For Women Only: What Do You Wish Men Knew?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by rainyday, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Feb 7, 2007 #41

Butterbelly

Butterbelly

Butterbelly

Melting in the desert

I just want to say, I love this thread. I can't wait to see what the men have written in their thread.

1. Do NOT ever underestimate me. Just because you think you're pulling a fast one on me doesn't mean I didn't know about it long before.

2. If you care about me and for me...say it, don't assume that I already know that. I like hearing it.

3. Don't try to change me. Either you like me or you don't, you can't mold me into the person you'd "like" to be with.

4. I'm a complex being. I know I can be difficult at times, but don't constantly rub that in my face. You can get further with me in a conversation if your tone is positive and not negative.

5. Whatever you do...DO NOT roll your eyes at me when I'm speaking about something important.

6. If I blow up about something, I'll be fine in five minutes. Just give me a hug and reassure me.

7. If I'm an important person if your life (girlfriend, significant other) don't hide me from the other important people in your life. That can kill someone's self-esteem in an instant.

8. If I ask you for your advice that's one thing...otherwise, I don't want it.

9. Men...do NOT ever think you can date multiple women and try and keep it a secret. We're not that stupid!

10. Don't list the things that you find wrong in me without examing yourself first. There is nothing worse than someone being critical of you. I'm hard enough on myself...I don't need your help.

11. Respect me and I will respect you.

12. If I give you an inch, don't you dare think about taking a mile. I'm too quick for that shit. (see #1)

13. I like my space and privacy...I'm not being evasive, I'm being me. If I feel something is important enough to tell you, I will...otherwise, stay out of my business.

14. And for God's sake...if I'm dating you, at least make an effort to come visit me. I hate it when I have to be the one driving to see you all the time. There is NO excuse for that (unless your carless).

15. Last and not least...damnit, pick up the phone and call me. Surprise me with a phone call from you. Don't make me call you all the time. Show me that you care enough to hear my voice, know what's going on in my life, and reassure me that you're there and thinking of me.

2. Feb 7, 2007 #42

Tooz

Tooz

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ

I didn't read all of these, but for me, here are two I thought of right off:

1: Please don't compare me with other females or pass off things I do as female things. It can be a problem because I've never fit in with other women, and this a) reminds me of it and b) makes me feel very factory-issued and un-special.

2: Compliment me (complement?)! It makes an impression on me if it's sincere.

liz (di-va) likes this.
  3. Feb 7, 2007 #43

SamanthaNY

SamanthaNY

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&

If you act one way with me, when we're alone together... and then completely different (i.e., aloof and stand-offish, or clingy and overbearing) when we're around your friends or other people?

Bad sign.

If we're riding in the car on a nice day - and you stop by the side of the road to pick wildflowers for me from an open field?

Good sign. Good, good sign.

4. Feb 7, 2007 #44

RedVelvet

RedVelvet

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate

1. I understand....deeply understand, that when I cry it pushes unconscious buttons of shame for you....My crying often makes you feel as if you are failing me, or are inadequate. But, you need to understand you are wrong...My crying is an involuntary act..I cry when I am pissed and frustrated more than when I am sad. I am not trying to manipulate you. If I could NOT cry, I would.

2. You, on the other hand? You get to cry more...if you can. I understand if you cant.

3. The lovely, small thoughtful things you do for me ARE a lovely way of saying you love me..and I know you feel actions speak louder than words....but....I need the words too.

4. When you give me unsolicited advice I feel small.

5. Yes, I am a badass...this doesnt mean that I don't have moments of crippling insecurity.

6. I am scared of commitment too....All smart people should be. The trick is to know the difference between a respectful fear of commitment and a pathological one.

7. Disappearing? That is some kinda pussy shite. Its human....but man....what a pussy you are!

8. There is a difference between "men" and "guys".

9. Some women LOVE gender roles...especially when tempered by emotional intelligence..

10. There is a difference between being a "man who loves women" and a "man who loves to fuck women"....we can tell, btw..

11. If you arent sure if you need a shower or not...you do.

12. Messy houses are not charming after age 22.

13. I love you more than you know, and would do anything for you.

5. Feb 8, 2007 #45

ashmamma84

ashmamma84

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah

Communicate, communicate, communicate. I can't read your mind...I am your partner, not your psychic. If there's a problem, it can't be fixed until it's acknowledged.

