Gaining speed and body figure

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

brainman

Hi all

Currently my wife is gaining and has done that since Christmas. Now, 26 pounds heavier and at a total weight of 249 lbs she is sexy beyond imagination - at least in my little world :wubu: (Progress pics are possible if someone wants). She wants to gain another 16 lbs or so and I'm sooo excited. She has been gaining very close to 2 lbs a week in this perios and much of the added weight has gone to her belly which is now sticking out a lot. This leads me right to my question:

Does the speed of gaining affect the figure? Does the fat distribute on the body in a different way when you gain fast or slow? It could be that, for example, the boobs and hips are getting a bigger part of the fat when it is added at a slower pace.

I can also broaden the question a bit and ask if it is by any means possible to affect the distribution of fat on the body through e.g. the kind of food, gaining speed, activity level (just sitting vs. working out)?

I know for sure that I've read somewere in a scientific document that smoking is making added body fat go to the belly - to some extent. Beer is also said to give this characteristical "beer belly". Besides that I know nothing.

Does anybody of you have any experience or knowledge in this area?

LoveBHMS

default title
The only thing that affects actual fat distribution is genetics.

Certain kinds of exercise will obviously affect muscle tone and body shape to a degree. Even if you do hundreds of situps and have super-toned abdominal muscles, you can still store fat over them. Pretty much the same with any muscle group.

There is also the matter of if fat is stored over or under the muscle, but there is nothing you can do to affect that.

I've never heard of smoking having anything to do with where fat is stored. The only affect on weight it would have is maybe to lower it since nicotine is a stimulant.

NyGiant

I've never heard of smoking having anything to do with where fat is stored. The only affect on weight it would have is maybe to lower it since nicotine is a stimulant.

Me thinks he was talking about the other smoke:rolleyes:

brainman

Thanks for the replies so far.

I am sure, too, that genetics are playing the major roll in the distribution of fat on the body. I know quite a bit about genetics.

Then I thought about clothing: In the good old days when corsets were popular, women managed to shape their bodies quite at bit. When I see pictures of BBW's and SSBBW's, their bodies seem to have folds in the places where the belt on their pants will be. Does the clothing to a certain degree affect the body shape?

Jay West Coast

Witness to the Thickness
I think you're putting the cart before the horse there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe usually people adjust their clothing to their weight, not the other way around.

Although I suppose sometimes a person who gains a tremendous amount of weight while mostly in one position may see a slight affect--much like when you see someone 600lbs who spends most of their time laying on one particular side. But in general, no, I think genetics are essentially the only voters in the caucus.

Yup. I said caucus.

RKC

I think you're putting the cart before the horse there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe usually people adjust their clothing to their weight, not the other way around.

Although I suppose sometimes a person who gains a tremendous amount of weight while mostly in one position may see a slight affect--much like when you see someone 600lbs who spends most of their time laying on one particular side. But in general, no, I think genetics are essentially the only voters in the caucus.

Yup. I said caucus.
And it was a reasonable use of caucus.

brainman

At the first picture, the weight is 187lbs, the next is 223 and the last i 252lbs. A gain of 65 lbs all in all.

brainman

...and that's for sure, LOL!

She has given birth to four children within 6 years (no twins), and we have agreed that now it's time for some serious birth control. :happy:

So she has been pregnant about 50% of the time in the last 6 years and this has to leave some signs somewhere.

In addition to that, she has a tendency to gain most in the belly regions.

Latest posts