Quantcast

Growing Gilmore Girls - by Swiggy 3000 (~BBW (Mult), Romance, Lesbianism, ~MWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

swiggy3000

Height: 5'7''
Weight: 178 lbs

Chapter 24

Rory didn't exactly have too many choices in the clothing department tonight. She had outgrown most of her wardrobe and only had a weeks' worth of clothes that fit her and more of those were jeans and sweats. Not exactly something that her grandmother would want her to wear to their fancy dinners. She could hear her grandmothers voice asking her, 'Well what if we invited someone over or they came over? How would it look for my granddaughter to be dressed like a street urchin?'

She shook her head. Nope, she had to wear a dress tonight.

Unfortunately the dress she had been planning on wearing was no good. The plus was that she could still fit in it; the minus was that she couldn't zip it up all the way. One look at the way that her body was bursting out of it was enough to bring tears to the poor girls' eyes. Then she remembered that she did have a black dress that she had bought a while back just in case. It was a size larger than what she had been wearing so might as well see if she could fit into it.

She found it in the back of her closet. Good thing she brought most of her clothes back from Yale. The dress looked huge to her. At least to what she had been wearing for years but the average woman would find it normal and many women would kill to fit into something like that again. It was light weight and seemed to have plenty of room inside of it. She'd have to wear a light sweater over it. Not the worst thing, at least it would cover up her arms. She slipped it on and to her great relief it did fit her.

Turning around and looking at herself in the mirror she grimaced, it barely fit her. It contained her breasts and hid her waist nice enough. It also hid her thighs, the hem of the fabric came down to her knees. Only downside was that it couldn't quite hide her ass and even with the black it would still be easy to see that she had put on more weight.

She could feel herself sweating now; she knew she should just fake sick and go on a crash diet. At least she'd look tiny enough for her grandma. But she'd been waiting to see her and Rory couldn't disappoint her grandma or her grandpa, at least not with the both of them paying for Yale. It would be rude and she was just going to have to face this like a man. She took a deep breath and she walked out to the living room.

Lorelai was out there waiting for her, also wearing black. At least her dressed seemed to hide her weight gain well. It probably wouldn't escape the eagle eye of Emily Gilmore but at least she'd look good. Then again Lorelai had bought this dress for this purpose. She suddenly felt guilty for not buying Rory one though, but she hadn't thought of it and it was too late to change things now. She wished that she even had money to buy her daughter a dress but right now her bank account wasn't exactly full. She wouldn't worry about that now though she'd have to be strong for her daughter.

"How bad is it?" Rory asked spinning around for her mother. A bit tough with black heels but she was able to pull it off.

Lorelai looked her daughter over and thought for a moment.

"Well…it doesn't make you look as heavy but…hope her eyes are going" she said truthfully.

Rory grimaced and crossed her arms. She was still steamed at her mother for this. It would have been so easy to teach her good eating habits when she was five but she couldn't do that and she was the one who was paying. Not that she would have wanted her mom to be Mama Kim but an emphasis on salads every once in a while would have been nice.

Her mind quickly turned to her grandmother; she'd worry more about her mom later. She knew this wouldn't be good. She knew that she was walking into a den of wolves, her grandmother being fierce enough to be the entire pack. But she needed to get this over with; she had a knot in the pit of her stomach that wasn't going to go away she got this over with.

"Let's go…" she said putting on a white sweater, which also happened to be a tight fit about her chunky arms.

Meanwhile in Hartford Emily was preparing for the girls arrival tonight. It hadn't been an overly pleasant vacation for them. Well parts of it were but of course they had to see Richard's mother while in London. Just finishing up some business before the awful woman moved her permanently. The idea of being that close to her all the time sent a shiver up Emily's spine. At least when they were at her house she wouldn't insult her for not having things just the way she liked it down to the last little atom.

Emily rubbed her temples; she was still a bit stressed from being with that woman. She hated how she continued to say that all of Lorelai's mistakes in life were her fault. It wasn't as if she hadn't tried to help Lorelai on many occasions but her daughter would not be swayed with common sense. If she told her daughter not to jump off a cliff she would have done it and been proud of it.

At least she had Rory though. Yes they hadn't been able to influence her for her first sixteen years but at least now they could. It wasn't manipulation it was just giving her advice. Like on Yale, they didn't force her hand and if she had chosen Harvard they'd have been just as happy for her but the fact that her husband had shown her Yale didn't exactly hurt. Of course she knew nothing about that but still it was nice to know that Rory did value their opinion. Even if her husband had erred there, at least she could say that they were having an influence on Rory.

There was nothing about her granddaughter that the horrid woman could pin on her. Besides if Lorelai really had been raised that bad then how was Rory so perfect? She'd never say that to her mother in-law but she'd often think it.

As they got closer and closer to the house Lorelai tried to make her daughter feel better.

"Maybe they won't notice. They might be too happy to see you and too tired from the trip to even say anything" she said.

Rory gave her mom a look of disbelief.

"Let's just drop this. It's going to suck and well there's nothing I can do. I should have been running more, stupid cold weather" she said huffing. She wished she had some sort of time machine so she could go back to the beginning of college and tell herself to stop snacking. Okay maybe not that far maybe twenty five pounds ago. She'd still know Scott and if she lost just ten her grandmother would have been happy. Instead though she was overweight, she had checked her BMI before leaving and nearly had a panic attack when it said she was overweight.

Of course she told herself that was an oversimplification. She was only a little bit over and maybe her bones were big or she had put on muscle in her legs from running. But even those seemed like weak excuses to her. She sat in the car, her legs moving up and down nervously, with her paunch resting on her legs. She took a deep breath to calm down. It would only be a few hours. She could deal with that, couldn't she?

Eventually they arrived there and Rory was the first out of the car. It was killing her now she just needed to get this over with as quick as possible. She also noticed that moving that fast seemed to wear her out a bit now and her breathing became heavier than before. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Lorelai touched her daughters back lightly, noting the softness there.

"Just relax and don't let her get to you. She'll say stuff but just nod and agree with her. If you fight her it's just going to be worse" she said to her daughter. Then she rang the doorbell and waited for this weeks' maid to appear before them.

Per usual the maid greeted them, offered to take their coats, and then showed them to the den. Richard happened to be in there reading the paper when he looked up to see his daughter and granddaughter. Almost immediately his face fell but he was able to disguise it. Both of them had grown outward. Oh this wasn't going to be good tonight, he had been hoping for a drama free night. They were rare but they had been known to happen. Well he wasn't going to be the one; Emily would say something when she came downstairs.

"Ah Lorelai, Rory, how nice to see the two of you. What would you two like to drink? I hope your holidays' were well." he said getting up. He knew he shouldn't be doing this but his wife would kill him if he didn't play the good host.

"I'll have a martini, dry," Lorelai said relieved that her father wasn't saying anything. He had the look of shock on his face for a moment but was polite not to insult her. Why couldn't her mother be more like him? Of course he would have said something but Emily would say all that needed to be said tonight.

