Gentlemen, Post An Awesome Pic Of Yourselves

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I love it. I was instantly hooked. It’s very humbling too. It’s a discipline where my size and strength aren’t necessarily going to carry me through. I have been leveraged and tossed by even a young (20 yr old) girl. She had my joint in such a manner that I had no choice but to go where she wanted me to go! I really enjoy things that force me to put my ego aside and become humble and learn. I just turned 46 so it’s definitely not the easiest thing I could have chosen but I think it will be very rewarding.
definitely! Humbling for certain. Since I started Judo I have been beat up by everyone from 15 year old kids to 60+ year old men.

As for practicing with women...

I’ve been choked out by a 45 year old “soccer mom” and a 105 pound Italian woman. I’ve been demolished by a Portuguese woman who was closer to my weight and planted firmly on the mat by a blind woman. So being a guy practicing with women can definitely be humbling. It’s not a sport to start at this age if you have ego issues!

man I hope this thing blows over so we can all get back to the mats and train!

LeoGibson

Happy
definitely! Humbling for certain. Since I started Judo I have been beat up by everyone from 15 year old kids to 60+ year old men.

As for practicing with women...

I’ve been choked out by a 45 year old “soccer mom” and a 105 pound Italian woman. I’ve been demolished by a Portuguese woman who was closer to my weight and planted firmly on the mat by a blind woman. So being a guy practicing with women can definitely be humbling. It’s not a sport to start at this age if you have ego issues!

man I hope this thing blows over so we can all get back to the mats and train!
Agreed! I can’t wait to get back on the mat!!

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter

Haircut is a little wonky because this was my first attempt at cutting it myself.
(My work schedule and overtime wasn't matching up with my stylist's schedule, and then she left the shop, anyway. Plus, I like to be self-sufficient as much as I can.)

I have some photos of the rest of me over in the (link -->) Belly Library thread.

Last edited:
Group builder