• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Friends St(h)ick Together Chapters 1-3 - by SBL (~BBW, Friendship, History)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuffedbellylover

~BBW, Friendship, History - A lesson on the Holocaust earns six girlfriends high grades.

[Author's Note: English is not my first language so please excuse possible grammar mistakes]

Friends St(h)ick Together

By SBL aka Stuffedbellylover aka Chris

Chapter 1- The Project

It was Saturday and the summer sun was shining warmly from the sky while fresh air was coming from the flowers of the suburban meadows. Birds chirped, bees buzzed and also the grasshoppers added their beautiful sounds.

Hannah was sitting on the sun warmed stairs and listened to this “music” when she heard the ribbet of a frog coming from the direction of the pond in the garden. Hannah took a deep breath of summer air while she closed her baby blue eyes and patted her blonde, shoulder-length hair.

It was a nice that her grandma offered to help her with the college project she was doing with her friends. She wondered when her girls would arrive.

But right in that moment Krissy´s red Volkswagen Golf arrived.

“Well, Krissy wasnt the master of hitting the brakes the soundless way,” Hannah thought because the Golf´s tyres creaked and some rubber was left on the gateway. But that was Krissy´s style of driving since she got her driver's license about a year ago. Hannah herself was about 6 months behind, but at least she got her license directly on her 18th birthday.

Hannah stood up and moved her 120 pounds at 5´4 to her fellow girls. First it was about hugging Krissy who had to be careful not to hurt her as the brown-haired and green-eyed Krissy was 220 at about 5´8. Most of that weight was a leftover of lover´s grief Krissy had when she was 17. After her then-boyfriend had left her she compensated for it with eating, mostly chocolate bars, and so she gained 65 pounds in less than half a year.

After that Krissy hugged Inga, the black-haired, dark-eyed beauty whose weight was about 130 pounds at 5´5.

The next girl had black hair, Nina was brown eyed, 5´6 tall and 143 pounds.

The next one to hug was blonde Meg who was 5´7, 150 pounds with green eyes.

Last, but not least, was Alessandra who was an elegant 5´ ft. 7 tall 140-pound beauty with black hair and brown eyes due to her Italian roots.

“Let´s go in girls. Grandma is waiting with cake and coffee,” Hannah said and brought her friends directly to the living room.

+++

The sky rumbled and lightening lit up the dark March night while the barracks revealed a smell of illnesses, misery and death.

“There´s no hope left to come over it!” an old woman said.

“Grandma, please don´t tell things like this,” a young dark-haired teenage girl said to her in a quiet way. “You are scaring the children!”

“Oh, Sara,” the old woman said to the teen, “believe me, there´s no hope anymore. We are lost!"

“Is it wrong to hope for a miracle, Grandma?”

“No, it ain´t my dear, it ain´t. But I´ve been through too much misery in life to believe in one. Believe me Sara… soon we´ll be in a better place… we all!”

“Mom!” a young middle-aged woman yelled at the old one. She looked similar to the young teen, so it was obvious that they were mother and daughter.

“Helen, don´t yell at me! I´m still your mother!”

“Mom, I don´t want you to scare Sara!”

“Don´t bother about it, Mom!” Sara said. “I´m not scared. Heaven will keep an eye on us!”

“Right Sara!” Helen said and gave her daughter a hug.

+++

"How many today?“

"378, sir. Hopefully we´ll get replacements soon. This ratpack doesn´t work so much anymore!“

“I was told that new workers will arrive tomorrow, Schneider.”

“Okay, sir. I´ll show these scumbags how to work.”

“I know. Break the ranks!”

“Yes, sir. For Fuehrer and country!”

The black uniformed man left the HQ together with another soldier who had been quiet all the time during the briefing.

“Hey, you want to join us in the tavern?” the black uniformed man asked his companion.

“No, Franz. I´ve some other work to do this evening. Maybe tomorrow!”

“Are you okay? You seem to be without all the power and the fire within your heart in the recent weeks. You don´t have any doubts about the Fuehrer and the Endsieg, or do you?”

“No way! What do you think Franz?” I´m just a bit struck because of my brother, ya know?”

“Still no news at all?”

