Goals

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by sarahe543, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Sep 23, 2019 #41

SSBHM

SSBHM

SSBHM

That is really a modest gain, although it doesn't seem to place undue pressure on you.
    It seems more fun to me to go in starts and stops - I like to really, really indulge, but can't sustain it for a long period of time, but I catch my wind, so to speak, and can start again pushing myself, which I think is fun.
    There's something to be said about reaching milestones too - 200 is one - 225 another - 250 - 300 - 350! (I got carried away!)

2. Sep 24, 2019 #42

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I started gaining by setting big goals. I soon found that trying to gain 100 lb didn't really work for me. So, I decided to set lots of little goals. It worked. Goals of a couple of extra pounds are easily attainable. They also give you lots of successes, which build up motivation to work harder at gaining. A pound a week for two years adds up to 100 lb but it's a lot easier than aiming for 100 lb.

nsandru and Tad like this.
  3. Sep 24, 2019 #43

nsandru

nsandru

nsandru

I started my gaining journey in mid-July when I began to overstuff my stomach with as much high calorie foods (mainly diary such as cream and milk, plus my normal consumption from before) as I could take before feeling pain. I started with about 4 lbs of food and milk in one sitting, now I can do about 6 - 7 lbs.

I don't have a reliable scale so I rely on a tape measure. I added about 2 inches to my belly since I started the overstuffing, from 44" in May to 46" now. My goal is 50" by the end of the year.

20190924_131210.jpg

Me with my daily intake of 3 lbs of cream. I aim at increasing to 6 lbs / day.

4. Oct 1, 2019 #44

DWilliams1

DWilliams1

DWilliams1

Part Time Gainer...Full time Foodie and FA!

My first and primary goal is to enjoy good food...preferably rich, Italian dishes, pizza, and sweets...without regrets and worrying about judgement.

I've gained and lost weight a few times, but ready to really go for it this time. I want to see how I feel along the way though, and make necessary adjustments/assessments from there.

I've been up to 300 before, and lost a good amount due to stress. But recently, since I've begun gaining again...I am at 284 and climbing. Going to see if I can blow past my highest weight.

Always had a big appetite, but lately it's gone crazy and I want to eat all the time...not that it's a bad thing, of course.

Shotha and nsandru like this.
  5. Oct 2, 2019 #45

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

That's a very good point. Gainers usually have a very clear idea about the size and shape of the body that they want to achieve but we hear very little discussion about how we are going to get their. I think that it's good to stop and think about something as basic as the food that we are going to eat. It's hard to stick with any diet, including gaining diets, if it's not enjoyable. I have a very dry mouth and so eating enough to gain was a problem. I found that sour tastes helped with this - lemon juice, vinegar, plain yogurt, etc.

This is another good point. Stress is the gainer's enemy. Stress can take valuable eating time off you. It also has physiological effects such as a dry mouth and nausea, which really make it hard to eat. Stress also takes energy off you, so that you can't be bothered to do things like grocery shopping and cooking. Good stress management strategies are something that gainers need to develop. We need more discussion of the effects that stress has specifically on gaining.

DWilliams1 and nsandru like this.
  6. Oct 23, 2019 #46

Marshmallow Minotaur

Marshmallow Minotaur

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear

My goal has been at least 245-250 lbs at my height of 5’6”. I did hit just over 240 lbs a few months ago which seemed inadequate. I would love to hit 260+. My belly is currently ~50” with a goal of 52-54”. I wear size 44 pants and fantasize about 46s. Though I can push the 44s for some time.

7. Nov 12, 2019 #47

aviators13

aviators13

aviators13

I ultimately want to hit 500, but right now, I want to hit 350 by new years. Currently stuck at 330, and I feel like if I can gain 20 pounds in the next two months, that would be a good milestone to hit.

Shotha and SSBHM like this.
  8. Nov 19, 2019 #48

khrestel

khrestel

khrestel

When I was gaining, a common thing was that my goal grew with every pound I grew. First it was 100 kilos, then 300 lbs, then 150 kilos, 400 lbs.... I never got "big enough". The goal shifted further every time. If I was to gain and set a goal I truly desire now, I would set one well above the size I once was.

SvenskFA and Tad like this.
  9. Nov 24, 2019 #49

shadowcat

shadowcat

shadowcat

Same!! I love the feeling of fat on my body, especially having a belly. Im a chubby 200lbs right now. I don't really have a goal nor am I gaining. But I would like to chub up a little more and stop maybe at 220 or 30? I don't want to be really big.