Got a CVS delivery the other day

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barbsjw

Thanks everyone! :) 1 thing I'm a bit worried about: my boobs are big ALREADY, and I know I'll be breastfeeding.

op user

In case anyone is curious: I'm pretty sure we conceived during that encounter in the shower. :D

Congratulations... I thought this reference on shower sex had something to do with today's result.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Barbsjw, I'd probably at least phone your doctor's office and ask them that question. I'd guess they'll want to see you soon (I don't know much about American health care, so not sure if there is a substantial cost involved for you in doing that? If so then I guess you could research some, but at least our experience was family doctor wanted to see my wife right away for a general assessment of health, and then set her up with an ob/gyn -- there was a couple of weeks before seeing the latter I think, but it has been a long time so I might not be remembering properly)

We are pretty sure that our son was conceived during our one and only use of the contraceptive sponge, which we were only trying because of that one Seinfeld episode, so we joked that his middle name should have been 'Spongeworthy.' (we were taking some chances at the time and were open to having a kid, else we wouldn't have tried something new in that regard, so it was no great stress to us, just more amusing)

Barbsjw

Thanks @Tad! We have great insurance through work, so that's not a problem. I'm hoping my Family Doctor will be willing to deliver the baby. I'll check in with Dr. Donovan tomorrow.

Barbsjw

Thanks again everyone! According to a due date calculator I found, my EDD is 1/18/21. I called Dr. Donovan today and I'll see her next week to confirm that math and get my first examination. I also have started planning a belly pic session for this winter.

Last edited:

Barbsjw

When should I tell my boss I'm pregnant? I'm thinking not until I begin my 2nd trimester (July/August). On the upside: my maternity leave would begin during break.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
When should I tell my boss I'm pregnant? I'm thinking not until I begin my 2nd trimester (July/August). On the upside: my maternity leave would begin during break.
Unless you are super close with your boss, I wouldn't tell until second trimester. (I don't know if you are working from home or not. If you are in a high risk occupation it might change that calculation a bit? And if you are seeing your boss and they are astute, they might have a pretty good guess before you say anything)

Barbsjw

@Tad i'm a college diversity coordinator, have been working from home for 2 months. On the upside: commencement was last weekend, so this is downtime. We'll pick up again in fall when students are back on campus (HOPEFULLY). We're not especially close, but we're professionally cordial.

Latest posts