“Unfortunately not. That´s what bothers me at most. A lot of his company members have been killed in action but he is missing without any trace…”

“If it was a grenade or something like that… you won´t find anything of him anymore… Sorry... I didn´t…”

“It´s okay… I know that. That´s what gives our mom at home such heartache… She can´t even say good-bye until he is found… he´s been missing for 12 weeks now.”

“Those fucking Ivans… but these Stalinists will pay for it… Believe me… The Fuehrer will take revenge for it. And then we´ll finish off the Tommys, Sammys and the frog-eaters at the Western front… Right?” Franz told his companion and smiled at him.

“Oh.. yes. Of course,” the other guy murmured.

“But now I have to leave… the others are waiting for… Until tomorrow!”

“See you tomorrow, Franz.”

+++

Sara was shedding bitter tears. The only light in the barrack was given by some old light bulbs which were as dusty as the whole barrack itself. And from time to time you could see a ray of the morning sun when there were small gaps between the thick timbers the barrack consisted of.

Helen tried to help her daughter even if she was close to a breakdown herself.

Both were kneeling down in front of a dirty plan bad on which the now lifeless and cold body of Helen´s mother resp. Sara´s grandmother was put on the bier.

All the stress of working had taken its toll on another victim.

“At least she slept in peacefully and didn´t suffocate on of gas… as many of us will have to do…” another woman tried to give words of support to Helen and Sara.

But that wasn't very supportive for Helen and Sara. Again a family member was gone… Because of all the other family members of them that had probably already been killed they didn´t even keep an overlook about them all. Too many had been deported without a trace…

But at least they knew that some members of the family would survive, as Helen´s husband (Sara´s father) and Sara´s older sister had been able to go to Scandinavia in time… Because they didn't have enough money those days, the family decided with aching hearts that Sara, her mother and her grandmother should stay in Germany until Sara´s father could make enough money to pay for the journey to Scandinavia. But before all the money could be collected, the three women were deported…

Suddenly Sara was ripped out of her thoughts as the door was opened in a noisy and brutal way and three SS-men came into the barrack. They looked at Sara´s dead grandmother.

“Oh look at that… Another Jewish rat that has gone without causing dirty fingers on our side… If you all would just be so nice as to perish after the work is done…!” one of the man laughed in a dirty and evil way. “Come on and bring a bier,” he said to his SS-fellows “and give a report so that the ovens are made ready, because there's work to do here!”

The other two SS-guys did what they were told, and Sara´s grandmother was transported out of the barrack.

“You´ll go the same way soon, rats!” one of the men said when they closed the door behind them.

About 10 minutes after the men had left one, of the women in the barrack started crying loudly.

“Esther… what´s going on?” another woman asked her.

“The child…” she answered.

“I know this is pretty difficult, Esther… but you have to be quiet. It isn't easy to hide that you are pregnant and you know what will happen to the child if they will ever find out… Please stay brave… Come one… someone please bring a piece of wood so she can bite on it to ease the pain…”

Someone brought a piece of wood and as difficult as all the circumstances were, the birth was relatively unproblematic and Esther gave birth to a healthy boy.

“Congratulations Esther… What a strong boy…”

“But how can we hide him and keep him quiet during patrols so that they won´t find him?” one of the women asked, without any having an idea.

+++

A few days later the women came back from working. Gain some of the women had collapsed during work as they were more dead than alive and as a result those women were taken away. No one said a word about it, but everyone knew where those poor women had finally been transported to.

“Samuel has disappeared!” Esther cried and tears ran down her cheeks. "They did find him and now they´ll use him for experiments!"

No one was able to give Esther any support… in fact most of the women and girls also began to cry and shed tears. So did Sara and her mother.

+++

"Commander… Sir… I have just got a call. We´ll receive 2000 new workers tomorrow."

“2000? We don´t have space for them…”

“Sir, can I offer a suggestion please?”

“Ok, Schneider.”

“Well just let us deport some of these rats to a termination camp.”

“That´s a good idea! Schneider, you will organize the deportation. All women and girls from barracks 5, 6 and 9 have to go.”

“Okay, sir!”

“Baumgartner! You´ll assist Schneider during this task!” the commander told the man next to Schneider.

“Sir, I want to organize everything on my own… I´ve connections to do so!”

“Okay, Schneider. But I´ll hold you responsible for any problems that may appear! And now please leave… All of you! Sieg Heil!”