Crying is not a sign of weakness - it's a sign that you trust me enough to open up and be vunerable. You are a human too, and there's nothing wrong with being in touch with your feelings.

I am your lover, not your maid. Become familiar with the trash can, washer/dryer and mop/broom.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. Just because I make your dinner and do your laundry, doesn't mean it's what I'm SUPPOSED to do...

Love me for who I am, not what I have to potential to become. Let's enjoy the here and now.

liz (di-va) likes this.
  6. Feb 8, 2007 #46

Donna

Donna

Donna

wait...what?

For the love of everything holy, please, please:

1. Put the toilet seat down
    2. Rinse your beard trimmings out of the sink
    3. Put the top back on the milk
    4. Don't leave the tuna fish out on the counter
    5. No man has ever died while running the vac, loading the dishwasher or mopping a floor

In all seriousness, though, I have to agree with a lot of what you ladies have written. You've said it far better than I ever could, so I resorted to cheap humor. :blush: I will add my own serious one, though. Simply because I consider myself a bit of a feminist, does not mean that I do not adore and appreciate the girly things in life. One can be soft and tough, dear.

7. Feb 8, 2007 #47

kerrypop

kerrypop

kerrypop

Supafly

AHHH do you remember the days of

...a/s/l?

ripley likes this.
  8. Feb 8, 2007 #48

TheSadeianLinguist

TheSadeianLinguist

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated

Men's Guide to Dating Me:

The one thing I do not accept, under and circumstances, is someone doing something "for my own good" behind my back. I will find out, and I will make you pay. You have to sleep sometime.

I'm a big fan of vengeance. You fuck me over, and the lack of patience I exhibit in every other area of my life is made up for in this one. I'll wait years, decades if I have to in order to pay you back. Misery has no statute of limitations; I can dole it out whenever is convenient to me.

supersoup likes this.
  9. Feb 8, 2007 #49

MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty

Are you a scorpio? :p Kidding..lol..

Well..are you?

10. Feb 8, 2007 #50

Sandie_Zitkus

Sandie_Zitkus

Sandie_Zitkus

In Rememberance In Remembrance

Now I am 1000% sure I love you completely!!!:wubu:

11. Feb 8, 2007 #51

LillyBBBW

LillyBBBW

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher

Be direct when making plans together. If you prefer to go off with friends or your plans have changed tell us so that we can make other plans. We have lives too.

Stop putting yourself down by wondering why we're with you. We're with you because we think you are totally cool. :wubu: And stop courting this fear that we'll dump you for someone better. It is its own self fulfilling prophecy.

Chicks cry. Sometimes for no reason. No one knows why. It's some kind of built in stress equilizer or something, I don't know - and some have it worse than others. It's not intentional so don't hurt yourself getting too bothered over it. Just let it pass.

EvilPrincess likes this.
  12. Feb 8, 2007 #52

SparklingBBW

SparklingBBW

SparklingBBW

What's new pussycat?

If you wouldn't swallow it, then don't expect me to either. Jus sayin! :eat2:

Donna, rainyday and EvilPrincess like this.
  13. Feb 8, 2007 #53

BBWTexan

BBWTexan

BBWTexan

Speak No Evil

Here's just what I could think of offhand. Additionally, there might be women who share these sentiments, but they really apply to me specifically:

I'm not any other woman that you've ever encountered in your entire life. If you're interested in getting to know me, do just that and don't assume that I have the same needs and behaviors as anyone else.

Don't assume I can't handle the truth - no matter what it might be. I might not like it, but I'd rather know it now instead of finding out later. And, for the record, I *Can* handle it. I didn't get this far not being able to handle things.

What you guys do is not so mysterious. It may sound funny to you, but there is a weird women's intuition that we have and we can usually tell when you're up to something... and even then we can usually figure out what it is you're up to. It's the 'why' you do those things that we don't understand.

Just because I'm a relatively confident and independent woman doesn't mean that I don't sometimes want to feel 'soft.' And when I do get like that, there's no need to freak out - I'll be back to normal in no time.

