• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Flying/Swollen Ankles/Compression socks/etc

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knottyknicky

Hips like Cinderella
Hey ladies (and gents)...I'm getting ready to fly to Europe for the holidays, and I'm a little nervous, since I've never flown so far. Mostly about water retention and preventing any kind of blood clots. I'm flying with one seat (which will be cramped) and haven't been able to make my seat request yet, so I'm hoping for an aisle. I talked to my doctor about it, and he gave me an Rx for a diuretic since I swell so bad when I fly, along with some xanax (I hate flying) and instructions to use compression socks. I've been looking around today online and it seems like they're all REALLY expensive. Does anyone know anything about these? I need to find some that fit too, as I've got pretty big calves (21 inches). I haven't been down to the drug store or anything, but I'm guessing they won't have socks that would fit me. I'm stressing over this because now I'm trying to figure out what to wear so I don't look like a total granny on the flight (and when I see my husband at the other end of my trip). I've never flown this far before so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible, so I can be as comfortable as possible. I wish British Airways would allow me to make a seat assignment before the day before the flight but ah well. Anybody have any tips? I'm already planning on drinking oodles of water and limiting my salt, and wearing something comfy and loose. I guess I'm just stuck on those silly socks. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Latest posts

Back