Fun with Nails!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

wait...what?
Went with a snowflake theme for my mani/pedi....this is as close to snow as I want to get.

Tracyarts

I had been wanting to try my hands at a metallic foil manicure, so here's what I came up with:

These are the products I used. L'Oreal polish, the color is "not a cloud in the sky", Ciate' silver foil sheets, Ciate' foil glue, and Poshe' topcoat.

I found some assorted Ciate' kits at Marshall's, and they had one of the Very Coulorfoil kits marked down to $5 because it was damaged. Somebody had torn the box open and swiped the base color polish (which was just a basic grey cream color). But the vial of foil glue, foil sheet packet, and instructions were all there, and that's all I needed. It was a quick and easy manicure and I really like the random flecks of silver foil. You can cover the entire nail or just do flecks like I did. You can use one color, or mix them up. It's a fun kit to play with and I'm going to have fun experimenting with it.

Tracy

fat9276

My personal trend right now is to put a confetti/glitter top coat on whatever nail color I am wearing. This week is hot pink :)

indy500tchr

I've always wanted to try gel polish. My nails have finally gotten strong enough to grow. I was so excited that they were able to shape them like when I used to have acrylic nails. They had my fave OPI color-Pompeii Purple in both gel and regular polish (which I got on my tootsies). I hope the gel lasts as long as they say it will.

BigCutieMargot

a great big fat person.
DimensionsModel
i've started experimenting with tips, shaped to be pretty pointy. i'm pretty pleased with how they've come out considering i've never worn them before!

Tracyarts

The Maybelline glitter color name is "Clearly Spotted"
The Sally Hansen color name is "Water Color"

I want to say I bought them both at CVS or Walgreens. Should be easy to find. I like the black and white glitter over any bright or pastel color, also gray. It looks really cool over gray.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
The Maybelline glitter color name is "Clearly Spotted"
The Sally Hansen color name is "Water Color"

I want to say I bought them both at CVS or Walgreens. Should be easy to find. I like the black and white glitter over any bright or pastel color, also gray. It looks really cool over gray.

Those look like mermaid nails :) Very pretty!!

Donna

wait...what?
I hope I don't get sick of this patriotic theme before my next appointment...

FionaForemost

i've started experimenting with tips, shaped to be pretty pointy. i'm pretty pleased with how they've come out considering i've never worn them before!
I love both the color and the shape of these! I grew out my natural nails and did an almond shape until one broke off (of course) and really loved the shape. I kinda sorta well yes REALLY want to try super long talons at some point.

FionaForemost

Finally did my super long talons!! Considering I haven't worked with tips in probably 2 or 3 years, I'm pleased with how they turned out. I used gel (gel base, not gel shellac) and regular polish. Polish needs another coat, I just need to decide if I'm going to get fancy with sparkles and/or glitter. Any suggestions?

View attachment talons 001.JPG
View attachment talons 006.JPG

They are about 3 cm from base to tip.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
DM Supporter
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
Finally did my super long talons!! Considering I haven't worked with tips in probably 2 or 3 years, I'm pleased with how they turned out. I used gel (gel base, not gel shellac) and regular polish. Polish needs another coat, I just need to decide if I'm going to get fancy with sparkles and/or glitter. Any suggestions?

View attachment 116320
View attachment 116321

They are about 3 cm from base to tip.
sweet! I always wondered how someone managed buttons like that.