Got a CVS delivery the other day

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Corey

Corey
Ahhh, @Barbsjw congratulations to you and your husband! That is so special.

You don’t have to tell your boss until you feel comfortable doing so. I would read up on some articles to gather an opinion though.

Not sure how your cup size measures, but if you find that you’re having trouble, a breast shield works great for bigger breasted women. With each of my pregnancies, I went from a C cup to DDs. 😳 I feel like for someone of my size, a C cup was pretty generous (thank you genetics), but DD’s were massive on me. DDs are probably the norm for around here.

Corey

Corey
Thanks for the breast shield tip @Corey. I'm ALREADY a 44DDD, so I'm kinda scared what's gonna happen there.
Of course, any time! Some women don’t even see much of a change to their breasts during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would invest in some nice nursing bras that offer support and see how you do without the breast shield at first. I have friends with large breasts that had no problem breast feeding their children. There should be a lactation consultant in the hospital who can help you with any questions or troubles. Check to see if the hospital you will deliver in has classes or support groups for after your baby is born. Do your research ahead of time and from multiple sources to get a more realistic view. But also, just remember, even if you can’t (or don’t want to!) breastfeed, you’re no less of a woman. ♥ Some websites I’ve turned to that have been helpful: KellyMom and La Leche League International.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Thanks! When I'm closer, and writing my Birth Plan, seeing a LC will DEFINITELY be on it! :)
My wife's change was not especially dramatic in pregnancy or while nursing. I think a cup size? ("Nursing" but actually pumping for months, we had the baby that defied the lactation consultant and refused to suckle. Also would only take milk (and later formula) that was cold. And hated being swaddled, wrapped up, or held too tightly. Baby books are great, but the babies haven't read them, see, so they don't always follow the script ...)

Barbsjw

And when I put in for maternity leave, I'll do from beginning of semester until after Spring Break. (8 weeks approximately)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad

Latest posts