“Sieg Heil sir!” the other men said and left the HQ right after that.

“You have said 'Sieg Heil' with a more powerful voice once, Alex… Still bothered about your brother?”

“Maybe, Franz, maybe… Well, still no news from the Eastern front. Thank you for doing the task on your own, as I have some other things I can do!”

“Oh… you´ll take a girl out to go dancing or so… right?” Franz giggled.

“Ahem… maybe.”

“Ha. Have some fun, Alex, and good luck with the lady! I guess it will help you to get your head straight again.”

“Yes, I think so, too!”

“See you tomorrow, buddy!”

“Of course. But don´t expect me to tell you every detail, Franz!”

“I don´t. Servus!”

“Bye!”

+++

The sun had just risen on the horizon to show the beginning of another day.

A silence was in the air… a treacherous one… suddenly interrupted by some hesitant steps on the HQ´s wooden stairs. A hard breathing soldier rushed into the HQ without even knocking on the door. As he did so he tried to get some air to breathe properly.

“Heil Hitler, sir… we have a problem… I don´t know how to say it…!"

“Just do so,” the commander said in an angry mood.

“Okay, sir. We have casualties in the barracks 5,6 and 9… they are all gone.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“No, sir. The Jews there are all dead without any exceptions.”

“How?”

“No one has a clue.”

“Everyone in the mentioned barracks is dead?”

“Yes, everyone; 2356 to be correct.”

“All of the officers should come to me! IMMEDIATELY!”

“Okay, sir!”

The soldier left as quickly as he rushed in.

+++

A short time later the officers had gathered round.

“Gentlemen,” the commander addressed them, “we have a problem, 2356 bodies to be accurate. It would take weeks to bury or burn them all… any ideas how to solve our problem?”

“Today there is a deportation scheduled, so we just can send the corpses instead of the living Jews.”

“That would be a good idea, Kraus, if there hadn´t been multiple Allied bombings last night that left the railroad severely destroyed. We won´t even get the replacement Jews today.”

“What about phoning Berlin to ask for advice. sir?”

“The network was also damaged…”

“Sir, it could be an illness. Maybe it is infectious.”

“Baumgartner, that´s what I thought, too. Therefore I want to get rid of the dead Jews before we are all infected.”

"But until now only Jews got ill and no Aryans. Maybe it is a Jewish illness."

“Schuster… maybe, but I don´t want to risk anything if not.”

“Sir, I have a suggestion.”

“Baumgartner, I´m listening.”

“Well there´s an old mine not far away from here and it is not used anymore. We could bring the bodies there, then block the mine with wood, rocks and so on. With the help of 3-4 trucks we could do it within a day.”

The commander rose from his desk.

“Has anyone a better idea?“

All officers shook their heads.

"Okay. Then we will handle it the way Baumgartner suggested. Baumgartner, you will be responsible for the operation. What do you need for it?”

“About 20 soldiers and 200 imprisoned Jews. The prisoners should carry the bodies inside the mine so we minimize the risks for our guys. Oh, and the soldier should cover their noses and mouths.”

“Okay, we´ll have the entire needed equipment ready in about two hours. I´ll give you information as soon as you can start, Baumgartner. And now, gentlemen, I ask you to leave. Heil to our Fuehrer!”

“Heil to our Fuehrer!” the officers replied and left the HQ.

+++

The whole idea was done the way Officer Baumgartner said. It only took a day to finish the operation without any problems.

+++

Sara opened her eyes. She was lying on a dirty and dusty ground in a more dark than bright place and her sight was a bit interfered by a kind of mist on her eyes. She closed and opened her eyes a few times and her sight became normal. She saw a light in that came from a torch and recognized one of the officers from the Concentration Camp.

She wanted to cry but the man pressed his hand onto her mouth and she couldn´t say anything.

“Don´t cry,” he told her. “You´re safe. Take a look around.”

And Sara did so. There next to a stonewall was Sara´s mother smiling at her, smiling for the first time within months. Sara lifted her upper body up to sit and went on to check the environment.

She quickly noticed that they must have been brought to some kind of cave and she was surrounded by people that had shared the barrack with her only hours ago.

And there stood Esther… and a child!

“Where are we?” she asked the officer in an amazed way.

