• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Full Album You Must Hear Start to Finish

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landshark

In this era of iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, and whatever else is out there, shuffling music is king. I wonder how much longer recording artists will actually produce full length albums.

So it got me to wondering: do you ever still listen to a complete album by any performer? If so, what is one that you cannot Only listen to part of? What is the one album you have to hear from start to finish?

For me it’s easy: Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys. This one was released in 1966. Brian Wilson recorded the tracks with studio musicians while the band toured. When they returned they recorded the vocals over the tracks. The album wasn’t popular with the band’s front man Mike Love, and initially sales were slow. The album has since become recognized as one of the greatest musical pieces in rock history, usually in the top 5 of most “greatest rock albums” list.

This is also one of the first concept albums in rock. Beach Boys music is associated with carefree summer days at the beach, chasing girls and drag racing street rods. But Pet Sounds casts that all aside with the opening line “wouldn’t it be nice if we were OLDER.” In context the song is about a boy and a girl who are too young to get married. What follows is an introspective coming-of-age masterpiece.

I can’t skip a song or turn it off. From that opening line until Caroline No fades into the sound of dogs barking at a passing train, I have to hear every note.

If you have the time I suggest you do the same!

Latest posts

Back