• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

GC: Afternoon at the Mall (1-2) - by Matt L. (~BBW, Magic, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW, Magic, ~SWG - a series based on the need of some people to have a few changes in their lives

An Alternate Reality Story

Goth Chick's Afternoon at the Mall
by Matt L. and the Observer
(based on the CWWF original)

Libby was there for a purpose, but arriving early decided to grab a snack and amuse herself with her magic. Clad all in black, a T-shirt and skirt, ill fitting and meant for a female a few sizes smaller, Libby grabbed her pizza puff and cola and merrily strolled down the various corridors. There were droves of customers, leisurely spending their Saturday afternoon mingling with friends while looking for bargains. Libby was watching, looking for opportunities to exercise her unique abilities.

FIRST CHAPTER : ADJUSTMENT OF FLAWS.

Marjorie Landers was basically a perky, sweet caliber of young lady, although shopping that particular afternoon with her older sister was becoming quite the challenge on her nerves, as Libby quickly perceived. .

Barely 18, Marjorie was about as cute as they come. She had long flowing blond hair, cradling her shoulders that exposed her radiant chubby face while her pudgy 175-pound body was casually attired in a simple sleeveless T-shirt and shorts.

Resembling distant cousins rather than sisters, Marjorie’s older sibling Vanessa was an entirely different category of female. Vanessa Landers, a 23-year old software tech was essentially narcissistic. Pausing to view her reflection in the window of a exclusive boutique, Vanessa smiled while glancing over her womanly assets.

Her neat and orderly ash blond mane was set in a short, preppy style that enhanced her delicate features and her meticulously trim figure was dressed in a skin tight silk blouse and designer slacks.

“You know this is like, the fifth shop we’ve visited and you’ve yet to purchase anything”, the younger Marjorie stated with conviction.

There was a natural haughty tone to Vanessa’s voice as she responded, “You can’t expect me to buy just anything? This date is extremely special.”

Extremely special was a phrase often used by Vanessa when in need of exaggerating the importance of the moment. Libby winced at its precociousness, but sibling rivalries were common. Vanessa’s chiding of her sister was routine, in her view how would a chubby girl who hadn’t a clue about fashion understand the magnitude of appearance.

Marjorie rubbed the tip of her sneakers against the hard tile, observing “you know that Bruce wouldn’t care if you showed up in sweats and your hair in curlers.”

Fact was, Bruce Baxter was the new manager of the company. Handsome and well off, this date was Vanessa’s golden opportunity. He was a successful gentleman who could offer her the lifestyle she desired, though in her office, she indeed had a few rivals for his affection. There was then motive underlying her concern, for looking especially attractive on their first date would be to her advantage.

Marjorie again interrupted her sister‘s preoccupied browsing, which in her view was now bordering on obsession. “Excuse me, I hadn’t any idea shopping with you would take the whole afternoon.”

Actually, Vanessa’s sole purpose for bringing Marjorie was for her to carry her bags and chauffeur her around.

“I had intended to sleep in and then visit my friends”, Marjorie added.

Vanessa lifted an eyebrow, “If you stop whining, I’ll buy you something.”

Marjorie exhaled, “You know very well none of these trendy boutiques you shop at carry anything in my size.”

Vanessa tilted her forward, “And whose fault is that?”

Marjorie grimly stared at Vanessa as she was given another lecture, “Marjorie, for goodness sakes, take some pride in your appearance and lay off the fattening foods. When I was in high school, I was a cheerleader and quite popular. We used to tease and harass girls like you all the time.”

Marjorie sarcastically bellowed, “Thanks for enlightening me, I never realized popular girls teased us misfits.”

Vanessa condescendingly replied with a smirk, “I’m telling you this for your own good. You’re only 18 and at least 175-pounds, by time you’re my age, you’ll be a enormous.”

Vanessa stood with her hands over her svelte waist, bitingly inserting her opinion, “You’ll be among the bottom feeders, none of the really classy guys won’t have anything to do with you.”

Marjorie sighed, “I’m already used to that, most of the guys in class ignore me.”

Vanessa leaned toward the shop’s entrance, “Then you understand me.”

Marjorie cordially protested, “Ah, I’m not going into another shop and watch you try on dresses for a hour. I’m going to grab a bite.”

Vanessa softly chuckled, “Typical.”

Marjorie inched toward her sister, “What’s the big deal with having lunch? Following you from store to store is exhausting and I’m famished.”

Vanessa turned toward the direction of the food court, waving her hand, “Go on tubby, pig out. I wouldn’t want to interfere with your natural instincts. Just remember to come back here once you’re done feeding.”

Marjorie was privy to the fact that leaving the mall without her pretentious sister would be the cause of further chaos.

“Yeah, okay, fine”, Marjorie bitterly replied.

Though Marjorie never made it out of Vanessa’s sight, she found herself suddenly freezing within two feet from where she stood arguing with Vanessa. Vanessa giddily approached her sister, “Lose track of the location?”

Pointing into the direction of the food court, Vanessa chuckled, “The food court’s over there.”