"I'll just have water," Rory said feeling some relief, at least her grandfather was being nice about this.

"Ah yes, that's good though water is so much better for you then soda. Although I do enjoy one every so often," he said. Okay it was a bit of a blow but his wife was going to do a lot worse. He could hear her walking down the stairs. Where was his Advil?

Emily walked down the stairs smiling widely. She had wanted to be done right when they arrived but of course they'd be a few minutes early. One could never tell what the two of them were going to do on a given night. She walked into the den.

"Hello girls" she said her smile morphing into a frown and her eyes widening when she saw them.

What the hell had happened to them? She blinked a few times. This couldn't actually be them could it? Lorelai looked about 30 pounds heavier and Rory looked like a blimp. She could feel the panic starting to set in. Oh god this was bad. She couldn't have a fat daughter and granddaughter' well in theory Lorelai could be pregnant.

No, she had to shake that image from her head. Her daughter wasn't dating anyone but then again that would be Lorelai, not tell them who she was seeing and then get pregnant it's not like she actually shared her life with them. The big issue though was Rory, she thought she had shamed her into losing weight months ago and yet here she was bigger than ever. Oh drastic action needed to be taken, she wasn't getting the blame for this, and besides it just made her look downright disgusting.

The entire room stood silent for a moment. Everyone knew what Emily was thinking. Richard was going to stay out of his wife's way no need for him to get his head chopped off. Lorelai was going into defensive mode; she would not let her daughter be lectured by her mother. She was the one who raised Rory, not her. Rory hung her head, not the best move considering it showed off her corpulent double chin but she wasn't worried about that. At least it was over with now was the quiet before the storm, she just had to see how her grandmother was going to react.

"I see you both had a very nice Christmas," Emily said as she sat down on the couch. Luckily she was doing salads first tonight, she'd just tell them to be sure to bring out less for both her daughter and granddaughter. Richard came over and handed her a drink. She took a sip of it.

"Well yes mom it was a very nice Christmas, how was your trip?" Lorelai asked knowing this was a trap but not sure how yet.

"Oh it was fun, I swear though it is so hard to try and keep your figure in Europe. So much good food there but you two would know something about that." Emily said. There she put it out there, she could see her daughters face turning red right now and steam coming out of her ears. Oh well small sacrifices they couldn't just ignore the elephant in the room or at least the two of them slowly yet surely becoming elephants.

Lorelai gave a tight smile while Rory looked like she was about to throw up. She couldn't stand it anymore; she just had to say it.

"Okay, yes I've put on more weight. I kind of stopped exercising once I got home" Rory said standing up and showing off her body for all to see.

Emily looked over her granddaughters' body and sighed.

"Yes, you have gained a lot of weight Rory. How could you let this happen to yourself? And Lorelai how could you not notice this?" she asked her.

"Me? Hey Rory is an adult" she said looking at her mother like she was crazy. Although she did feel bad about this because she knew she should have said something but she wasn't going to admit that to her mother.

"Okay well we've let this go on long enough. Rory you're getting a personal trainer. It is unbecoming of a young woman to be this heavy, especially someone like you. Looking at your face I don't even recognize my granddaughter, you look different and it doesn't look good," she said staring at her granddaughter and sizing her up. She was bottom heavy well thank god for small miracles looking at her above her waist it was still bad but that could be hidden. Those thick thighs she was trying to hide couldn't be hidden so simply though.

"Wow mom, really? I mean it's just some extra weight," Lorelai said getting ready to blow up at her mother.

"Lorelai when this started it was a little bit of extra weight. If she doesn't put a stop to it she'll end up one of those obese women who can't fit into chairs, is that what you want? Besides I wouldn't be defending her if I were you. It seems that your eating habits have finally caught up to you," she said glaring at her daughter's thicker figure.

"If you want I'm sure that a trainer could be found for both of you" she said sipping on her drink.

Lorelai sucked in her stomach; while true she was still furious. This was no big deal for either of them. Okay maybe it was for Rory but still it wasn't the end of the world for her. Some exercise was all that they really needed. She was ignoring the fact the fact that Rory's little bit of fitness had made no difference all it did was stabilize her weight.

Rory blinked back tears. Nothing her grandmother was saying was untrue but it still felt like she was being punched in the gut.

"I guess a personal trainer wouldn't be the worst thing" she said bending to her grandmothers will. It was just easier this way and besides they were paying for Yale.

Lorelai shook her head.

"We don't need personal trainers. It's fine and we're fine. We're not unhealthy or anything and is this how it's going to be? We'll come here and you'll insult us?" Lorelai asked standing up and huffing and puffing at her parents.

Richard decided that it was time to step in. While he agreed with his wife she wasn't thinking straight at the moment.

"Now the agreement is that Rory has to come but you do make a good point. As long as you're trying to lose weight it won't be brought up" he said looking over at his wife. She could put her shields up and end up saying things she would regret later and the last thing he wanted was yet another fight with his daughter. Her not talking to them didn't affect him as much as his wife but it still bothered him and he'd be dammed if it happened again.

Emily thought about it for a moment.

"Fine…but every two weeks I would like to see how it's going" she said.

Both Lorelai and Rory looked at them like they were nuts. Rory didn't want them to know something so personal about them but they were paying for Yale and this was for her own good. She would like to fit into her old clothes again and it without Janet there with her she well she sucked at losing weight. Lorelai just shook her head at them. There was no way that she was going to let her parents know something that personal about them. She wasn't going to let her mother know something so personal about her. It made her mad.

"No, you don't need to know that. We're not puppets that you can control," she said speaking for both of them.

Emily thought it over, well she supposed that she could find someone for them and get updates that way. Besides it was going to warm up and it wasn't like they would keep wearing layers in the spring and if they did she'd know why they were doing that.

"Fine…you're right I don't need to know that. I'm just doing this for your own good. Neither of you will find a man if you're not at least trying to lose weight" she said.

This was going to be a very pleasant dinner they all thought. Rory was relieved though; it could have been a lot worse but her words turned her mind to Scott, what was he going to think? She bit her lip. She'd worry about that later she was just going to be happy that her grandmother didn't squeeze her love handle. Lorelai thought the same thing, but Jason liked her for her. No way would he have chased her like that if he didn't find her that alluring. Still tonight could have been a lot worse.

The maid came in and said that dinner was ready.

"Let's go and try not to inhale the food. Savoring it is important, remember quality over quantity" she said to both of them.

Maybe she had thought too soon.

swiggy3000

Weight: 178 lbs

Chapter 25

Emily changed her mind about telling the help to serve them less. She needed to see just how bad this was and if they were even trying. She was going to put the food in front of them and see if they could resist. She actually went into the kitchen and told them to up the servings just a little bit. At least then she would know if they were serious about dieting, if needed she'd call in the best dietician on the Eastern seaboard to help the two of them. They both needed to lose weight and fast. She walked by Rory and grimaced as she noted how much of the chair she was filling up now.

