Quantcast

Goals Before We Hit 40....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
My birthday is next month and I will be 38...inching closer and closer to that 40 mark. So, it has me thinking about things I want to accomplish before I hit the big 4-0.

My main objective before 40 is to travel out of the country. At this point, I don't care where lol. Though if I had a choice, it would be Italy, The UK, or Greece.

What are some of y'alls goals?

LeoGibson

Happy
38 Here as well, and I would have to say my main goals for before I'm 40 are to take a trip to Ireland to visit a friend and to find and launch a new career.

MattB

Epicurean
I hit the 3-8 last month. To be honest, the last time I set any age-related goals was at 30. It may sound strange to say, but I was never happy when I was younger and always looked forward to being older. I'm excited for 40.

I am trying to get as much music written and recorded as possible, not necessarily for before turning 40 but I am noticing I can't play guitar as fast as I used to. That sucks, but it is giving me motivation to get my metal stuff done now...

Okay, maybe one goal before turning 40 is to finally retire from wearing ball caps. This has vexed me for a few years now, I feel I'm getting to old to wear them, but I haven't found a good old guy hat yet.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
LeoGibson said:
38 Here as well, and I would have to say my main goals for before I'm 40 are to take a trip to Ireland to visit a friend and to find and launch a new career.
Oh Ireland sounds nice too...though the accents are so thick, I dunno if I could understand anyone who spoke to me lol

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
MattB said:
I hit the 3-8 last month. To be honest, the last time I set any age-related goals was at 30. It may sound strange to say, but I was never happy when I was younger and always looked forward to being older. I'm excited for 40.

I am trying to get as much music written and recorded as possible, not necessarily for before turning 40 but I am noticing I can't play guitar as fast as I used to. That sucks, but it is giving me motivation to get my metal stuff done now...

Okay, maybe one goal before turning 40 is to finally retire from wearing ball caps. This has vexed me for a few years now, I feel I'm getting to old to wear them, but I haven't found a good old guy hat yet.
Wow, I thought you were younger :) and happy belated.

I play clarinet in the city pops band but I hadn't played since college, until this past year. I couldn't believe how much I have slowed down too...and how much I forgot. I play piano too and have been meaning to get a keyboard and start practicing again but after the whole clarinet fiasco, I'm a little skeered lol

You're never too old for ball caps :) my dad is in his 60's and I don't think anyone, outside of the family, has ever seen him without his Notre Dame hat on lol

penguin

Fnord
I haven't thought about it that much. I would like to have more children, and that's definitely something to get done before I'm 40. But if it doesn't happen, it's okay. I'd like to finally get that book written and published. Maybe have furniture that matches, too :)

MattB

Epicurean
Wow, I thought you were younger :) and happy belated.

I play clarinet in the city pops band but I hadn't played since college, until this past year. I couldn't believe how much I have slowed down too...and how much I forgot. I play piano too and have been meaning to get a keyboard and start practicing again but after the whole clarinet fiasco, I'm a little skeered lol

You're never too old for ball caps :) my dad is in his 60's and I don't think anyone, outside of the family, has ever seen him without his Notre Dame hat on lol
Thanks! I guess I'll keep the caps and just pull my pants up higher...

I still want to get a drum set, maybe I'll do that before 40. It's never too late.

lottapounds

happy mutant
My goal for my thirties, since i am 31, is to get my life together. I spent most of the previous decade being so utterly depressed that I pissed some of the best years down my leg. :) Not literally, luckily. :rolleyes:

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
MattB said:
Why is this so despised? It's a great compromise between business and pleasure.
It's disturbing...and now I'm totally imagining you in some bright flowerdy bermuda shorts with black dress socks and sandals lol

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
MattB said:
I would never wear bermuda shorts with black dress socks and sandals. Plaid shorts, yes. Bermuda, no.
Ok that makes it a little better I suppose (no it doesn't) lol

ScreamingChicken

WVMountainrear's Husband
I turned 38 back in May and for the longest time I had one goal to knock down by age 40 and that was get my bachelor's degree. With my divorce throwing that off the rails and the realization that I would have to go in to some serious debt to acheve it, it's not going to happen anytime in the forseeable future.

In the meantime, I just want to be happy for the first time in a LONG time...:)

seavixen

Ditz Extraordinaire
I feel like I'm too young to reply to this thread (which... well, that's okay, to be honest! lol), but I'd seriously love to pay off my mortgage by the time I'm 40. It's a totally impossible goal, but it would make me all kinds of happy.

Ditto on the novel thing. I've written novel length stories, but nothing that would ever be publishable.

I guess a more realistic goal would be settling into a decent job that I don't completely detest.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Tad said:
This discussion reminded me of this: http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/06/16

Just so you know what you are ramping up towards for, say, 50 ;-)
Lol I couldn't find it on youtube but I think the, "mom jeans" skit from Saturday night live would also be appropriate for this thread lol

We'll save the, "oops I crapped my pants" skit for a much later date lol

KuroBara

"She Coo"
Ditto on the novel thing. I've written novel length stories, but nothing that would ever be publishable.

I guess a more realistic goal would be settling into a decent job that I don't completely detest.
Hey, if a fan-fic writer writing the most impossibly-to-believe "erotic" dreck can be on the NYT Best-Seller List for weeks, you certainly should have a chance!! :D Don't give up!