Loudly sighing, Marjorie insisted, “I know very well where it is.”

Vanessa swung her purse over her hip, “You really must be hungry, you’re delusional.”

“Screw you”, Marjorie blurted without reservation.”

Vanessa peppered her malice with humor, “Cranky too, I suppose due to not having anything to eat since breakfast?”

Nervously Marjorie scratched her plump belly, “I just want to be left alone.”

Vanessa uttered a soft, “Huh?”

Through focusing on Marjorie’s distressed expression and the track of her gentle eyes, Vanessa glanced through the crowd and discovered the reason behind her sister’s suddenly sour mood. Aimlessly relaxing on a bench was a rather good looking young man just about Marjorie’s age.

“I see,” Vanessa purred, “You’re smitten with that cool looking guy over there.”

Marjorie silently whisked her sister away into the boutique.

“He seems like a nice guy, why so shy?”, Vanessa asked.

Marjorie rummaged through her emotions, “He is a nice guy, I really like him, really like him. We talk all the time in class and he’s always making me laugh.”

While Marjorie continued, “But I’m not looking my best and even then…”

But Vanessa wasn’t paying attention. She’d caught her reflection on a spacious mirror and was compelled by her own physical attraction,

“Maybe I should buy something low cut to show off my_.”

Marjorie cleared her throat, “Excuse me, I was spilling out my guts.”

Vanessa eased her eyes off her splendid form to glimpse out the door at the male Marjorie was taken with.

“He is cute”, Vanessa stated like a minx, “But I’m afraid guys like him don’t go for chubby chicks. Unless you’re planning to drop some excess weight, I’d forget about him, he’s the type usually reserved for cheerleaders.”

Vanessa might as well have added, “now back to me,” because she began glancing over the various apparel on a clothes rack , “I think something by Gucci would look scrumptious on me!”

Marjorie had had it. She knew Libby was watching and rubbed her belly as she focused on Vanessa, “I wish, I wish I was more like you.”

Vanessa snapped her fingers ignoring her sister’s mantra, “Hey Tubby, if you’re finished moaning over rejection, I need your assistance.”

Marjorie bitterly fumed as she caressed her belly, “_and I wish you were more like me.”

Libby smiled. The time had come, the signal had been given – and Marjorie had more than given her sister fair opportunity to avoid what was about to occur. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for an instant.

~ A paradox of accuracy manifested, blurring the facts into an adjustment in reality, and there was a new relationship, although neither sister yet realized it and only one had any idea of how the shift had occurred.

A pretty salesgirl promptly introduced herself to Marjorie, “Hello, I’m Serena. I’m guessing you’re here to buy a gown for prom?”

Marjorie blinked, “Excuse me?”

Serena replied with a girlie girl giggle, “Hope I’m not coming on too strong? Our manager expects us to be very conscientious.”

Marjorie was a little perplexed by the come on, after all, most salesgirls usually ignored her, “No, you’re not coming on too strong.”

Serena tapped her chin as she scrutinized Marjorie’s body, “You have a swell figure, I’m guessing a size 4?”

“A size 4?”, Marjorie questioned to herself, “How hard up is this chick for a sale?”

Leaning toward the looking glass, Marjorie mumbled, ‘I’m so not a size_.”

Her jaw dropped. Mesmerized by her own reflection, Marjorie silently inspected the overwhelming change to her appearance.

Streaks of brown highlighted her shiny blond mane, set in a bouncy ponytail that pulled the hair away from her gorgeous cover girl face. Marjorie’s slender figure looked nothing less than spectacular in a tube top and shorts, a small belly ring decorating her trim tummy. Now at a curvaceous 128-pounds, Marjorie smiled as she twirled around, telling the salesgirl, “Actually, I just might be a size 6, but maybe I can squeeze into a size 4?”

Mean while, another salesgirl approached Vanessa, “Um, excuse me ma’am, but I don’t really think we have anything in your size?”

“Ma’am?”, Vanessa thought to herself, “Since when am I referred to as ma’am?”

The salesgirl, slim and absolutely vivacious, suggested with a dab of snootiness, “Perhaps K-mart might be a better choice for clothes?”

Confusion rocked Vanessa’s mind, she had never been rejected by any saleswoman, they usually flocked to her assistance. The salesgirl sighed loud enough to gather Vanessa’s attention, “Look around if you must, but I assure you, there’s nothing in stock that will fit you .”

Vanessa snapped out of her daze, “What do you mean nothing in stock that‘ll fit me?”

The reality of her image cast upon a mirror was comeuppance for her shallow principles. She gasped, “Whaaa, I’m huge! How and when did this happen?” T

The salesgirl softly replied, “No, duh, I think its been that way for awhile..”

Vanessa’s hair was now barren of the sophistication that was granted by its preppy style and ash blond hue. Meager in style and reminiscent of a cheap cuts salon, her blasé blond mane was combed back but rumpled, the noticeably longer length flirted with the top of her shoulders. Contouring to the shape of her face, it added a marginally frumpy quality to her appearance.