"Well I'm sorry about that I just needed to discuss something with them. Now go ahead and dig in, you both know that you want to," she said. She had promised herself she wasn't going to say anything but she held her tongue for months and this is what she got. She wasn't going to be silent now.

Both of them started picking at their salads not sure if they should really be eating or not.

"You know mom we're both pretty hungry. We had a light lunch today" Lorelai said adding a bit more dressing to her salad. It was her body and her mother wasn't going to control her. Rory just looked at her like she was crazy.

"Yeah, we just had sandwiches. Peanut-butter and jelly," Rory said. That was the truth of course they also ended up splitting a bag of chips but her grandmother didn't need to know that.

"Well a light lunch is good; a light dinner would have been good too. But I didn't know that. Oh well I promise next weeks' dinner will be a bit lighter" she said decievingly, knowing what was coming.

"That's perfect grandma. So did both of you have a good time in Europe?" Rory asked trying to get the subject off their weight.

"Ah I was perfect; we helped your great-grandmother and then went around the continent for a bit. I was able to find you a couple of first editions to add to your collection," Richard said smiling at his granddaughter.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that," Rory said being the humble woman that she always was.

"No thanks needed. I'll get them for you after dinner," he replied.

"That's very nice of you, did you get me anything?" Lorelai asked knowing she probably wouldn't like the answer but hey there was the chance that her mother had bought her a dress or something of the like.

"Well we brought both of you marzipan but I'm not sure that's the best thing for either of you at the moment," Emily said.

"Oh Emily, even if they are on a diet I don't think a little bit of that would hurt. It's not like we can have it lying around. Just be sure that's your one sweet for the evening," he said. Rory nodded at him and Lorelai just smiled tightly. Why did her parents have to be so controlling all the time? Both she nd her daughter were fine, maybe a bit heavier but one trip to the doctor would prove that both of them were perfectly healthy. Although any doctor would tell them that after gaining that much weight they should be dieting. But there was a reason that Lorelai wasn't a doctor.

Rory and Lorelai ended up eating all of their salads. Well that didn't bother Emily at all; at least they were eating something nutritious and at least Rory didn't give hers a bath when it came to dressing. Lorelai was going to be a hard nut to crack but she wasn't going to let either of them become obese. As long as she still had a pulse she was going to get both of them at reasonable weights. Honestly if Lorelai only lost ten pounds she'd be fine but she just couldn't get fatter; that would be unacceptable.

The dinner tonight was prime rib. Well it could have been worse for the two of them. Still they were given fairly big pieces of meat Lorelai was also on her third roll while Rory was trying to stop at two but the buttery goodness that was the rolls was hard for her to resist. She went to grab another one hoping that Emily wouldn't notice but Emily having the eyes of a hawk of course noticed and couldn't help but say something, only not directly.

"You know I keep reading all of these articles saying that really bread just isn't that good for you. Apparently bread, especially white bread is no better than downing a packet of sugar. It's really making me think about buying less bread. I'm certainly eating less of it. Because really when you have more than a bit of bread I can't imagine that your body actually needs that much," she said looking at both of them. Lorelai grabbed another roll while Rory nibbled on her roll before leaving most of it on her plate. Her stomach rumbled a bit as she started eating her prime rib.

Dammit why did her grandmother have to hire people who made food taste so good? She knew that she really shouldn't finish all of it but it just tasted so good and she was really hungry. No, she needed to stick to her diet. She hadn't been doing that at all winter break and was paying the price. Besides she looked at her piece. It was huge and some months ago she'd have no problem eating all of it. But now with her metabolism as slow as a snail the excess she ate would just be turned to fat. Thinking of that she made sure to avoid all of the fatty bits on her meat. There were only a few but still she didn't want to eat them.

Unfortunately for Rory once conversation got started at the dinner table she just kept on eating and didn't even realize she was doing it. Years and years of bantering with her mom, cleaning her plate, and never having to worry about dieting ending up making a perfect storm where if she wasn't watching what she was eating she just kept it up.

"My Rory is the food really that good tonight? Not exactly the best way to start out a diet. Oh well you take after your mother in that sense," Emily said. Rory looked mortified as she looked over her plate. She was dumbfounded, she had really thought that she was only eating half of it but she just kept on eating and eating. It was like that was all she was programmed to do. She felt sick to her stomach. She was going to have to go for a run tonight; she didn't like the thought of all the extra calories sticking to her body in the form of soft fat.

Lorelai just glared at her mother.

"Please, I only dieted once and that was to lose ten pounds," she said falling right into her mother's trap.

"Well perhaps you should start it back up again, it might give you some more room to breathe," she said. Yes this was the cobra in Emily Gilmore coming out right now.

Lorelai put her fork and knife down and glared at her.

"Really mom? I mean really? We told you we're going to start losing weight. Would you like it if we somehow dropped 10 pounds in one night? Because let me tell you that's just not possible," she said.

"Grandma I promise I'm really going to try, I don't like this…"

Rory pinched her waist under the table and continued,

"... any more than you do. It's just…well it's hard" she said really and truly hating her own body.

"Good, I'm glad you realize that because I have to tell you, you look unattractive right now and you do need to get some of the excess flab off of you" Emily said. Rory hung her head and nodded trying to hold it together and succeeding.

Richard glared at his wife, now she was just being unfair to the poor girl. Lorelai had reached her breaking point.

"Alright that's enough! She's your granddaughter mom; you're lovely perfect granddaughter who is still adjusting to college life. Now yes she may have filled out a bit but she's still Rory. I can't believe you'd be that cruel to your own granddaughter. I just can't believe you," Lorelai said standing up.

"Come on let's go" she said to Rory who just nodded at her.

"Lorelai you will not raise your voice at me," Emily said standing up and following them, Richard in tow. Lorelai was more like her mother than she'd ever admit. He didn't understand why neither of them could let things go occasionally but then she wouldn't be the woman he fell in love with or the daughter that he did love, even with all of her mistakes.

"No mom, we came in here expecting this and every moment you just seemed to attack the both of us. Well I'm tired of it, you can't control us. You don't think that Rory hasn't been trying to lose weight? I can attest that she has been trying." Lorelai said.

"Well she's always been failing. There's no reason she should be this heavy at this age. It makes her look like a greedy pig and that she was never taught proper discipline by you which comes back to me. Which might be right considering how you're looking," Emily said poking Lorelai's, regretting the pig part a bit when she saw the look on Rory's face.

Her mind was racing. This had turned out worse than she had ever imagined, she needed to get out of here and fast.

"I'll see you next week" she said in a small voice as she walked out the door and to the Jeep. She wasn't looking forward to next week. No queston that she needed to lose this weight, now her grandmother thought she was a pig. Maybe her mom was right about them after all. If her grandparents thought this just imagine what her boyfriend Scott would think! Rory felt like throwing up.

