• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

For the women--What do you do when a man gives you his number?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBHMS

default title
Ok, so after a horrendous emotionally draining trainwreck of a breakup, I joined a dating site. I only intended on doing it for a couple of weeks, just to help myself get over Mr. Wrong and get out a bit just having moved. I openly said I was just looking to date and not for a relationship. I went out a couple of times and everything was fine. Over the time I was on there, I was emailing with a guy who's seperated. He seemed super nice and we had a few chats that last for more than an hour. He mentioned a few times he'd like to go out or we should go out 'sometime' and offered ideas for stuff to do. However he never asked for my number or tried to make any concrete plans. When I canceled my subscription, I said I'd had fun chatting with him and if he'd like to go out sometime, here was my cell number. He wrote back and gave me his number.

Ugh.

I saw this as sort of a turnoff/downer. I read this kind of thing as "I'm not really interested enough to put in the effort of calling you, but if you call me I might respond." My inclination is this kind of thing will never turn out well because if he were interested, he'd just call me.

What have other women done in this kind of situation where a man gives you his number or otherwise tries to get you to pursue him? If men want to respond, have you ever given a woman your number and why did you do that rather than taking hers?

Latest posts

Back