Quantcast

First!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ho Ho Tai

Trying to imagine myself as a biker babe and I like it! First things first though, for now I'll be taking it one step at a time. My health is still good, it's just that I've reached that point in my life when I need to make some changes to keep it that way. Old habits are hard to break so if I take it slow and steady I should stay ahead of the curve. Curves are good, ya know.

Ho Ho Tai

Trying to imagine myself as a biker babe and I like it! First things first though, for now I'll be taking it one step at a time. My health is still good, it's just that I've reached that point in my life when I need to make some changes to keep it that way. Old habits are hard to break so if I take it slow and steady I should stay ahead of the curve. Curves are good, ya know.

Ho Ho Tai

Sue (i.e. TallFatSue) This reply is totally out of context but I haven't logged into Dimensions recently and don't know the protocol to contact you directly.
This attempt to contact you is motivated by a post that An(gel) saw on Dave Stybr's newsletter (maestrodjs) - lengthy, articulate, referencing husband Art, and including an iconic picture of a very cute plump young lady. I tried first to contact you at the last known address I had for you but it bounced - expected because you said that you were going to change it.

So why am I trying to contact you? Well, at age 82, my mind and my body both slip a gear now and then. I am not a recluse at all. We have a large circle of physical and on-line friends, all of whom we keep in touch with via e-mail or USPS, but it occurs to me that I do miss Dimensions. I have made a number of physical friends which began as Dimensions contacts, and thank God for every one of you.

I still bike, though in November 2019, I took a fall and broke my femur, just short of the pelvis. The surgical fix went fine but i have residual soft tissue damage which has made it difficult to bike. I finally gave up and bought a step-through. That's working fine, at least until I can resume riding one of my other bikes. Between An(gel) and me, the garage is getting rather crowded with bikes.

By the way, today is our 30th wedding anniversary, and we are still totally in love. We have a joke we play on the waitress (or waiter) in the restaurants. We like to sit on the same side of the booth. We explain that we are on our first date. Of course, it did start 30 years ago.

Here's a big, virtual hug for all of you who remember Old Ho HoGroup hug Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and friends.jpg

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Here's a big, virtual hug for all of you who remember Old Ho HoView attachment 136194
I remember you, and had been low-key worried about you when you hadn't posted for a while. Delighted to hear from you (and that you are finding a way to keep biking! My wife has been looking at the step through bikes too, because of some knee and balance issues).

Virtual hug to you, and don't be a stranger, please :)

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Here's a big, virtual hug for all of you who remember Old Ho Ho
I'd partake in the group hug (thank you, Ho Ho!), but in my current condition, I think everyone will have to come to me.

Ho Ho Tai

I remember you, and had been low-key worried about you when you hadn't posted for a while. Delighted to hear from you (and that you are finding a way to keep biking! My wife has been looking at the step through bikes too, because of some knee and balance issues).

Virtual hug to you, and don't be a stranger, please :)

Ho Ho Tai

Tad - I have four bikes (including the step-through). I had several others, now in the posession of my grandchidren. My wife has just one - the Raleigh C-200 we bought 30 years ago, when we married. I've shrunk a bit as I have aged and have had to modify my bikes, or buy new ones, in accordance with my dimensions (not that kind - I have tipped the scales at 160, +/- a lb. for years Mrs. Ho Ho is 20 years younger than I am and only improves with the years. She is 'substantial', but very strong! We started biking together when we were first married, though both of us had considerable biking experience prior to that. We have averaged, conservatively, about 600 miles per season. Do the math.

I hope this crazy right-leg mobility problem goes away with time and exercise. Meanwhile, the step-through seems to work fine.

One trick I found, even before my broken hip, was a hydraulic saddle mount. Controlled from the handlebars, it lowers the saddle for mounting, raises it for pedaling, and drops if for dismounting. This assures that no clothing gets caught on the saddle as your feet touch the ground during a stop.

It's been years since I had the balance to do a cowboy mount, where you put your foot on the pedal (left foot for me), start the bike rolling, then swing the other leg over the rear tire and saddle. I have to stand on the ground and swing my leg over. This was fine until I broke my hip. The crazy thing is that my right leg was undamaged and yet has lost mobility. We do have a treadmill and stationary bike, so are able to maintain aerobic fitness. Our gym is closed due to COVID-19, which deprives me of the many upper body exercises I do, and need to augment leg strength, until things heal. I do some elementary upper body work at home, but can't match what is available at the gym.

There is nothing - NOTHING - in life to match a loving partnership over 30 years, but having a PFL (partner-friend-lover) who is also a biker augments even that.

Barrett - Your Pooh cartoon is hilarious. I'm adding it to my collection.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Sue (i.e. TallFatSue) This reply is totally out of context but I haven't logged into Dimensions recently and don't know the protocol to contact you directly.
This attempt to contact you is motivated by a post that An(gel) saw on Dave Stybr's newsletter (maestrodjs) - lengthy, articulate, referencing husband Art, and including an iconic picture of a very cute plump young lady. I tried first to contact you at the last known address I had for you but it bounced - expected because you said that you were going to change it.

So why am I trying to contact you? Well, at age 82, my mind and my body both slip a gear now and then. I am not a recluse at all. We have a large circle of physical and on-line friends, all of whom we keep in touch with via e-mail or USPS, but it occurs to me that I do miss Dimensions. I have made a number of physical friends which began as Dimensions contacts, and thank God for every one of you.

I still bike, though in November 2019, I took a fall and broke my femur, just short of the pelvis. The surgical fix went fine but i have residual soft tissue damage which has made it difficult to bike. I finally gave up and bought a step-through. That's working fine, at least until I can resume riding one of my other bikes. Between An(gel) and me, the garage is getting rather crowded with bikes.

By the way, today is our 30th wedding anniversary, and we are still totally in love. We have a joke we play on the waitress (or waiter) in the restaurants. We like to sit on the same side of the booth. We explain that we are on our first date. Of course, it did start 30 years ago.

Here's a big, virtual hug for all of you who remember Old Ho HoView attachment 136194
I am terribly sad to share with you that the mystery of TallFatSue and her engineer hubby Art was solved. Many had noticed that the same posts, word for word were posted over many different social platforms. Back in the yahoo groups, special women’s groups, and even here at dimensions. The posts were repeated and while the intro might change the bulk of the stories stagnated. Eventually it was determined by a previous Administrator of Dims that TallFatSue did not actually exist, she was a character that was used for many years to talk about this fantasy of all o er body massages and a Funny little guy named Art. Another internet Bigfoot debunked.

I am terribly sad to share with you that the mystery of TallFatSue and her engineer hubby Art was solved. Many had noticed that the same posts, word for word were posted over many different social platforms. Back in the yahoo groups, special women’s groups, and even here at dimensions. The posts were repeated and while the intro might change the bulk of the stories stagnated. Eventually it was determined by a previous Administrator of Dims that TallFatSue did not actually exist, she was a character that was used for many years to talk about this fantasy of all o er body massages and a Funny little guy named Art. Another internet Bigfoot debunked.
Oh wow! I always did wonder about the whispers and rumours about "her". Mystery solved. Funny and also a wee bit creepy.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Oh wow! I always did wonder about the whispers and rumours about "her". Mystery solved. Funny and also a wee bit creepy.
It was.a man doing the writing. There was t much in the way of too much creepy happenings. Just the repetitive nature of the posts and the ever absent Art. TFS was a ledge end for quite a while.