"Wow…I never thought I'd see the day when you could be this cruel to your own granddaughter. I'm speechless here and that doesn't happen often. By the way you really didn't need to pinch my waist but I guess that's Emily Gilmore for you" Lorelai said shaking her head in disgust and heading out to the Jeep passing Jason on the way.

He stopped to talk to her,

"Not now" she snapped and walked straight to the Jeep so she and Rory could get out of here faster.

Jason walked into the house to see a fuming Emily Gilmore and a very stressed out looking Richard.

"Is now a bad time for those papers?" he asked.

The ride back home was filled with silence for the most part. Once they got closer Lorelai started talking. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that. You know you're a great kid and you don't deserve that."

Rory sighed. "I really don't want to talk about it. I'm heading for a gym tomorrow. I need to get all of this off of me" she said nervously. She needed to do something. Honestly she wanted to eat but she knew that it wasn't healthy. Still right now she felt like she could eat a whole pie. She knew she had to stop this emotional eating. She needed to stop these cravings. She was disgusted right now as she felt her thighs touching each other.

Lorelai sighed.

"Just ignore what your grandmother said. That's not you and if you want to lose weight then lose weight but don't let my mother guilt you into it. As long as you're happy and healthy, and I'm sure you're healthy a doctor would say that" Lorelai said.

Rory sighed. "I don't want to talk about this right now. I'm going to keep trying to lose weight and I'm going to try harder. Tomorrow I'm going to a gym and finding a trainer. I just…I need to do this" she said firmly.

That was the final word for her. Tomorrow would be the gym and then next week she'd see Scott. Okay if she could just lose some weight by then everything would be good. It had to be. She couldn't stand the thought of him breaking up with her because she had gotten too fat.

(Continued in post 47 of this thread)

Ssaylleb

i'm loving this story. i like Rory's struggles with her body acceptance and Lorelei now plumping up nicely too :)

can't wait for the next instalment

Ocean

This story isn't nearly getting enough love.

I love how you've depicted the weight gain, it's one of the more realistic takes I've seen on it. While it's no bad thing, most stories tend to have the gainer delighted with their gain, or come around to the idea in record time. It really is refreshing to see a more realistic reaction from Rory.

Rory's ignorance at the start is brilliantly done, you can really see why the girl didn't notice her gain, and when she did, was desperate to blame everything else. Insisting that she had Lorelai's metabolism and that the dryers must have shrunk her clothes were a lovely touch.

You built up to Rory eating more in another realistic manner. Snacks here and there while she was distracted, college food as a whole, and the fact she just wasn't moving as much as she used to. It's realistic, it's believable, and it fits in with Rory's personality.

And then Rory's reaction to being heavier, again, very well done. Weight gain is something that most women dread, and it's brilliant to see it shown in stories like these. And Rory's reaction was incredibly in character, the dread of getting bigger, the frustration when her efforts didn't pay off, and even the shame of being bigger than she used to be; anyone who's struggled with their weight can tell you that this hits close to home.

The pace of weight gain is nice and steady, and it fluctuates, which is a nice touch. I like how you explained it, that Rory was attempting to behave on her diet, and yet continually cut corners, believing it was fine for various reasons. This is another point that comes up in dieting, and you explored it really well.

I've watched Gilmore Girls several times over the years, and you've gotten the characters down pretty well. Lorelai, Paris and Emily in particular are really well written, and the rest aren't too far behind. I like the nods that you give to the show, like the Friday night dinners, Stars Hollow being obsessed with Rory to the point of noticing her gain, etc. It shows you know the show.

One suggestion would be concerning Scott. He's an original character, right? I don't seem to remember him, but then again I was never an avid fan myself. He seems a little off so far, a little too perfect. Some more of his 'goofy' moments would be nice to see.

Another concerns Lorelai's gain. While appreciated, it seems like she started gaining out of no-where. Did I miss something, or did something happen to stop her rushing around quite so much?

Either way, brilliant story! Well done for writing such a realistic weight gain. I hope to read more from you very soon.

swiggy3000

This story isn't nearly getting enough love.

I love how you've depicted the weight gain, it's one of the more realistic takes I've seen on it. While it's no bad thing, most stories tend to have the gainer delighted with their gain, or come around to the idea in record time. It really is refreshing to see a more realistic reaction from Rory.

Rory's ignorance at the start is brilliantly done, you can really see why the girl didn't notice her gain, and when she did, was desperate to blame everything else. Insisting that she had Lorelai's metabolism and that the dryers must have shrunk her clothes were a lovely touch.

You built up to Rory eating more in another realistic manner. Snacks here and there while she was distracted, college food as a whole, and the fact she just wasn't moving as much as she used to. It's realistic, it's believable, and it fits in with Rory's personality.

And then Rory's reaction to being heavier, again, very well done. Weight gain is something that most women dread, and it's brilliant to see it shown in stories like these. And Rory's reaction was incredibly in character, the dread of getting bigger, the frustration when her efforts didn't pay off, and even the shame of being bigger than she used to be; anyone who's struggled with their weight can tell you that this hits close to home.

The pace of weight gain is nice and steady, and it fluctuates, which is a nice touch. I like how you explained it, that Rory was attempting to behave on her diet, and yet continually cut corners, believing it was fine for various reasons. This is another point that comes up in dieting, and you explored it really well.

I've watched Gilmore Girls several times over the years, and you've gotten the characters down pretty well. Lorelai, Paris and Emily in particular are really well written, and the rest aren't too far behind. I like the nods that you give to the show, like the Friday night dinners, Stars Hollow being obsessed with Rory to the point of noticing her gain, etc. It shows you know the show.

One suggestion would be concerning Scott. He's an original character, right? I don't seem to remember him, but then again I was never an avid fan myself. He seems a little off so far, a little too perfect. Some more of his 'goofy' moments would be nice to see.

Another concerns Lorelai's gain. While appreciated, it seems like she started gaining out of no-where. Did I miss something, or did something happen to stop her rushing around quite so much?

Either way, brilliant story! Well done for writing such a realistic weight gain. I hope to read more from you very soon.
Well thank you. This does make me feel better and yes Scott is an original character. Don't worry Lorelai will be more explained in later chapters.

swiggy3000

Weight: 179 lbs

Chapter 26

Rory went directly to bed once they got home. She was in full on depression mode and was thinking of a way to change it. First off she needed to lose weight that much as clear to her. She could call her grandparents up and they'd probably be willing to pay for a trainer. They said they would last night but that would mean talking to her grandmother and suddenly she found herself getting very nervous and very hungry again.

She had changed into a pair of blue sweats and a white t-shirt last night. She needed to go and get some coffee. She went into the kitchen and saw her mom sitting there clicking some coupons. Oh well she wasn't going care too much about that right now, she just needed coffee.

"Morning…" Lorelai said unsure of how to handle her daughter in a situation like this. Yes her grandmother had gotten mad at her before but she had never called her a pig.

