For Women Only: What Do You Wish Men Knew?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by rainyday, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Feb 8, 2007 #61

rainyday

rainyday

rainyday

Departed

I have a friend who keeps a statue on her coffee table. When the statue faces one way, the seas are calm. The days of the month when it faces the other way, her hubby knows that means proceed at your peril. Eliminates him having to ask. I thought it was pretty funny when she explained it.

2. Feb 8, 2007 #62

Eclectic_Girl

Eclectic_Girl

Eclectic_Girl

Rock n Roll Babe

Because if he asks and it's not true, we get pissed at him for being a dick.

And if he asks and it is true, we get pissed at him for being right.

The only good time for a man to ask "Are you on your period?" is when he's offering to go get the heating pad.

3. Feb 8, 2007 #63

Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.

*I'm a big girl. I can handle it. I might get mad, but I might actually respect you more [perhaps the only salvaging thing] if you just grow some balls and be honest with me.

*If I cry, it's because I'm upset or frustrated. It's not a personal attack. You don't need to fix me. Simply allow my emotions to exist. Let me vent. I appreciate your opinion, and I will take it into consideration if it's thoughtful, but that's only part of what I need to get through a difficult time. It's not like tears are poisonous. :p

*When I have PMS, I'm not dreaming up new complaints out of nowhere. My emotions are simply more at the forefront, so there's less for them to get through before they come spewing out of my mouth. Don't say I don't really feel that way.

*Chocolates are great gifts [if you don't go bargain bin on me]. Flowers are beautiful [though know the ones I like, not just the ones that are common to give any woman]. But sometimes, I like gadgets just as much as you do. Take me to Best Buy and I'll adore you.

*If you spill something, wipe it up. This goes for kitchens, garages, and bathrooms, especially.

*We're not incompetent. Sometimes we know you need to feel useful, and that's why we ask you to do something we know perfectly well we could do ourselves.

*When we don't like a guy, we still try to be nice. We like having guy friends, too. Since we're all about relationships, don't assume we want to date you simply because we didn't blow you off immediately.

*There is really, REALLY no need to be jealous of our gay male friends when they grab our breasts. They're simply curious. It's nothing sexual.

*After a fight, I may need some time to process things and think about things. Should you be scared? Perhaps. But I have a right to examine my feelings and process new information, and you don't have a right to demand I give an answer immediately.

*Every once in a while, I have a dream where you screw up big time. It might be kissing my best friend or something equally as horrible. The next day, I will be upset. It's silly, but my emotions were affected even if my mind knows it's some story line from the TV show I watched too late the night before.

*Yes, we do need lipstick in 17 different shades of pink. It's a small way of making ourselves feel better. Don't seek to understand, just appreciate the results.

*Sometimes, we just need someone to go above and beyond for us. It's not testing you. It's not training you. It's just a need to be special enough to be worthy of a grand gesture... and then you need to let us know we're special enough to be worthy of a grand gesture by DOING the grand gesture. We're not mind readers either.

*Consider me a set of pearls. I don't want to be locked in a safe like a valuable jewel while you take the paste copy out in public. I'm most lustrous when worn. That's when my full beauty comes through. Need an interpretation of this metaphor? It means, let me live and be real, fully engaging in and participating in life with you. Don't stick me up on a pedestal, suddenly thinking less of me when I prove I'm human just like you. Accept me as an imperfect, but beautiful, creation.

Green Eyed Fairy likes this.
  4. Feb 8, 2007 #64

BitsyAintMyName

BitsyAintMyName

BitsyAintMyName

Everything isn't a race or competition. You don't have to prove anything to me and I hate that some things tend to get down to a pissing contest. Even the most considerate of men end up doing it without realizing it. Example, I became a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament organizer and judge so there could be official tournaments at my fav card store and when I told my friend Chris he immediately did the same thing. He just didn't want to be outdone by me. My brother is always competing to do incredibly dumb/mundane things like answer the phone or see who's at the door. He doesn't know that I don't care and that his "races" are only for his benefit. He's 9 and I'm 23 btw. I wish men were competing to ask me out. That's my idea of healthy and productive competition.