Vanessa’s delicate facial features were no more, replaced by swollen cheeks and a plump double chin. Even her once narrow nose had expanded at the tip, rendering her the look of a reasonably pretty girl, but one that was more at ease with baking and sewing than social elegance. Vanessa’s wardrobe now reflected the trappings of an inconspicuous lifestyle.

A comfortable looking T-shirt that didn’t exactly flatter her large bust, big belly and thick waist and spandex slacks that didn’t do her wide posterior or hefty thighs any favors. A gigantic spare tire circled her chunky waist and her hips were staggering in width. Even her top of the line footwear was replaced with Payless specials.

Vanessa’s twinkle of superiority faded from her eyes as her shoulders rolled forward, distilling the knowledge that at 255-pounds, she had become the type of female she used to tease. Indeed, she was strangely feeling as though her memories of her former self were those of someone else long ago and far away. As Libby manipulated reality she was swiftly accepting her current size as being for her “normal.”

Marjorie joined her sister, basking in the prominence of her curvy shape that was in sync with her new found confidence, “Hey, while you’re moping around here, I’m going to run over to Ryan and say hello!”

Vanessa’s voice had received a dejected tone, “Huh, who?”

Excitedly, Marjorie tapped her fancy footwear, “Ryan Manners, the guy sitting on the bench!”

Vanessa glanced over her sister, the mechanics of mind replacing her anger with envy, her confusion with understanding. She really was the big sister now.

“But what about me?” Vanessa whimpered. She had no idea of how to cope with her new reality.

Marjorie placed her hands over her hips, smiling as she lifted her chin, “Ah, weren’t you like, shopping for a dress for your big date with Bruce?”

Vanessa tried to mimic her sister’s stance, but removed her hands from her hips once she noticed how the stance effectively displayed her corpulent round belly, “There’s so many beautiful girls in the office, I doubt Bruce Baxter will even notice me anymore.”

Marjorie tapped her chin, for the moment letting some pay-back sink in “Well then tubby, I guess then you can grab a bite while I socialize with Ryan? I wouldn’t want to interfere with your natural instincts.”

Serena approached Marjorie, asking as she gawked at the rotund sister, “So find anything you like?”

Like on a runway, Marjorie strutted by Serena, swaying her hips in confidence, “Not at the moment, but trust me, I’ll be back!”

Vanessa’s gait as she tried to follow was genuinely awkward, her lumbering body failing to keep pace with the light footed Marjorie.

“That’s one chick who needs to spend more time at the gym, less time at the dinner table”, Serena surmised after the pair were out of the shop. Vanessa, now the one with the appetite, diverted to the food court where she could contemplate her new state while Marjorie sauntered on.

A short time later Marjorie joined her sister at the food court, where Vanessa was indulging her new found appetite.

“Guess who just asked me to the prom?”, Marjorie beamed in happiness.

Vanessa teetered on her chair, replying between bites of her chili dog, “not that cute Ryan guy?”

Marjorie’s swift nod triggered a bounce from her ponytail, “Oh yeah! I told you we’ve always gotten on well. It just took some encouragement. Now you just relax and finish your meal, I’ll be over that fancy boutique looking for a gown.”

Vanessa wiped her greasy fingers off her spandex slacks, “I guess, but watching you trying on dresses isn’t much fun.”

Marjorie nonchalantly smiled and turned up the payback another notch, “Ah, if you stop whining, I promise to buy you something.”

Vanessa reached for her cola, crinkling her nose at the suggestion, “You kidding? That shop doesn’t have a thing that’ll fit me.”

Marjorie chuckled while gazing over her sister’s plate of fattening food, “And whose fault is that?”

Then she paused. “But seriously, there are other shoppes, and you don’t have to dress down and let your hair go just because others expect you not to care about yourself when you’re fat. I bet that with a little effort you can still attract Bruce. I happen to feel he really liked you as a person, not solely because of your image.”

Vanessa noted the difference in Marjorie’s approach – instead of being condescending as she had been, she was trying to encourage. If only Vanessa could believe what her sister was saying to be true . . .

“Put it this way – if you’re being the best you can be and he doesn’t like it, then he’s not good enough for you! So what about trying it?” challenged Marjorie.

Libby smiled at the love Marjorie was extending towards her sister; as a final touch she strengthened Vanessa’s inner self-image and willingness to compete. She also used her remote viewing ability to look in on Bruce Baxter, finding him to be kindly disposed towards Vanessa already and not at all a fatophobe; she visualized him as seeing Vanessa as a warm and wonderful friend whose fulsome body simply reflected her unpretentious and sharing nature. For good measure she also conferred upon Ryan and Marjorie the blessing of a continuation of the joy and friendship they had always had.

Libby smiled before she moved on, knowing that Vanessa and Marjorie's futures were secure – although Marjorie, free of the unnatural social restraints that had held Vanessa’s appetite in check, would grow over time, something that Ryan would not mind at all.

(continued in post 5 of this thread)

Latest posts

Back