Gainer's Sanctuary

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

imfree

In Remembrance
1) Know that your body is capable of safely handling weight. Obviously, no one can know for sure, if you've been severely bulimic in the past, for instance, and have latent heart damage, you would obviously endanger yourself by extreme gaining. Karen Carpenter died because she had been severely anorexic and the little weight she gained while recovering from anorexia caused her to die of heart disease, according to media accounts.

2) You obviously can't ask a doctor to examine you to determine if you can safely gain weight, so you might study up on the indicators such as BP, blood sugar, cholesterol, and others so you can at least make an informed decision for yourself.

3) The medical community will almost certainly never recognize that some people really want to be very heavy and will never seek to help us gain safely. We are pretty much an unknown science and are taking our health and lives in our own hands. Doctors and the medical establishment seem to have an acute shortage of common sense, so I think we can use common sense to our advantage, listen to our own bodies, and confound those short-sighted med people by being far healthier than they'll ever believe.

Wear sunscreen, while the rest of my meandering advice...

This stuff is only my opinion. Consult medical professionals.
Congestive heart failure, when caused by an obesity thickened heart muscle, as far as the new info I've seen and I can figure, can not be reversed. The extent of damage probably depends on how heavy a person has been and for how long. I quit.

JASmith

Godless heathen
I support you. I've had some good time packing it on, in the past.

imfree

In Remembrance
Thanks for kind words. Be careful everybody. Avoid being where I am.

imfree

In Remembrance
Congestive heart failure, when caused by an obesity thickened heart muscle, as far as the new info I've seen and I can figure, can not be reversed. The extent of damage probably depends on how heavy a person has been and for how long. I quit.
It looks like it's this way. The heart muscle thickens from the strain of pumping blood through the extra 200,000 miles of blood vessels in each pound of extra fat. The volume of blood pumped with each beat decreases as the muscle thickens. The heart gradually loses the ability to keep the body oxygenated. That includes the heart muscle. In end stage CHF shortness of breath becomes severe, even to the point of being out of breath while at rest. Arrhythmia sets in and the heart suddenly stops. CHF cannot be cured or reversed unless it's caused by an infection, for instance, but not when it's caused by an over-sized, overworked heart muscle. Shortness of breath sets in incrementally. I have been in CHF at least a few years, I know at the very least, since late 2009. I got shorter of breath a little more each year as I gained weight throughout my entire adult life. I'm nearly to the point of being out of breath at rest. My heartbeat does not feel steady. I'd love for it to just be stress. I pray for God's Mercy on me and long for His Grace. I pray for all of us.

Do not end up like me.

imfree

In Remembrance
1) Those who attack gainers will be banned.

I have my own dream.

Well?
What a horrible sin and error! I, without thinking, used "Sanctuary" in the title of this thread when it could have only been a "refuge". I have gained and people might gain, but gaining is not holy and neither is this thread. I must have been out of my mind. There is nothing good about gaining unless the gainer is underweight to begin with.

ssbbw4m4

I have an interest in meeting a woman that is a gainer but, I would not want her health threatened by gaining to much or, gaining to quickly.

I gained a lot of weight (50 pounds in a year) myself a few years ago (unintentionally) and when I went for my annual physical, my doctor wanted me to take it off. It did not effect my health at the time but, he said it would lead to problems as I got older. He also advised me to quit smoking but that's another story.

I guess I have a internal conflict because I am a FA and also a bit more health conscious as I have gotten older. Does anyone else have the same conflict?

Jah

Veggie girl
https://www.facebook.com/candice.brown.71404,
I've gained a lot of weight over the years. From my experience health is more about eating healthy and doing exercise. There have been times when my blood pressure has been slightly high and then I started doing regular exercise and it went down to normal.
So my advice to anyone that wants to gain would be to do it slowly, eat healthy and do the recommended amount of exercise.:)

Reactions: Tad

vampirekitten

I think this is an AWESOME thread! So glad I found it! :bow::smitten: I too love to gain! :blush::wubu:

Latest posts