• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Food and Music

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJ Rock

Ever since I was kid growing up, the two have been inextricably linked. Every family meal was accompanied by either the radio (especially in the morning at breakfast) or a record on the family stereo (every night at dinner without fail!) I honestly can't imagine eating in total silence; the random and select times when I find that I have to eat in silence it feels very strange and uncomfortable, like I can't fully enjoy my food.

In addition to eating, I like to listen to certain kinds of music when I cook. Usually I like to listen to something very rhythmic and upbeat, as it helps me to get into the rhythm of the kitchen (I really get into a zone when I am cooking.) Salsa works well, or old-school classic soul or funk, or some up-tempo jazz. Then when it's time to chow, the mood mellows a bit and something a little more relaxing works best for me. I often prefer something instrumental, or some laid-back smooth vocals (think Luther Vandross or Patti Austin.)

Just some things I've been thinking about lately, and I started wondering:

-How many other people feel the same way about the relationship between their music and their food? Do you listen to music with your meals?

-What kind of music do you like to hear when you are dining, and does it differ from music you would normally listen to?

-Does your choice of food influence your choice of music, or vice-versa? (ie, Frank Sinatra goes to Pasta Primavera as Los Amigos Invisibles goes with Arroz con Pollo? lol)

-Is there a difference between what you listen while cooking and while eating?

-Do you have a favorite food/music combination?

Latest posts

Back