"Good morning" Rory mumbled as she poured herself a cup of coffee and looked for a breakfast. Unsurprisingly there was nothing there that would be considered health food. Hell there wasn't even cereal, only pop tarts. "Don't we have anything healthier?" she asked annoyed. She was still cranky from last night and her blood sugar was getting a bit too low.

Lorelai shook her head no; she knew her part now though. She had to play the sensitive and caring mom. Something that Emily Gilmore never understood how to do. "Rory…relax and have a pop tart. My mother was way out of line last night. You're fine just the way you are" she said smiling.

Rory opened her jaw and just shook her head at her mother. "Are you insane? I mean I know you're trying to make me feel better but really? Are you that crazy? This is not fine!" Rory said lifting up her shirt and grabbing her stomach flab. "This doesn't look good and…it's unhealthy. This is what I'm trying to lose. I know that I should be happy with my body but I'm not and I need to change it. Now do we have anything healthy?" she asked snapping at her mother and dropping her shirt back down.

Lorelai wasn't used to her daughter acting like this around her. "Hey, I'm not the one who yelled at you last night. You don't have to bite my head off and we have what we have" Lorelai said to her.

"Hey! This is partly your fault. You could have taught me proper eating habits. Don't be gluttonous you could have told me. Instead it was eat whatever you want" she said feeling hungry and frustrated. She needed to get something semi healthy and went to get her coat and shoes. If there was nothing healthy here then at least there'd always be something healthy at Luke's she could eat.

"Excuse me? Hey I let you be your own person. Besides last time I checked you weren't living under my roof when you blew up like this" she said regretting the words as soon as they left her mouth. Rory's big blue eyes grew wide as she looked at her mom. They stood there in silence for about a minute. "I'm going to Luke's, be back later" she said. She needed to get away from her mom right now. Great now she was in a fight with both her grandma and her mom. Ugh she didn't need this. She walked to Luke's as fast as she could albeit a bit slower than she had been able to a year ago.

By the time she walked into Luke's she was steaming mad, she didn't even care if people saw her wearing sweats although maybe she should have she was giving the other patrons a view of her expanded rear end. "Luke I need three pancakes, with bacon, sausage, and toast. Cup of coffee too" she said, snapping just a little bit at him.

Luke took one look at her and knew that something was wrong. This wasn't like Rory and Lorelai wasn't with her. He could tell by the look in her eyes that she was hurting. "Alright, come on" he said waving her away from the counter.

"What?" Rory asked confused, all she wanted was breakfast and now Luke was acting weird. Could today get any worse?

"Come on, I need to talk to you about something, it'll take two seconds" he said in a calm tone. Rory sighed and joined him in the store room. "What do you want?" she asked quickly. Luke looked over her and shook his head. She had gained more weight and it was Saturday. He had heard how badly it went the last time she was at her grandmother's. He could only assume that Emily had been rude to her.

"Nothing's up, I'm just hungry and I want my food" she said stomping her foot a bit causing her entire body to jiggle.

"Rory, last time I checked when one is dieting they don't order bacon and sausage. What happened to change that? Because you seemed pretty gung ho there for a while about losing weight and…well I just want to be sure it's what you really want" he said hoping that came out right.

Rory crossed her arms and sighed. "It's…nothing…I mean…I'm still dieting…it was just a bad night and morning. My grandmother called me a pig and I swear my mom just acts like I'm not different at all which is normally okay but she just keeps all of this junk in the house and I can't stop eating and…and" she said as tears came to her eyes. She had cried a bit last night but now she just couldn't stop herself. God she was just a fat blubbering mess in front of Luke, she didn't like this at all.

Luke wasn't really sure what to do. He had never really encountered a crying Rory before sure he had dealt with an emotional Lorelai but this was different. He wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back lightly. "Hey hey it's okay. I mean okay it's not a perfect situation. You're not a pig. Hell a lot of people gain weight in college. You can always lose weight but…look I'll be honest you're not going to lose weight if you're eating that kind of breakfast. Now, how about I get you some coffee, no sugar and oatmeal with a hint of cinnamon" he said. He didn't really know what else to do. Hell normally he wouldn't have even brought her back here but there was just something in her voice and her eyes that made him do it.

Rory sniffled a bit and wiped the tears from her eyes. "That'd be great and I'm sorry about this and the way I walked in. I'm just so stressed out by all of this…" she started before he stopped her. "Hey don't be stressed. It's not good for you and if that's what you order when you're stressed then it's really bad. I don't mean in general I just mean for your diet because well you do want to lose weight" he said.

Rory smiled at him. "I know what you mean Luke it's just…well it's hard I feel like a whale and I just want to feel like myself again" she mumbled blushing with embarrassment that she was telling Luke all this stuff but she needed to get it off her chest and she really felt that her mom was going to be no help in this manner.

"Yeah well no matter what you'll always be Rory, now come on I've got customers out there and we'll get you that oatmeal" he said smiling as they left the storeroom. She certainly seemed less tense now. He did wonder what kind of fight she and Lorelai had gotten into but frankly it was none of his business. He poured her a cup of coffee and went to help the other customers. Yeah it was nice having Lane around to help but she was working lunch and dinner. Oh well he'd just have to deal with the breakfast rush.

Rory calmed down as she had another cup of coffee. She regretted sitting at the counter though when she realized how small it felt in relation to her butt. But it was busy and it wasn't like she could just take a table. Besides that would be rude without her mom there. She felt a little guilty over the way that she talked to her mom earlier today but she stood by what she said. It probably wasn't normal to go to four Thanksgivings in one day and plan to eat food at every one.

After Luke brought out her oatmeal she started eating it grimacing as she tasted it. The cinnamon helped a lot but still it just tasted bland. She was going to have to start looking into cereals instead of pancakes, no chocolate cereals of course. As she ate she started thinking it might be worth it to see if her grandmother would hire a nutritionist at least then she'd have someone telling her what to eat so she wouldn't end up cheating on her diet. She played with her spoon for a bit.

"Oatmeal not doing it for you?" he asked looking at her.

"Not really, I mean it's really good just…bland as compared to what I normally eat" she said looking enviously at the people surrounding her who were eating bacon. God how she wanted just one of those greasy strips with her oatmeal, she sighed and went back to eating it.

"Hold on a minute" Luke said. He grabbed an apple and started slicing it into the oatmeal for her. "Might add a bit more taste to it" he shrugged.

Rory took another bite and smiled at him. "It's not bacon but it does help, thanks Luke" she said starting to feel a bit better now that she had food in her body. It also gave her a chance to think too, she needed to start working out in a serious matter. Just running wasn't going to do it anymore. She needed to go to a gym. The only ones she knew of that would be close though were by Yale. That would mean leaving home a bit earlier but she wasn't sure her body could handle waiting another week. That's when she made her decision she needed to get back to Yale yes it would disappoint her mother but all she needed to do was look at the food in the house. She knew she shouldn't be eating that stuff.

