Fun with Nails!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
I don't put any color on my finger nails. I have such short nails and my nail beds are also pretty short so I just don't do color. Clear coat is it or maybe a light light beigeish color.

My toes however.....are always red! I like OPI and wear Chick Flick Red and another one I think is called Big Apple Red or something like that.

I do NOT like the french pedicures that people do on their feet...yuck.
Eww me neither, I think french pedicure just looks weird, like trying to make toenails look like fingernails!

Ivy

more cake, please!
DimensionsModel
right now, mine are yellow with black tips. they were black with white tips before. i'm not big on fake nails (too much money for me), but i love funky nails.

Shosh

Susannah
Hey Ash, I love getting my nails done. I just have a french polish on right now. As for nails I once saw a lady with a little hole drilled in to her nail. She had a small charm hanging from it.:)
Susannah

Donna

wait...what?
Your pink and whites are cute -- do you have tips or an overlay? I just have a pink acrylic overlay...but I'm thinking of switching to gel.
I guess they're tips? :confused: I am incredibly stupid when it comes to this stuff. They use a white acrylic powder and shape the tips, then fill in the bed part with a pink acrylic. They overlay that with a gel and I sit under the UV light for a few minutes.

The best part of the pink/white is that I don't have a long drying time. Once I have sat under the UV light for a few minutes, I am done. No more sitting for 20-30 minutes under the drying machine waiting for the polish to dry "hard" so I don't gouge or smudge it on the drive home.

As for nails I once saw a lady with a little hole drilled in to her nail. She had a small charm hanging from it
I used to do that....bloody little charm catches on EVERYTHING. I ruined more blouses, sweaters and nylons with that little charm.

Sandie S-R

This thread seems like the perfect place for me to ask - is it a regional thing or are most women opting for french manicures rather than colored polishes nowadays?

I look around the women at work, and maybe 10% of the women have color, the rest are natural or french.

I notice this with hands - it is the reverse for feet - most have colors and a small percentage go french.
Interesting Randi, I'm the same way. And from what I notice here in So Cal it is pretty much the same (so it is not regional). Most women have french, light colors or natural on the hands and bright colors on the feet...which is how I paint mine.

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
Okay so I just got a fill in and pedi...I'll take a pic and then post. :)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Okay so I know I'm a little...so sue me. These are my hands...
Those are lovely nails. When I'm ready to try fakies again, you'll have to give me some pointers on finding a good salon and what kind to get :) (i keep debating about trying it again.. )

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
Thanks Susannah and Megan!

Oh and Megan, just let me know when you are headed to get them done...and I'll give you any tips (no pun intended) that you need. :)

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Well, lately I've been using my old Creative Nail Design stuff. It takes ages to dry, but this has been on for five days, and look: minimal chipping. I cook, I open soda cans, I do God knows what and it stands up.

BigCutieSasha

Fatty McFat Fat
right now, mine are yellow with black tips. they were black with white tips before. i'm not big on fake nails (too much money for me), but i love funky nails.
I used to do the black with white tips. I called it the naughty French tip! :)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Thanks Susannah and Megan!

Oh and Megan, just let me know when you are headed to get them done...and I'll give you any tips (no pun intended) that you need. :)
I'm thinking of getting a set done next month, when swimming season is done. So you'll be getting a pm from me for tips and info when i get ready to do it. I'm thinking about asking a checker at my grocery store where she gets her nails done cuz they look really nice.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Well, lately I've been using my old Creative Nail Design stuff. It takes ages to dry, but this has been on for five days, and look: minimal chipping. I cook, I open soda cans, I do God knows what and it stands up.

you have, to my mind, the perfect nails. lovely, lovely. nice shape and here's the key: you have a very long nail bed, so even when short, your nails look long. I have a very short nailbed and my nails, even when longer, always look stubby. and i hate it.

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
My favorite color is Vixen It an Esse color i think .. im not sure .. but i like dark colors on my nails and toe nails sometimes i change it up to really light like Ballet Slipper . also an Esse color

i actually did a hot pink for Vegas .. I HATE it

TraciJo67

I've done color for years (I always asked for OPI when I used color as it seems to be the longest lasting,) but when I recently had my acrylics put back on after a three month break, my nail tech talked me into a set of pink and whites and I love the way they look. Loved it so much, in fact, I asked them to french manicure my toes as well. Next time, though, I think I will go back to my favorite toe polish....bright red.
I have the pink & white too, Donna ... and I love them. My only concern is that they are damn expensive to maintain. I'm paying $30 for a fill. I can't seem to find anyplace to do it for less, and I don't understand why acrylics are so much cheaper ($14 for a fill).

I do a french pedicure for the toes also. I really like the clean, fresh way it looks & it seems to last longer than a simple polish does.

Latest posts

Group builder