I'm just not much of a cryer when it involvs my own issues. Unless it's an unusual circumstance, I won't cry when I get upset about personal things, but I will bawl like a little baby at the end of the movie version of Casper. I'm just sentimental like that.

Get to me intellectually, hit my funny bone. The "nice" things are just that and although I appreciate them when they're genuine, they aren't the way to my heart or my soul.

Please don't ever do anything for me that you think you have to/need to do. Do things for me because you want to. A backrub or a gentle touch will get you farther than flowers any day of the week.

And, despite all of your quirks (I have my own as well), I'm a big fan. I like the men folk.

AnnMarie likes this.
  14. Feb 8, 2007 #54

Sandie_Zitkus

Sandie_Zitkus

Sandie_Zitkus

OK but I'm not sure which is more gross --- swallowing or spitting.
    (and no I am not going to be the first to say which I do):huh:

15. Feb 8, 2007 #55

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

1. I am more than my tits and ass- this body encloses a soul and mind so tread carefully.

2. Don't ever ridicule me, make me feel guilty, make me feel like I'm not entitled to, or crazy for feeling/thinking how I do. Respect my thoughts and feelings- they are every bit as important as yours.
    If I cry, don't try to make it seem like I'm manipulating you. Let me have my feelings and say what I'm trying to say- if you do this for me, then when you're angry and punching the wall, I won't stop you to call you manipulative.

3. We are on equal ground- what's good for the gander is good for the goose. I don't do "double standards". If it's okay for you to have female friends and go out with the guys whenever you choose, then it's the same for me. Pretty simple concept....
    If I have worked all day just like you, then I don't feel like cooking, cleaning etc. any more than you do- however, I do it so don't give me shit and help me when I ask for it.

4. If you want me to act like a lady, then be a gentleman.

5. Don't be a p*ssy- I'm interested in a man- not a boy that can't face the consequences of what he has done. I expect you to be as strong as I am.

6. See me as another human being like yourself- I'm not some alien being just because of our differences.

7. The title of Dad is an important role- treat it as such.

8. If you don't support your children from a previous relationship, then don't ask me out. If you are unable to give a damn about your own children, I'm not foolish enough to think that you can care for me.

16. Feb 8, 2007 #56

Donna

Donna

Donna

wait...what?

More humour....What's the difference between like, love and showing off?

Like = Spitting

Love = Swallowing

Showing off = Gargling

please God, someone laugh at my crass joke

BBWTexan likes this.
  17. Feb 8, 2007 #57

Sandie_Zitkus

Sandie_Zitkus

Sandie_Zitkus

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

18. Feb 8, 2007 #58

herin

herin

herin

wait...what?

I agree with alot of what the ladies posted here, but here are a few of my own. (maybe they were others' too, i dunno)

1. I cry when I'm sad. I cry when I'm angry. Hell, sometimes I even cry when I'm happy. I guess I'm just leaky.

2. Once a month, for a few days I will act like a psycho meanie. It's called PMS. Never ever ask me if it that time of the month.

3. I love how protective you are of me.

4. If you want me come and get me. If you say you are going to call me, then call me. Please don't lead me on.

5. It's the little things that matter.

6. If what I cooked tastes like crap, tell me. If I think you like it, I will cook it again and in greater quantities. :doh:

19. Feb 8, 2007 #59

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

oh I want to add another...

Don't do something stupid that you know is going to piss me off, then when I get angry say "you must be on your period"
    Don't blow me off and act like my anger is unreasonable - especially when I have made it clear what's bothering me.

Santaclear likes this.
  20. Feb 8, 2007 #60

babyjeep21

babyjeep21

babyjeep21

Kamikaze Peanut Butter

Don't worry about trying to understand me...

99% of the time, I don't even understand myself.

Just be there. Listen.

You know what is nice? When I get to hear your voice.

Yeah... it's fun to talk on the computer and send text messages. But, (once again) that only does so much for me. I need to hear your voice... it's masculinity, it's tenderness. I don't expect to talk to you or see you every day... But hearing your voice just gives me a special feeling. Don't you want to be able to make me feel like that with just a few minutes of your time?

liz (di-va) and RedVelvet like this.