Also, if you like a woman you need to make yourself clear. A woman could get the wrong idea if you do alot of nice stuff for her or just act overly friendly and then not say you like her. Stop staring if you're not going to do anything. When people stare at me its for 1 of 2 reasons: 1. I'm fat(and I don't care) or 2. I'm talking to myself(I have ADD and its how I remember stuff). So unless you state your intent I'm going to assume you think I'm a fat crazy chick. *lol*

5. Feb 8, 2007 #65

curvalicious

curvalicious

curvalicious

Rawr!

Love me for more than my belly.

Don't judge me.

Get to know the real me and now what's just on the outside.

And I do enjoy a good stubble kiss every once in a while;)

6. Feb 8, 2007 #66

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

My ex-husband would ask me if I was- but because he saw the physical signs. He never used it as a way to insult me or my gender so I was never once bothered by his question.

7. Feb 8, 2007 #67

Friday

Friday

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!

Don't assume that it's menopause or PMS and fercriessake don't make comments to other women about so and so's 'hormonal' problems. This applies whether you're making comments about her behavior or her reaction to yours. Some men are jerks and so are some women and every time you write us and our feelings/actions off as hormones it's an insult.

8. Feb 8, 2007 #68

Renaissance Woman

Renaissance Woman

Renaissance Woman

Please do.

Ask specific questions in bed. "Is that okay," "How's that," and the like aren't going to give you the specific information you need, as most women are likely to respond with generic "yes" and "fine" answers. Instead, ask specifics:

"Faster or slower?"
    "Harder or softer?"
    "Should I move up? Down? Right? Left?"
    "Up/down, back/forth, or in circles?"

Every woman's got her own sweet spot that's gonna get her where she wants to go, but not everyone is forward enough to tell you if you're a half inch too low and not going fast enough. Take the initiative and ask for detailed directions.

stan_der_man likes this.
  9. Feb 8, 2007 #69

LoveBHMS

LoveBHMS

LoveBHMS

default title

When you talk about your ex wife or girlfriend, we have our own ways of interpreting what you're saying. In general, we don't mind if her name comes up if it's relevant to the conversation [Have you ever gone to London? Yes, Mary and I went there last spring.] or if you're discussing you relationship in a rationale manner [One reason we split up was that she was so close with her mom and sister, she would often choose to spend time with them instead of with me. I think you should make your partner a priority.]

What we can't stand are transparent attempts to tell us how to behave if we want the privilege of keeping you. These are typically negative remarks about the ex that we are virtually certain she would see differently.

"My ex was really materialistic" [Translation, she wanted to go someplace nicer than Denny's.]

"My ex would always pitch a fit if I forgot her birthday, she acted like it was the end of the world or something." [Translation, I coudn't be bothered to note her birthday on my calendar or in my Blackberry and it upset her. I should not be expected to extend simple courtesies just to make you happy.]

"My ex was really demanding." [Translation, don't ever ask me for a favor. If you ask me to do something that isn't that big of a deal and i don't feel like doing it and you get angry, I'll accuse you of being demanding.]

"My ex would always freak if I didn't call her the exact second I said I would." [Translation, I never call when I say I will and you better not complain about it.]

"My ex could be really cold." [Translation, unless you allow me to walk all over you without the slightest resistance, I'm going to be a jerk to you.]

"She got hysterical over the smallest things" [Translation, I forgot to pick her up at the airport and left her stranded/left our checking account overdrawn without telling her/skipped her mother's funeral to play poker/cheated on her/lied to her/ and she had the temerity to express her displeasure. I am far too much of a wimp to apologize or try to make it right when I've hurt somebody. You're so lucky to have me that you'd better think twice before putting me in a position of feeling guilty about something, because if I feel that way, I'll disappear on you.]

"If I was like five minutes late she'd go ballistic" [Translation, I was always at least half an hour late. I'm probably passive aggressive and am chronically late because it's how I express my passive aggresssion.]

10. Feb 8, 2007 #70

Aliena

Aliena

Aliena

1)My wanting to be alone, is NOT a statement of how I feel about you. I would just like to be alone.

2)Learn to read my mind, because speaking vocally is sometimes annoying, as well as being overrated.

3)Sometimes I just want to fuck.

4)If I ask you how old do I look, always answer with this equation: age - ten years. It will get you laid every time.

