For Women Only: What Do You Wish Men Knew?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Eclectic_Girl

Rock n Roll Babe
It sounds so bland written down (like the words nice, sweet, thoughtful, etc.) but communication is so...sexy. The desire to spin/build little worlds together.
Oh, exactly!

Cuddled up together, making little jokes, talking about everything and nothing, knowing each other so well that you know where it's safe to tease and where to back off and smoothe things over with a kiss...

These are the moments that build the foundation of a relationship that can weather bigger and crazier things.

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
It sounds so bland written down (like the words nice, sweet, thoughtful, etc.) but communication is so...sexy. The desire to spin/build little worlds together.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

It's pretty much a relationship and very gendered cliche, but there's nothing more incredible than a man who is at ease talking about where they're at in the world from the mundane, the painful, to the beautiful.

I suppose to take this to a generic adage I'd say that I've been more attracted to men who are able to sidestep/overstep the societal norms that shut them down and are able to move forward in life with an ability to be real with their partners and friends. And it can't be forced, either, I suppose. Figure out what is on your mind (if anything) and make small starter attempts at putting it to words. or touches. or text messages for godsakes!

And never do it because you think we'll like it. Do it as an act moving you towards being a well rounded male.

Keb

Princess
If you have kids, be a good daddy. Play with them. Teach them. Carry them around in the mall and give Mom a break. It's incredibly cute--and sexy...and everyone benefits.

And if you don't have kids, don't be scared of them. I can't say they won't bite (some do) but you look like so much more fun to be with if you're willing to entertain small children or let yourself be amazed by their growing process.

Renaissance Woman

Please do.
If you don't like and/or want kids, then don't lie about it because you think that's what all women want to hear. Not all of us like and/or want kids, either. And if you don't and become serious with a woman who does because you've misled her early on, it's going to become a problem down the road.

Tina

Older and wiser now
I dunno, Missa, I remember telling a delivery nurse who was in my face, literally, yelling at me not to push to "fuck off." She was unhelpful at best, and was all amped up, which is the opposite of what she should have been at the time. I feel certain it was neither the first nor last time anyone had ever said that to her. :p

MrsSunGoddess

Honesty, good or bad, I'd prefer to be with a straight shooter any day, over someone who tells you what THEY think you want to hear.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Thirded...let me whine..cry...get mad...leave..whatever...better than always ....wondering.

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)
I wish the men in MY life knew that just because I don't AGREE with them doesn't mean I have a HEARING problem and they have to RAISE THEIR VOICES!

porkchop

Remember that it is the little things we get all emotional about(in a good way:wubu:)....making the coffee in the morning, candles/music for a little romance, putting the steering wheel up for us so we don't have to struggle to get into the car, cleaning the snow off the car for us, picking up dinner instead of asking what I am making, putting on a show you know I will like, surprising us with a favourite drink (must I say latte?)......the little things.

We may not say a huge I love you when you do them...but know that is what we are thinking when you do them.:wubu:

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
You look supercute in a hoodie and mucking about in Home Depot makes me happy.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Your sexuality is NOT GROSS! It's one of my favorite things about you, so relax. :)

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
I saw in someone's blog today the term "emotional vampire". That's what some of the men in my life seem to have been ....bloodsucking, self-centered, childish, don't care about no one but themselves and always whining. STOP IT!

and GD, stop asking me out if that's how you are :doh:

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
I really really like when you text me to just see how I am doing, or when you do so to show compassion about a mutual friend. <3

cold comfort

LisaInNC

I wish that guys knew...that if a girl stabs them its because she REALLY cares. :D

Teresa Gordan

"FINE" is never an appropriate response when I ask how I look. I will leave if you lie. I'm more forgiving of you than I really should be.SEX means more than sex. Women enjoy romance. Not calling when you say you call. When we ask if you want us to come over, all we want a simple yes or no.

Unbasher

Waiting for us to broach a difficult subject. If you're not doing well/have an issue, tell us. Don't wait for us to drag it out of you.
And I agree with Teresa: when you say you'll call, call. We're often verbal creatures and take things literally.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
This is a totally wonderful thread to dig back up!!! Things have changed a bit since 2008 I’m sure we can come-up with some more things

• Don’t can me Babe, Baby, Sweetie, or My Love in our first communications.
  • There is never ever going to be a time when I want to receive a picture or video of your penis. Someone might want to, but not me.
  • If you lose interest, don’t hide or Ghost, just be upfront. I’m going to be, I’ll tell you if I think we should just be friends.
  • Asking for pictures with specifics is pretty creepy. Sorry I do t have full body 360 degree photos of myself to send for your approval.
  • Realize that if a BBW or SSBBW has any form of Social Media they probably get hit on daily by catfish, men pretending to be soldiers, and all sorts of weird. That means our guards are up, trust has to be earned.

Latest posts

Group builder