Rory went to grab her wallet to pay him but soon realized that leaving the way she did she had apparently forgotten to grab any money. She was blushing was again when Luke came back over. "Luke…can I pay you later? I kind of…well I forgot my wallet" she said. Luke just waved her off.

"It's fine, you were stressed and this one is one the house. Consider it a New Years gift" he said. Rory smiled at him. "Thanks Luke" she said lifting her bulk away from the counter, she'd leave him a big tip next time. Luke watched her leave and shook his head; yeah she really didn't need those pancakes. It was just amazing how much her figure had changed on her. Well long as she was actively dieting he was going to do all he could to help her lose weight.

Rory walked; well at this point her thighs had grown so much it was becoming more of a waddle, back to the house feeling better than before. She knew what she had to do. She had to get packed, and get back to Yale. She was allowed back into the dorms now and she'd beat the rush getting back there early. She'd just tell Scott they could meet at Yale again. She moved her mind off that topic, but she did feel a bit more secure than the last time. He had stayed with her when she had gained 10 pounds before and she was almost certain that he would again.

"I'm back…" she said to her mom as she walked in. During the intervening time Lorelai had heated up instead of cooling down. Yes she felt bad about what she said but Rory shouldn't have just walked out like that. She had been in such a bad mood she had eaten three packs of pop tarts. It just made her feel like she was right and Rory was being a child. They were talking and she just walked out. She also insulted what she had in the house. Oh she was not in a happy mood. Of course she had only eaten pop tarts which were basically pure sugar and coffee. Not the kind of nutrition a body really needed.

"How was Luke's?" she asked coldly as Rory went into her room and started packing up her stuff. Rory noted the coldness and was even surer of her decision to get out of there.

"It was fine, Luke was Luke and I'm going back to Yale" Rory said quickly as she started throwing stuff in her bag. She couldn't look at her mother she knew it was going to hurt her but she just couldn't stay there.

Lorelai was dumbfounded. "What? Why are you going back to Yale? We still have a week together" she said wondering where this was coming from. She had been so good to her this winter break and here her daughter was just up and leaving. She felt immensely hurt that her daughter didn't want to spend more time with her.

"Yeah well…I want to beat the rush and honestly I want to start hitting the gym that's on campus" she said walking to the bathroom to grab her stuff. "I just need to get someplace where I can lose weight" she said honestly hoping her mother would understand.

Now if Lorelai had cooled down a bit she would have understood but right now she still had a bit of a temper brewing within her. "What? You really think that's going to help you? Because last time I checked Yale is where you gained most of your weight missy" Lorelai said. She would regret everything she said later but right now she wasn't thinking.

Rory looked at her mother and just shook her head. "Well thank you for making this an easy choice. I was feeling bad but I just…I need to get out there and do some more stuff. I've just been sitting around and well let's face it you don't exactly have health food around this place. I can't think of a gym that's close and it's too cold to go running most days. I just…I need space" she said in as calm a manner as she could.

Lorelai wasn't letting it go though. "You can do all that here. We can do push-ups or something. Besides you're the one who sits around all day it's not like I tie your fat ass to the couch" she said just like Emily Gilmore. Her eyes widened and her hand went right to her mouth. She hadn't meant to say that. She really hadn't. She was just so hurt that Rory was leaving and well she was still mad. She knew that there was nothing that she could really say to her to make it better though.

Once again Rory was furious at her mother. She knew that she didn't mean it but this was just too far. She didn't say a word and went to get her bags. She wasn't fully packed but she needed to get out of there. She grabbed all of her stuff and looked back at her mother who had yet to move or say anything else. Rory couldn't let her have the last words.

"You know, you say you're not like grandma but that's exactly the kind of thing grandma would say" she said turning and leaving. She felt awful right now. She hadn't expected her mother to say something like that to her. She knew she was fat now but still she didn't need to hear it like that. She sat down the in her car and once again realized just how much extra cushion there was there. She knew it was wrong but she was going to get a burger and fries for lunch. She needed to feel a bit better about herself. Besides she was going to the gym later. She'd just burn it off there.

Lorelai walked out to the porch to watch her daughter drive off. She couldn't blame her for leaving like this. She felt sick to her stomach. She had really just called her daughter fat to her face. She was just as bad as her mother. She walked back into the kitchen with tears in her eyes, she grabbed a bag of candy she had and went to the couch. She curled up under a blanket and started weeping. She had no idea how she was going to make this alright between the two of them.

swiggy3000

A/N: I was extra creative today so yes it's two count em' TWO chapters!

Chapter 27

Emily felt sick to her stomach as she went to bed on Friday night. She woke up the next morning feeling sicker than before. Richard, God bless him, had not said anything to her. She knew she deserved it though. She hadn't meant to say all of those things to Rory. She had just gotten so riled up in an argument and the shock of seeing her so heavy, she stopped herself there. There was no excuse for calling her granddaughter a pig. There were few times in her life that she would admit that she was wrong and this was one of them. She was just so worried about what people would think and then she got so worked up. She had to be the worst grandmother ever.

Since waking up this morning she had been sitting by the phone debating if she should call Rory enough. Would she even take her call? This was killing her inside. She had lost Lorelai once and probably would again but she had always known that Rory would be there. Now it seemed that she had burnt that bridge as well. Richard came into the room and sighed.

"You should just call her. You're only torturing yourself" he said sitting down to read the paper. Emily squirmed uncomfortably.

"I should be. I was far too cruel to her. I called our granddaughter a pig Richard. I don't know how she'll ever forgive me" she said looking down at her shoes. She knew Rory would still come around but she wouldn't really want to. She had tried so hard to make this a place where Rory would want to come and in one night had destroyed three and a half years of hard work.

"Emily, look at me" he said putting his paper down so he could look into her eyes. "Rory is a forgiving girl she forgave me when I…was less than friendly with her first boyfriend. Just call her and at the very least leave her a message saying that you're sorry. She'll be more likely to forgive you quicker if you take the first step" he said. Emily knew that her husband was right. She wasn't going to risk getting Lorelai on the phone so she called Rory's cell.

Rory was currently sitting in front of a McDonald's debating if she should go in or not. She had been sitting there for about thirty minutes. She knew that she didn't need the food and remembered how Luke had calmed her down earlier, she really wanted it now and was about to exit her car when her cell rang. She was just going to ignore it assuming it was her mom but decided to check who it was. She sighed, it was her grandmother. She should just ignore it but she might be calling to apologize and it would be rude to ignore her. First insult though and she was hanging up.

"Hello" she said in a low tone.

"Rory…this is your grandmother. I just wanted to say…I'm sorry. I was wrong last night. You're not a pig and it was wrong of me to say that. I got mad and I said things I shouldn't have even thought. You're a beautiful young woman Rory. I was just shocked and then I got in a bad mood and…well there's no excuse. I was rude to you and no grandmother should ever be rude when they a granddaughter as amazing as you are" Emily said speaking her peace. All she hoped was that her granddaughter would begin to forgive her.

