Fun with Nails!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
I like to try different things with my nails...especially so in the summer. What do you like to do to your nails? Do you create designs with paint or rhinestones?

This week my nails are "Geranium"...it's a red-like color by Essie, but I don't have any designs on them. I am getting a fill in and pedi tomorrow after work, so I'll snap a pic.

Bonus points if you post pics!

Tracyarts

I don't paint designs, but I use bright colors and glittery polishes in summer for fun. Especially on my toenails to show with sandals.

Tracy

troubadours

i've never been one for fake nails or really excessive decorative stuff on them, but recommendations would be appreciated if anyone knows of any good bright colored (like somewhat neon pink/aquamarine/yellow) nailpolishes that are long lasting!

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
i have oily nail beds and cant do the fake nail thing (I've tried many times and they just peel off after a couple of weeks) I usually paint my nails with light pinks and sheer iridescent colors. My toes are always painted. I like bright, vibrant colors. Right now i have a dark blood red color i bought at Hot Topic.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
all my polishes are OPI since that's all the beauty supply by my house sells. if i had a choice i'd buy essie. that stuff NEVER PEELS.
anyways:

toes (at the moment):

flashbulb fuchsia

fingers (at the moment):

lincoln park after dark

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
I stopped putting color on my fingernails, years ago...I prefer the natural look when I look at my hands....however...toes?....they get pretty colors..I love looking down and seeing beautiful hues against my pale skin. Right now, the toes are sporting a bright, berry color.

kr7

I stopped putting color on my fingernails, years ago...I prefer the natural look when I look at my hands....however...toes?....they get pretty colors..I love looking down and seeing beautiful hues against my pale skin. Right now, the toes are sporting a bright, berry color.
Me too! Exactly. :)

Chris

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
My hands :( I'm having really problems with them at the moment, they're peeling, splitting, getting hangnails, all sorts. They look a mess so I've clipped them all off really short so they look as neat as possible. I'm hoping they'll grow back to the nice, well behaved nails that they used to be.

My feet :) I hate seeing my feet naked so my toe nails are ALWAYS painted, usually pink or red. If it gets chipped and I dont have time to remove it completely I just paint on another, darker shade. If I'm wearing a deep plum colour its probably about six layers thick. Currently its the palest shade out of these four but all Leighton Denny polish rocks!

Tracey xx

View attachment pinks.jpg

troubadours

all my polishes are OPI since that's all the beauty supply by my house sells. if i had a choice i'd buy essie. that stuff NEVER PEELS.
anyways:

toes (at the moment):

flashbulb fuchsia

fingers (at the moment):

lincoln park after dark

i am digging the fuchsia for sure!

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I love wearing all sorts of neat & unusual colors. Like blue, green, purple, brown red, yellow & even black. Sometimes I'l put another color or a sparkly polish over the top of it to make a new shade or look. Some folks like it others think it's weird lol. Here lately I've sometimes been forgetting to paint my nails. Right now they are candy apple red with sparkly stuff painted over top them...

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Lincoln Park After Dark = all fall and winter, alternating with white. I LOVE that color.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
Staff member
Global Moderator
This thread seems like the perfect place for me to ask - is it a regional thing or are most women opting for french manicures rather than colored polishes nowadays?

I look around the women at work, and maybe 10% of the women have color, the rest are natural or french.

I notice this with hands - it is the reverse for feet - most have colors and a small percentage go french.

kr7

This thread seems like the perfect place for me to ask - is it a regional thing or are most women opting for french manicures rather than colored polishes nowadays?

I look around the women at work, and maybe 10% of the women have color, the rest are natural or french.

I notice this with hands - it is the reverse for feet - most have colors and a small percentage go frence.
I can speak only for college aged girls these days, since those are the ones I have most contact with on daily bases. But yes, it seems that fingernails are more natural these days, and toes are quite the opposite. I'm in the mid-Atlantic region, but in all honesty I couldn't say if this is the trend in the entire region or just my county. I haven't been anywhere for ages! I have no life since I went back to school! LOL!

Chris

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
as a nurse, they make it almost impossible to wear anything anymore, when i do put something on, i like those peel and stick avon colors, believe it or not, they dont peel off and they chip lots less...so i basically cant wear any fingernail polish at work (cant be chipped at all, and has to be fresh, good grief!), and i cant have any fake nails (dangit) so my toes have to be my creative outlet, right now they are some OPI color that is hot hot pink...woooohooo

Donna

wait...what?
I've done color for years (I always asked for OPI when I used color as it seems to be the longest lasting,) but when I recently had my acrylics put back on after a three month break, my nail tech talked me into a set of pink and whites and I love the way they look. Loved it so much, in fact, I asked them to french manicure my toes as well. Next time, though, I think I will go back to my favorite toe polish....bright red.

mpls_girl26

I don't put any color on my finger nails. I have such short nails and my nail beds are also pretty short so I just don't do color. Clear coat is it or maybe a light light beigeish color.

My toes however.....are always red! I like OPI and wear Chick Flick Red and another one I think is called Big Apple Red or something like that.

I do NOT like the french pedicures that people do on their feet...yuck.

kr7

Yeh, you do have to be very careful with french pedicure. Some people make the white part too wide, and it makes you look like you have these looong talons. Eeeeewwwww!

Chris

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
SVS - Alot of younger women (20's) that I've seen do rock the french manicure and do a brighter shade on the feet. In the summer, I normally do brighter shades on my hands, like white or hot pink...and I'll get a fun deco art on my toes like dots or a flower. For fall/winter, I like deep, rich plums, browns/bronze or reds.

I guess I'm a weirdo because I hardly ever wear french on my hands or feet.

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
I've done color for years (I always asked for OPI when I used color as it seems to be the longest lasting,) but when I recently had my acrylics put back on after a three month break, my nail tech talked me into a set of pink and whites and I love the way they look. Loved it so much, in fact, I asked them to french manicure my toes as well. Next time, though, I think I will go back to my favorite toe polish....bright red.
Your pink and whites are cute -- do you have tips or an overlay? I just have a pink acrylic overlay...but I'm thinking of switching to gel.

Latest posts

Group builder