“You are safe…” he answered. “We´ll bring you out of here and some guys will carry you towards the West. Americans will be waiting there!”

“But we will be reported as escaped Jews and then they will find us and shoot us!” Sara said with fear in her voice.

“No, you are officially dead, killed by a mysterious illness!” the officer quieted her down.

A man came up next to the officer.

“Good job done, Kurt. You are a genius regarding poison and narcotics,” the officer laughed with his buddy.

“Without you and your plan to convince the commander as well as your knowledge about secret mine entrances, we wouldn't have been able to do anything, Alex!”

“I know,” the officer said. Then he turned to Sara. “Your left arm is hurting a bit, isn´t it?”

“No,” Sara answered and then she took a look at her left arm. Where her tattooed registration number had been yesterday there was a bleached spot now.

“Acid does a good job!” The officer smiled at Sara and she smiled back.

Suddenly there came a loud voice from somewhere deep in the mine.

“The trucks are ready!” a man´s voice said.

“Okay, you have to leave now. Just follow these men! Good luck and take care!” the officer said to the people.

“Why did you do this for us? Why did you take such a big risk?” a middle-aged man asked the officer.

“I just have my reasons,” the officer answered. “And now leave!”

+++

"And that´s how we got rescued!“ Hannah´s grandmother finished her report.

“Unbelievable!” Krissy said.

"Mom and I got some help by the Allies to go to Sweden where we met my father and my sister again. After the war we came back to Germany and settled down here in Munich where I finally met a young man who became my husband, now deceased.”

“Do you still have any contact with the other survivors from the barracks?” Inga asked.

“Yes. We have met here and there after the war ended, like a class reunion. We finally spread all over the world, but we became friends due to the things we went through. That´s why we stayed in contact. Most of the older survivors are of course dead by now but the younger ones like me are still in contact."

Nina had a question, too.

“What about Samuel? He was the baby, right? What happened to him?”

"Yes, the baby that the man gave to Esther was indeed Samuel. And thank heaven, Esther´s husband was among the rescued. They immigrated to the USA and Samuel studied there to become a lawyer working successfully for a big company. But he has made enough money now and is retired.”

“What about the officer?” Meg asked out of curiosity.

“No one of use has ever heard anything about him again. Maybe he was killed in action or sentenced to death, I don´t know. I wish I could know what happened to him and ask him why he saved us. He was involved when about 2400 people were rescued. Six million people had to die in camps but it is better to help a bit than to help in no way.

“Grandma, I hope all those things you told us haven´t brought up anything bad."

“Don´t be scared, Hannah. You know you have the right to know about your family history. And as I can help you and your friends with the history course project for your school´s expo, I love to tell you the story. If I can convince even one person to break the ties with any of these right wing guys, it was worth all the effort we put into it.

“Oh girls… It´s already 5 PM. I have made a cake for you ladies. Just wait a minute,” Hannah´s grandmother said.

+++

"Oh man," Nina moaned when the girls went over to Krissy´s car. "Your grandma is good at cake making. I ate three pieces of it!”

“So did I,” Inga said. "If that was my grandma, I´d weigh 450 pounds !” she giggled.

“And I´d be close to a ton on the scale!” Krissy added smiling.

"I guess it's all a question of quantity and sittings," Meg interjected.

"Right!“ Hannah confirmed Meg´s suggestions. "I´m not here that often. And I love running. There´s no fat that I gain at all. So I think I can pig out a bit here and there.”

"Wisely spoken, Hannah!“ Inga nodded.

In the meantime, the six ladies had reached Krissy´s car.

"Hannah, will you join us on the ride home? I could bring you home. Or do you want to stay at your grandma´s place? Alessandra wanted to go to her boyfriend´s space and he´s just living about 5 minutes from here so she decided to walk. I have a seat left in my car.”

“Well, Grandma is pretty tired now and wants to take a rest so I´ll come with you Krissy. Otherwise I´d have to wait for the bus and that would take an awfully long time. Thank you, Krissy!”

“No matter. That´s what friends are for!”

And so the five young ladies got into Krissy´s VW to leave while Alessandra waved good-bye to them on the way to her boyfriend's.

With the help by Hannah´s grandmother, the girls' history project was a large success and all the girls got A+ marks.

One year later, the six friends graduated and then… Oh that´s another story.

Latest posts

Back