For the Regency Romance lovers here

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FFAscinated

Is this even legible? I'd be glad to re-type it, if y'all have trouble reading it.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Very interesting find @FFAscinated - thank you for posting it!

It inspired me to look further into the issue and I found this article in the NY Times (from 2018- but as the events covered were 210 years ago, that doesn't make much of a difference...):

The irony is that George IV aka the Prince Regent himself would make a fabulous lead character for a BHM regency romp.
But he has been type-cast as such a negative historic figure - among other things for his reputation of being a glutton - that so far nobody has come up with the idea.
It does not seem improbable that George IV was interested in Jane Austen's writing. Being a serious patron of the arts is the one positive feature he usually gets credited with - and one of his problems most likely was that he was far too intelligent for his otherwise intellectually very mediocre family (to put it politely as his father was severely mentally challenged for at least half his life).
Definitely a plot-line that needs some further thinking.....

Reactions: Tad

FFAscinated

I've actually seen a story with George as a main character, and a conflicted undercover revolutionary, who is FFascinated. Of course, I can't remember the title, or where I saw it, but I'll fossick around and see if I can locate it.

Reactions: Tad

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Thank you for this story reference FFAascinated! It really is a good, well-written story - especial since the historic research part is also diligently carried out (.... something which often puts me off a lot of period fiction...)

Latest posts