5)Always, ALWAYS tell the truth, except when doing any of the math equations regarding weight and age. (those are love truths anyways)

Green Eyed Fairy likes this.
  11. Feb 8, 2007 #71

Aliena

Aliena

Aliena

My mom used to wear a baseball cap. She said she told my dad that if the cap was on frontwards, all is well. If it was on backwards, you didn't want to fuck with her.

Hey, they've been married for almost 50 years. :D

12. Feb 8, 2007 #72

bigsexy920

bigsexy920

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.

My comment I'm about to make will include me as well BUT,

Why are so many women posting on this thread whereas hardly any men posted on the women only thread of the same topic ?

Women.. we are real butinski's

13. Feb 8, 2007 #73

bigsexy920

bigsexy920

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.

Well for me.

I don't really care about your stuff and how much you have and how much you make. I care about are you happy with what you are doing.

I don't care how much you make, I care that you get up and go to work and be productive.

I don't care how much you love how my body looks I care how much you love who I am

I'm not big into crying and carrying on, so if I do, it usually means there is something really wrong and I'm not just doing it to upset your world.

We can't make you feel gulity about something you should have no gulit for. I have found over the years if you are feeling guilty about something, you ususally are. Even for me, If I feel some gulit, than I HAVE done something to feel that way.

I'm strong but sometimes I need you to be stronger.

I'm sure there is more. I have to agree with most of what has been posted in this thread.

Sweet Tooth likes this.
  14. Feb 8, 2007 #74

bigsexy920

bigsexy920

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.

I'm busting chops girls. Sorry, Its a Jersey thing. ;)

YES I did notice a lot of similarities.

15. Feb 8, 2007 #75

JoyJoy

JoyJoy

JoyJoy

YES! YES! YES! I couldn't say it better, so I won't try, but these completely apply for me, as well.

I don't want to be your woman at home, keeping house, whom you only let into your world when you're hungry or want sex. If we're a couple, that means we're sharing a life together..all of life. This means more than just sharing space, it means enjoying common interests, having conversations about things besides the mundane that fire up more than a few brain cells and require both of us to expose who we are to the other. I don't expect you to bare yourself to me completely (everyone needs to keep a part of themselves just for themselves), but knowing that there is a special part of you that is mine alone, to me, is mandatory in a healthy relationship.

If you can read this thread with an open mind and not get defensive....that's a huge plus for you. Constructive advice/criticism can be an excellent and useful tool...and that goes for both genders. (Thanks rainy, my dear...you rock!)

16. Feb 8, 2007 #76

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

This is beautiful- thanks :)

17. Feb 8, 2007 #77

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

(This will mostly apply to men who are strangers on the net that approach me)

Yep, I have another..... if you think it's okay to ask me for my measurements, weight, picture, etc up front without getting to know me first- all so you won't "waste your time talking to me" or make me "prove my attractiveness/worthiness" beforehand then it should be okay for me to ask you the balance of your checking account and net worth before you bother me with your personal questions. ;)

18. Feb 8, 2007 #78

RedVelvet

RedVelvet

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate

No one can ask me my measurements without providing both a bank statement and picture of their cock first....

I have my values....

Sweet Tooth likes this.
  19. Feb 8, 2007 #79

calauria

calauria

calauria

La Negra Hermosa

1. Look, I'm a sickly person, just because I've started dating you doesn't mean I'm gonna miraculously heal!!!! Get over yourself!!:rolleyes:

2. If you just want to have sex, then just say so, but if that is not what I want, then you'll just have to accept that. Don't go pretending you care about me, just to get some bootie!! You are a sorry LOSER if you have to LIE to get someone to have sex with you!!

3. If you disappear on me, FINE!!! Take your coward ass on!! I can get over you, but don't contact me in the future, because you WILL get your feelings hurt!!

4. If you cheat on me, I will forgive you, but I WON'T take you back.

5. If I seem too strong and to the point to you, then move on, you are not the man for me!!

6. Don't take advantage of my love, because I'll NEVER EVER do that to you!!

7. If you ever feel that I've done something wrong, come talk to me. I will listen, we can work it out.

8. I'm a GOOFBALL. Silly and crazy!! You'd have to like that about me!!

bigsexy920 likes this.
  20. Feb 8, 2007 #80

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

Cock pics, FTW