Quantcast

Funk Appreciation.....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Anyone just joining this thread who, like me, was not reading it all the way back from its start in 2008: do yourself a favor and go through the whole thing (at least to read it). It amazes me how many songs that are part of my musical DNA are classified as Funk that i’d never thought of categorizing that way—far too many to list.

Wish that there was some sort of database system for any of these music threads, to make it easy to see what was already posted. Searches don’t work in cases where the song title is embedded in the video but not typed out explicitly as text in the post—and once the post disappears from the hosting site, no one who comes along months or years later knows what was there.

Early around pages 1 & 2 there were several mentions of The Meters, but no linked audio. Therefore, Sissy Strut:

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
This is a Japanese pop music classic from 1980. It originally was known as Firecracker but this version is known as Computer Game. It was played in some radio stations as it is. I still love it particularly for the sound effects of arcade games of the late 70s! For me it's Japanese funk!

Oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE-THIS-SONG!!!!

Latest posts