For Women Only: What Do You Wish Men Knew?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ripley

In Remembrance
*Consider me a set of pearls. I don't want to be locked in a safe like a valuable jewel while you take the paste copy out in public. I'm most lustrous when worn. That's when my full beauty comes through. Need an interpretation of this metaphor? It means, let me live and be real, fully engaging in and participating in life with you. Don't stick me up on a pedestal, suddenly thinking less of me when I prove I'm human just like you. Accept me as an imperfect, but beautiful, creation.
This reminds me of a quote from a book I really like, The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton: "His father was the kind of man who delights in a charming woman: who quotes her, stimulates her, and keeps her perennially charming."

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
jerking someone around who's been nothing but honest and open with you, waiting for them to let their guard down and trust you before you turn tail and run away with no explanation whatsoever, is fucking evil and cruel and makes you an indisputably shitty person.
and you wonder why some women have such low opinions of men.

LoveBHMS

default title
The single best and most reliable indicator that you are a complete dickhead is if you sigh and say, "You know, women just don't like nice guys."

You know who never uses that phrase?

Men that are actually nice.

Every man I have ever encountered who has said that was light years away from being nice.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Some of you guys are well versed at old-fashioned touches. Opening a door, holding a chair, helping us to put on our coat, your hand in the small of our back to guide us through a crowd. And you're as nice and respectful to the friends of the woman you're dating, and you are to her. Bravo to you - your value is rarely lauded, and that's a shame.

There are so many little unspoken things like that, and doing them really shows us that you care, and that you're a gentleman.

Thank you.

LoveBHMS

default title
jerking someone around who's been nothing but honest and open with you, waiting for them to let their guard down and trust you before you turn tail and run away with no explanation whatsoever, is fucking evil and cruel and makes you an indisputably shitty person.
and you wonder why some women have such low opinions of men.
The explanation is about 99.9% of the time that they are a spineless, classless piece of trash who, if asked with a gun to his head why he behaved that way would say, "Because I couldn't stand the thought of seeing her get all emotional. I just can't deal with big crying scenes. It was just easier for me to just run away. And all i care about is what's easiest for me. Which is why i'm such a prick."

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
what sucks is that i really consider myself an intelligent, perceptive person. i don't understand how i repeatedly fail to see these things coming.
i feel so fucking worthless.

JoyJoy

what sucks is that i really consider myself an intelligent, perceptive person. i don't understand how i repeatedly fail to see these things coming.
Don't feel that way...really. It has happened to everyone, most more than once. Some of the most beautiful, intelligent women I know repeatedly have such things happen to them. I can't explain it, just know you're not alone.

LoveBHMS

default title
Double EFF that.

It's the guy that is worthless. THE GUY. Not you.

Also, seriously not being patronizing or sycophantic here, lots of guys do in fact get intimidated and cut and run. They figure they'll take off to eliminate the risk of getting kicked to the curb. A man who thinks he's not good enough for you is always right. Beauty, style, smarts, and confidence can work against you if the man is a dickless wonder. Some of them are secretly thinking "maybe she'll realize she can do better....damn, i better take off now so I don't get hurt. Cause my little boy ego could never handle it."

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
thanks guys.
i really don't want to seem like i'm fishing for sympathy, here. i'm just messed up in the head right now. i'm not thinking clearly. all i can focus on is this shitty sadness and disappointment and how idiotic i feel.
usually i can just remind myself that, you know. there are people in the world who have cancer, AIDS orphans, fucking refugees wandering the earth starving and homeless, and it'll put my stupid little life and my problems in perspective. but right now i'm just consumed by this.

Donna

wait...what?
Some of you guys are well versed at old-fashioned touches. Opening a door, holding a chair, helping us to put on our coat, your hand in the small of our back to guide us through a crowd. And you're as nice and respectful to the friends of the woman you're dating, and you are to her. Bravo to you - your value is rarely lauded, and that's a shame.

There are so many little unspoken things like that, and doing them really shows us that you care, and that you're a gentleman.

Thank you.

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
We really, really will like you for who you are. That's who we want to know.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
Just as you getting out your fishing tackle, using sno-seal on your boots, or getting out you auto repair manual should be a clue to us, there are things that should be clues to you.

"We're not mind readers" is a cop-out. Neither are we, but handwriting...wall...get the connection?

Donna

wait...what?
I nearly forgot this one....

You know that look I give you when you step out of the shower in the morning, naked and wet, smelling of yourself, soap and shampoo? It's NOT disgust or me checking for shrinkage. It IS pure lust.
:wubu:

Donna

wait...what?
Oh and a p.s. to my above post....

Quickies have a time and a place and after the aforementioned shower and before we get dressed for work is that time and that place.

That is all!
:blush:

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
Oh and a p.s. to my above post....

Quickies have a time and a place and after the aforementioned shower and before we get dressed for work is that time and that place.

That is all!
:blush:

Wet man, wet hair....swoon!!!!!!

BitsyAintMyName

Don't assume we're gonna say no to kinky sex stuff. Just ask. You just might be surprised. :D

kerrypop

Supafly
I nearly forgot this one....

You know that look I give you when you step out of the shower in the morning, naked and wet, smelling of yourself, soap and shampoo? It's NOT disgust or me checking for shrinkage. It IS pure lust.
:wubu:
Oooh! It's true, it's true. That is one of my favorite parts of the day, and I'm always happy when I'm around to see it.:smitten:

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
The single best and most reliable indicator that you are a complete dickhead is if you sigh and say, "You know, women just don't like nice guys."

You know who never uses that phrase?

Men that are actually nice.

Every man I have ever encountered who has said that was light years away from being nice.
seriously. i love nice guys. just not the ones who suck.

Latest posts