Rory started feeling a little better as she heard her grandmothers' apology. The fact that she was stroking her ego helped a bit too. She was just going to accept the apology and hang up but her grandmother was reaching out to her and she suddenly found herself less hungry and less stressed out. It was like one weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She still had the problem with her mom hanging over her but it was still better.

She let out a sigh. "Thank you grandma, it means a lot to me that you were willing to call and apologize. I know you didn't really mean it but it still hurt and I know I'm heavier I just don't need it brought up all the time" she said pain evident in her voice.

Emily felt her heart breaking when she heard the way that Rory sounded. But it also sounded like she was willing to let her continue to talk. "I know…and it's wrong of me. I just want you to be happy and healthy. I was afraid that if I didn't say anything then it would just spiral out of control for you and I don't want that. You know that your grandfather and I will always love you no matter what, even if you do gain a hundred pounds" she said honestly. True she wouldn't love the extra weight but she'd always love Rory no matter what.

Rory started to soften up just a little bit, she was still wary of a trap but she really did seem sincere in her efforts. "Well thank you that means a lot to me. I was worried that you really meant it and well…look it's just hard. I'm trying to lose weight and nothing is working I'm just not sure what to do and now I'm in a fight with mom…" she said before she could stop herself. She didn't want her grandmother to know that but she was still so frazzled from it she just had to talk about it with someone and didn't know who to turn to and her grandmother was just there.

"Really, why'd you two girls get into a fight? I understand if you don't want to talk about it. I just know how much I hurt you last night and I'd like to be there for you now if you'd like" Emily said wondering what the two of them could have been fighting about.

"Oh it's nothing, it's just a stupid fight and I'm heading back to Yale right now. I just needed to get away and now I'm debating what to eat for lunch or where to even go. I'm just…it wasn't as bad as last night but it was pretty bad" Rory said not caring if she hurt her grandmothers' feelings a little bit. After how she had acted last night she deserved a little bit of pain not knowing just how bad her grandmother really felt about everything.

"I'm sorry…I know you probably want your space now but if you ever want to talk or need some place to stay our door is always open. I understand if you want to head back to Yale" she said. Rory sat there for a moment and weighed her options. Going back to Yale she'd be alone but she could be alone at her grandparents too. She had been so close to walking in and once again ruining her diet if she felt down tonight there'd be nothing to stop her from ordering pizza and stuffing herself like she used to. The thought of biting into the hot and gooey cheese made her smile, she could just do that. But the thought of adding any more weight to her figure was distressing to say the least.

"Grandma, do you promise that you won't insult my weight any more no matter how mad you get?" she asked suddenly. "You can bring it up and we can have an adult discussion but if you're going to call me a pig…" she said not adding in the part of never wanting to go there again.

Emily's heart soared. She may not have a hundred percent forgiveness but this was certainly a start. "Rory you have my word that I will not insult your weight or be harsh about it. I may ask how the weight loss is coming along but that's it. I don't want you to dread coming here" she said. Well this wasn't perfect if she never lost weight. But it wasn't like there weren't a few of her DAR friends' daughters who had never been to a fat farm and she knew for a fact at least three had liposuction. So maybe just maybe she had overreacted. There was still her mother in-law to worry about but she could never please that woman anyway. She'd rather have her granddaughter's love than her mother in-laws approval.

Rory thought about it. "That's fair, thank you for apologizing to me. I don't know what was going on last night but it hurt me and the fact that you did call me and I didn't have to call you means a lot. We can try a do over tonight. Would it be alright if I came over for the day? I'm not sure I really want to go back to Yale yet" she said. She wouldn't be able to exercise as much but she knew that she'd eat less and that was probably her bigger problem right now.

Emily's heart rose. She actually wanted to come back and was willing to do it tonight. Of course the reason for this was her fight with Lorelai and the fact that she had been the first one to really call her. If Paris had called about something she'd have probably been asking the same thing of her or Scott had he called. She just didn't want to be someplace where she'd be all alone for an extended period of time. She'd start thinking about her mom, feel depressed and then pig out. She needed to get over this emotional eating. She took a deep breath now as not the time to worry about it.

"Of course you can come over tonight Rory. You know that you're always welcome and I'm sure that your grandfather would love to have you over here too. He never did give you your books yesterday" she said kicking herself for accidentally bringing up last night even though she was trying to entice her even more.

"Can we do what I want for dinner?" Rory asked. This was the true test for her. If her grandmother allowed her to pick out dinner then she was truly sorry.

Emily bit her lip. Well how bad could it be? "That's fine, what would you like for dinner tonight?" she asked taking out a pad of paper and a pen to write down what she wanted for the maid.

"I want two bacon cheeseburgers with fries and a chocolate shake" she said grinning a bit, waiting to see if her grandmother was really sincere about it.

Emily felt like she was going to have a heart attack. She thought the girl was trying to lose weight. She sighed. "If that's what you really want, then we can do it. I'm sure you've exercised a lot today" she said unable to keep the last part from coming out.

Rory listened and then let out a laugh. The exercise part wasn't really a dig at her but her grandmother seemed to be doing a lot better with it and was willing. She could tell it was hard for her though. Still it was an improvement. "I was joking grandma. I'd actually like some grilled fish tonight, if that's possible" she said as she got ready to start driving again.

Emily felt relief course through her veins, she'd need to be better about little comments like the last one but it was better. She sounded happier too as compared to how she sounded at the start of this conversation. "That would be wonderful would you like anything for lunch?" she asked writing down fish. She'd get salmon or something of the like.

Rory thought about it. "Just a sandwich and just warning you I kind of need a shower" she said.

"Was the fight really that bad?" Emily asked wondering what Lorelai could have said to make her daughter act like this.

"I'd prefer not to talk about it" Rory said telling Emily everything that she needed to know.

"Alright well then I'll see you in a bit drive safe and I love you" Emily said.

"I will and love you too grandma" Rory said hanging up the phone and started driving to her grandparents. She debated telling her mom she was heading this way but decided against it. She'd call her later. She still wasn't in the mood to talk to her mom yet. They could save that for tomorrow.

Emily smiled as she hung up the phone and looked over at Richard. "She's coming over" she said with a wide smile on her face. Richard having listened to the conversation smiled back at her. This was good, they still had Lorelai to worry about but nothing they did ever seemed to make her happy. He was sure she hadn't totally forgiven Emily yet but a good night tonight would cement it. "That will be perfect" he said as Emily went off to plan for tonight.

Meanwhile in Star's Hollow Lorelai was still in wallowing mode, she was trying to get herself out of it quick though. She had to look over stuff at the inn. Michel and Sookie were there and looking over things but it was her inn and she needed to get her ass over there. God had she really said her daughter had a fat ass? Was she really turning into her mother? This wasn't good; no this wasn't good at all. This wasn't the biggest argument they had but this one probably hurt her daughters' feelings the most. She sighed as she looked at the empty bag of candy. It was time to burn some calories. It was cold but she was going to walk over there today. She went and put on her heavy coat and she was off. She was in a bad mood and wanted to call Rory but she probably wouldn't want to talk.

