Greek weight gain music video

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

biggiefatty

so I've been going nuts trying to find this WG themed music video for a while now the song in question,
I believe was featured on a greek music show the video follows the gain of a skinny blonde girl, who goes to open her locker, in which a bunch of small chocolates fall out.
the girl goes to class with her boyfriend while eating one of the chocolates. the next scene cuts to the classroom where the boyfriend is gifting the girl boxes of chocolates and sweets, with the girl pigging out on them
the scene then transitions to the girl now being portrayed by a blonde bbw, dawning the same clothing
the rest of the music video follows the bbw blonde as she drags her boyfriend into various cafes/bakeries, ordering multiple items on the menus
I'd really appreciate it if someone could help find the music video in question

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Hi biggiefatty, welcome to Dims!

I just raked YouTube with several keyword combinations in Greek (including alphabet, since Greek in Roman letter transcription brings zero results, even for extremely well-known content) following your description.

Unfortunately nothing - not even close.

Are you sure it was Greek - not Russion, Bulgarian, Serb, Ukrainian ??

biggiefatty

I just raked YouTube with several keyword combinations in Greek (including alphabet, since Greek in Roman letter transcription brings zero results, even for extremely well-known content) following your description.

I'm pretty sure it was greek
because I believe it was aired on a tv show titled "Greek Music Port"

biggiefatty

though it might have been Russian

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Do you have a feel for how long ago you saw the video, and if it felt new or older (can't always tell, but sometimes by fashion or cellphones or something there are signals that can give a feel). Just trying to think of other ways to help narrow it down. Or for that matter, any brands (of chocolate, of shops, etc).

op user

biggiefatty

Do you have a feel for how long ago you saw the video, and if it felt new or older (can't always tell, but sometimes by fashion or cellphones or something there are signals that can give a feel). Just trying to think of other ways to help narrow it down. Or for that matter, any brands (of chocolate, of shops, etc).
I saw the music video last year
the setting was pretty modern like 2020-2021

Reactions: Tad

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Since there never seems to have been a show on Greek TV of this name (or any similar), I tried another context & I think I narrowed it down...

Ελληνικό Μουσικοδρόμιο Greek MusicPort

is/was a show in Greek on an Australian cable TV channel called Hellas TV based in Adelaide (for the sizeable Greek community in DownUnder).
They also have an app - but otherwise their content seems to be completely geo-blocked.

This is the one episode I could find on youtube (but its about music from Greek movie classics).

Maybe this leads helps - sorry I couldn't find the exact video you are looking for.
But thank you for a really fun internet search task ....;)

Most Greek BBW the celebrity kind have dark (brown/black) hair. I don't remember a blond BBW
; Here , here with her daughter, and another one. She is good too

Any idea of the time frame?
Linking an article about the economic difficulties of a plus-size actress right after the peak of the Greek economic crisis (early 2016) strikes me as slightly cynical in this context...

Apart from that, it is a stereotype that there are no blond Greeks. And regarding Greek show-biz/TV/etc. - that probably has one of the highest per capita - literally - rates of hydrogen peroxide in the world....

Reactions: Tad

op user

[/QUOTE]

Linking an article about the economic difficulties of a plus-size actress right after the peak of the Greek economic crisis (early 2016) strikes me as slightly cynical in this context...

Apart from that, it is a stereotype that there are no blond Greeks. And regarding Greek show-biz/TV/etc. - that probably has one of the highest per capita - literally - rates of hydrogen peroxide in the world....
[/QUOTE]

Regarding the blond comment (deep respect for the higher per capita etc point). My comment was about BBW ladies in Greek media - not morning show presenters were blond hair is a pre-requisite. Large ladies in Greek media are dark hair there is an exemption I can't find right now.

As for the linked article - I attached for the pic not the content. I should keep in mind that there are other Greek speaking people here who read the links.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"...I just raked YouTube with several keyword combinations in Greek (including alphabet, since Greek in Roman letter transcription brings zero results, even for extremely well-known content) following your description.

Are you sure it was Greek - not Russion, Bulgarian, Serb, Ukrainian ??"
Can I just say how I love the fact of how readily you connect all of these mostly Slavic languages with the Baltics. That would not have jumped out at me, but I think I can see why now after watching a few videos.

"I saw the music video last year
the setting was pretty modern like 2020-2021"

"
I like this, almost a kind of reddit vibe we have going on in here. We just may solve this yet.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Can I just say how I love the fact of how readily you connect all of these mostly Slavic languages with the Baltics. That would not have jumped out at me, but I think I can see why now after watching a few videos.
Thank you - but I know from experience that non-Roman letters are often lumped into one and confused, not differentiating between the Greek and Cyrillic alphabet. They have some overlap, and knowing one makes deciphering the other easier than if one is only familiar with the Roman alphabet.

Musically though the connection is the Balkans (not Baltics - they write in Roman letters and have more Nordic music) - or specifically the so-called "Balkan beat" with its mainly 9/8 time signature common in the entire region from Serbia in the North over Greece, Turkey, down to Lebanon and Israel with its Klezmer traditions. As many differences and antagonisms as there are, that's the one thing the entire Levantine world - roughly what used to be the Ottoman Empire - can agree upon.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Oh, man, I did a Trump(ism). Posting too close to bedtime.
Yakatori - don't worry, that is not a Trumpism!

It is only the single most common US foreign policy/geography fail reference. For some unknown reason it constantly comes up - I've heard it often, even from American academics, experts from foreign policy think tanks in DC and the like.
Author Jonathan Franzen - who even lived in Germany for several years and speaks fluent German, so should have sufficient Europe knowledge - based an extire plot line in his (realistic, not fantasy) novel "The Corrections" on this mess up. One of his characters gets stuck in an obviously BALKAN like civil war in a totally corrupt, mafia-run LITHUANIA - which we all know in reality is an efficient, successful and peaceful BALTIC country. And that novel won the National Book Award!

So absolutely no reason for worries!

Thank you - but I know from experience that non-Roman letters are often lumped into one and confused, not differentiating between the Greek and Cyrillic alphabet. They have some overlap, and knowing one makes deciphering the other easier than if one is only familiar with the Roman alphabet.
May I add a note here on one letter of the Cyrillic alphabet, which people learning it find perplexing and difficult?
The Cyrillic letter В/в is pronounced like our V (or F before voiceless consonants and at the end of a word). This is because the pronunciation of the Greek letter beta, Β/β, had changed from B to V (or F before voiceless consonants) by the time that the Cyrillic alphabet was created. So, they had create a new letter (Б/б) for B. The Latin alphabet (our alphabet) borrowed the Greek letter beta, when it was still pronounce as a B.

Joker

May I add a note here on one letter of the Cyrillic alphabet, which people learning it find perplexing and difficult?
The Cyrillic letter В/в is pronounced like our V (or F before voiceless consonants and at the end of a word). This is because the pronunciation of the Greek letter beta, Β/β, had changed from B to V (or F before voiceless consonants) by the time that the Cyrillic alphabet was created. So, they had create a new letter (Б/б) for B. The Latin alphabet (our alphabet) borrowed the Greek letter beta, when it was still pronounce as a B.
Alpha remember that.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
In this B-line - since Modern Greek's B-eta/β is indeed pronounced like a V, the actual "B" as we know it is spelled as MP = ΜΠ/μπ in names or lay words such as bar = ΜΠΑΡ μπαρ.

Latest posts