• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Get Into A Wound Center

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Wound Centers are fairly new departments hospitals have created. As usual, I was skeptical of new enterprises of the healthcare system, but this one is good, necessary and may save lives, our mobility, our legs, and our self image.

I was sent to my local wound center by my dermatologist because a sore that came up on my hip would not heal. The dermatologist said it was a "pressure sore" from sitting or from contact, (like a bedsore).

The learning curve I ran into the first day I was at the center was steep and fast. I was impressed by the knowledge the nurses & doctors had. They were very kind to me and treated me courteously. Here's some of the stuff they had . . . .

1. Exams were conducted on a modern, large, big hydraulic chair that they could adjust while I was in the chair. They also offered a bed for the exam if I needed one.

2. They had electric lifts handy, hyperbaric chambers, new bandage solutions that were just designed, photographic equipment that documented the wounds changes.

3. Ability to handle many different wounds. In the waiting room there were people who were on dialysis (diabetic) and had developed leg, toe, or port of dialysis. There were law enforcement officers who were injured on-the-job and they lost a foot or arm, etc. People came on crutches, in wheelchairs, I came on a rolling walker - most of us walking wounded.

4. If you need compression garments, they can make you some or get you exactly what you need. They can also have supplies sent to your home within 24 hours. They handle infections (staph), systemic health issues (diabetes or edema), trauma or accidents, etc.

5. And God bless their hides -they took one look at my previously diagnosed "pressure sore" and told me "you have have been burned by an electrical short". They went further to ask me if during my recent surgery (one day before the sore showed up), the doctor had used an electric cauterizing knife. They then suspected that an electrical grounding plate was placed under my hip in that position? I said "yes." They further suggested the grounding plate had a short in it & I got electrocuted during my surgery. I was relieved to be cleared of having a bedsore, but the wound is slow to heal - six months so far. It is because I have poor blood circulation in my pannus & hip area. The wound and burn came from the inside and went out.

Latest posts

Back