Quantcast

Funk Appreciation.....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LJ Rock

I love funk music. Specially all that wonderful songs from 1978 to 1982!

Good call! Pretty much all of my most favorite records came out between 1976 and 1983. I dig a lot of music, like jazz from the 50s, Motown and classic rock from the 60s... but nothing beats that 70s and early 80s funk for me! :)

LJ Rock

So glad to see the Funk Thread coming back alive! Thank you, Green Eyed Fairy for giving it a funky BUMP! :cool: I'm just going to go ahead and post one of my most favorite funky anthems from back in the day..... You know I was rocking this in college when I was picking out my afro and getting ready to go out to the clubs!

Colonial Warrior

One of the memories I wish to share with you is from time period of 1978 to 1982 is the one from my group of friends then.

Most of them lived in the same area of my grandmother's house. They all were members of marching band so we had in common our love to music.

I was the only one who hadn't any skill at a music instrument. I remember one of them brought this two records. Oh, what a night!

LJ Rock

When I was a kid I had this cassette from K-Tel called "Electric Breakdance." It came with a poster that featured The New York City Breakers showing you step by step how to do their moves, and the first song on the tape was Jam On It. I think I was about ten years old when I got that tape for Christmas, and I was an electro-funk/hip-hop head from that day on! :cool:

LJ Rock

Brick - Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody
I had this album on vinyl AND 8-track! I remember the 8-track busted (as they are known to do) and I searched for years to find another copy (back in the days before Amazon and streaming.) Found a vinyl copy at this old flea market where I used to pick up a lot of records - I was over the moon!! :)

Latest posts