeds him until the buttons on his uniform are popping. Not sure how many stories I read that night, but I sure didn’t get much sleep.

I am a straight guy and like virgin gain stories of both men and women especially when the wg is accidental or unintentional. Melanie Bell’s Expanding Star was a favorite. I also liked Freshman weight gain stories, like when a prom queen goes to college and moves in with a fat roommate who always makes sure she has plenty to eat and she goes home for the holidays 40 pounds fatter. In spite of the first one being a BHM weight gain story, I initially really liked female wg stories. Later, I identified with stories about men who were fattened by their significant other. On the current Dimensions Forum, bigbeautifuldreamer is my favorite author.

I am very sorry to see the old Dimensions archive is gone. I always loved to revisit old favorites including that very first one. If I understand correctly, this forum will be going down soon as well...very sad.

grasso

my first incounter was when l came across buf magazine the women were beautiful and l really injoyed the first story of a women eating herself to larger and larger sizes

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm sorry to hear that someone is spreading rumors
About 20 years ago, I was on a business trip, sitting alone in my hotel room. Access to the internet was kind of new and I started searching about weight related items...not sure what I was looking for. I hit upon my first wg story. It was on the old Dimensions anonymous page. It was called “Bellied Boy With Badge: Fed Up.” It was about security guards at a mall who get free food at the food court. Our hero hits it off with a girl at one of the fast food places who feeds him until the buttons on his uniform are popping. Not sure how many stories I read that night, but I sure didn’t get much sleep.

I am a straight guy and like virgin gain stories of both men and women especially when the wg is accidental or unintentional. Melanie Bell’s Expanding Star was a favorite. I also liked Freshman weight gain stories, like when a prom queen goes to college and moves in with a fat roommate who always makes sure she has plenty to eat and she goes home for the holidays 40 pounds fatter. In spite of the first one being a BHM weight gain story, I initially really liked female wg stories. Later, I identified with stories about men who were fattened by their significant other. On the current Dimensions Forum, bigbeautifuldreamer is my favorite author.

I am very sorry to see the old Dimensions archive is gone. I always loved to revisit old favorites including that very first one. If I understand correctly, this forum will be going down soon as well...very sad.
No, it's not going anywhere. Please do not spread rumors that someone is making up.

mamyers

Fling magazine sometime in 79. Confessions of a fat freak
My fetish, my fantasies in print. Wow

Reactions: Tad

BouncingBoy

Formerly known as Dragorat
Can't say it was my 1st but I started reading Wilson Barbers stories way back in the old issues of BUF before I was ever online.The story I remember the most from back then was Balloon Woman.His writing style just made things seem so real.Made me hungry for more!

Shotha

DM Supporter
The first weight gain story that I remember reading was Alien Ambassador. I know that I skimmed through lots of stories that didn't appeal to me but this is the first one that I remember from about 25 years ago. It's about an astronaut landing on a distant planet to be an ambassador to the beings that live there. Although these beings are all slim, their food is highly calorific - millions of calories per plateful. The guy in charge of mission control back on earth holds a grudge against the astronaut and, in order to wreak vengeance on the astronaut, he doesn't warn him about the food. The astronaut happily eats all the food that they aliens put in front of him to welcome him. Then he suddenly finds himself expanding. At the end of the story he measures about ten feet round the middle and he's still growing. (Demonic laughter from ground control.)

RVGleason

I don’t remember the first adult wg story I read, but it was definitely on Dimensions. It could have been a Wilson Barbers story. Earlier, there were weight gain stories in a few comic books I read like Archie, Superman, Wonder Woman and Little Lotta. When I discovered Dimensions I drifted towards the wg stories and wrote a few of my own. :D

atcAlan

I Love Sweet Pears
The first I remember was in a British magazine called Plumpers. It was in a forum like section of supposed real stories. It dealt with a guy who is dating a thin girl but secretly really likes big girls. He ends up going on a work trip for a couple of months and let's his girlfriend take care of his car while he is away. He forgets that he left his stash of Big Girl magazines under the seat. While he is away he decides that he is going to have to break up with her because she is too thin. When he gets back, she picks him up at the airport and he almost doesn't recognize her because she has put on about 40 lbs. She then tells him that she found the magazines and figured that if he liked big girls she would get big for him. In an epilogue he tells how they married and she continues to gain. That got me hooked. Sometime later I got a copy of a BUF magazine and it had the story The Fattening of Marian Merideth by Wilson Barbers. The editing was horrible and the story wasn't complete. But the picture was awesome. Was glad to find Fat Majick on Dims with all his stories. Huge Fan.

melallensink

"Amazons" emailed to me in '96. It's about a couple of athletic high school girls that get fanta-sized fat afterwards. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Otherwise, a whole lot of cartoon gags before that.

Jay78

There was a site run by a woman named Rosie in the late 90’s or early 00’s. She was a feeder and hand a bunch of links to articles and some other girls who were gaining (Heather was one I can recall). Anyways she had a story I believe to be about herself discovering feederism by accident strolling through adult magazines in a store she snuck into. As the story progress she triggered an old feeling from childhood, found an encourager online, started gaining and her husband loved it. She ended up at 543 pounds if I remember correctly. That story is near and dear to my heart!

Korn Loffie

The three girlfriends by The Norseman.
It's about 3 women who agree to meet every 10 years, and in the process, all gain a lot of weight, of course.
In the end, they stop their reunions, bummer, lol

Last edited:

Volt01

VOLKSWAGEN DRIVING SHORTSTACK LOVING BADASS
back in 05, it was like the worlds fattest woman or something, i kinda forget but it was hot to a young me.

Latest posts