She'd call her tomorrow or later tonight. She just felt this guilt gnawing in her stomach. She needed to get rid of this feeling and fast. Maybe a cheeseburger from Luke's would help…dammit she didn't have the money for it. That wasn't helping her mood either. She'd worry about that after she fixed this with Rory. One thing at a time and right now Tom needed her to look over some stuff. Weren't Saturday's supposed to be fun?

swiggy3000

Chapter 28

It didn't take Rory too long to get to her grandparents. The toughest part was actually going inside. She was worried that this was some kind of trap. But she reminded herself that if any insults were thrown her way Yale wasn't too far away. Eventually she found enough courage to ring that doorbell. They created her as per usual but she wasn't too interested in that at the moment she needed a shower. They nodded and she went up to her room to get nice and clean.

Emily was just happy that Rory was actually here and wanted to have lunch on the table when she came back downstairs. She needed something healthy but not something that made it seem like she was pushing health into Rory's face, so salads were out. Eventually she decided on turkey sandwiches. Turkey wasn't high in fat and it would make a nice lunch for them.

Rory ended up showering and getting dressed fairly quickly. She still put her make-up on and dressed up. In non-revealing clothes of course, sadly a pair of jeans and a black sweater did little to hide the consequences of her indulgences. She decided that now was as good a time as any to get this over with. She slowly made her way downstairs trying not to panic as she came down the stairwell. A lot of good it did her, her grandmother apparently heard her and met her at the bottom of the stairs.

"Rory, you're looking beautiful today" Emily said sincerely.

"Thanks grandma, what's for lunch?" Rory asked sucking in her stomach just a little bit, it wasn't much but it made her feel thinner.

"Turkey sandwiches for the two of us" Emily said guiding her into the dining room.

"The two of us?" Rory asked suddenly confused and afraid. She had been hoping that her grandpa would be there as a buffer between the two of them.

"Oh yes, your grandfather had to go to the office. He'll be home for dinner though. I was hoping he wouldn't have to do in today. But even with Jason he still has to put in a weekend every so often" Emily said with a hint of sadness in her voice but kept her tone that of business.

"Ah well this should be…nice" Rory said sitting down to eat her sandwich. It was strange her grandmother not having some grand spread for lunch. Almost every time she had been here it was a big affair even on her diet. Turkey sandwiches just seemed kind of plan.

That was until the maid brought them out. They weren't huge but they were certainly upscale. This wasn't just sliced turkey on white bread, which is what she had been expecting. No, this was something that you'd order at a deli, only high class. It was strange to see a turkey sandwich like this.

"I wasn't sure what vegetables you'd prefer so I had the maid put a selection on your plate. If you'd like something else I can have them make it for you, soup perhaps?" Emily said.

Rory listened to her grandmother talk she wasn't really saying anything mean to her. In fact she was being downright pleasant. "Grandma, this is perfect. Thank you so much" she said putting lettuce and tomatoes on her sandwich. They sat in silence and ate for about ten minutes before Rory finally broke the silence.

"Grandma how do you stay so fit? I look at mom and something tells me she didn't get her eating habits from you so how do you do it?" she asked. She knew that it was a risk to bring up her weight again but she'd be lying if she said she didn't want to look like her grandmother when she reached that age.

Emily was taken aback by her granddaughter's sudden interest in her fitness. "You do realize this will involve talking about your…figure" she said eager to talk about it but not willing to lose her granddaughter over something like this.

Rory sighed, "I understand that. It's just…what I'm doing isn't really working and mom isn't a real help and well I was just wondering if you had any tips" Rory said her skin turning a light shade of pink.

Emily smiled and her heart rose. Her granddaughter was actually coming to her asking for help with something. Something that had nothing to do with money, she actually wanted her advice. Of course she would have loved for her daughter to ask for her advice too but still this was good enough.

"Tell me what you'd like to know Rory" Emily said sipping on her water.

"I really don't know…what do you do to keep the weight off? Not that you'd be heavy or anything I just mean…"

Emily stopped her there. "I know what you mean Rory and let me give you some tips. Always drink water with meals. Something I've learned in recent years too is to get apple slices with a sandwich instead of fries or chips. Everyday go for a walk of some sort. If you spend the entire day sitting around you burn no calories and won't lose any weight" Emily said figuring those were some good small steps to start with.

"What about Diet Soda?" Rory asked nibbling on her sandwich.

Emily shook her head at her. "Have you read what they put into those? You'd be better off drinking tea, coffee, or water. All those diet soda's tend to do is make you think you're helping yourself when really all you're drinking is something you think is healthy but really they're just rotting away you're pretty teeth" she said. Rory nodded at her and sipped her water.

"That makes sense…" she said licking her teeth. She never really had any cavities but what if she was doing harm to her teeth that could never be repaired. "What about exercises? Something tells me that's not going to help me lose the weight I want" she said feeling a lot better about all of this. It was actually kind of nice talking to her grandmother about this with everyone else it was always there but rarely out in the open. It was like she was truly acknowledging her gain for the first time.

"Well I have a few exercise tapes. I could make a list for you so you can look for them or a few like them. They're pretty simple but if you do them everyday you'll work up a nice sweat and lose weight. It won't be fast like ten pounds in a week like I see on those ads late at night. But you'll slowly yet surely lose weight" she said smiling at her chubby granddaughter. She seemed to really want to try. They spent the rest of the afternoon talking about it. Not in an overly friendly way but in a way that Rory needed help from someone older and wiser. More like a mentor really. It was actually kind of nice not to have someone cracking jokes the entire time they talked.

Before either of them knew it, it was almost time for dinner. Just then Rory's cell rang, it was her mother. She really didn't want to stop talking with her grandmother but she should take this call. "It's mom, I'll be right back" Rory said standing up. Emily sat there sipping on her tea. Yes this had been a good way to spend the day. Thank god she didn't have some prior engagement; she and Rory were actually talking.

"Hello" Rory said flatly to her mother.

"Hey…how are you?" Lorelai asked glad that her daughter had just picked up. She was a prideful woman but she knew what she had done was wrong and she would have to eat her words she could only hope that Rory would forgive her.

"I'm fine. What are you calling about?" Rory said just wanting her mother to get to the point with it.

Lorelai was surprised by her daughter's tone. It was so unlike her. "Well I wanted to talk to you about earlier…why did you go back to Yale?" she asked just spitting that out. She meant to say something else but she was still hurt by the fact that her daughter left her with a week left.

Rory grimaced at the phone. "Well I didn't go back to Yale. I decided to go to grandmas" she said. She knew that would hurt her mother but hey she hurt her was right now she considered them to be kind of even. But really it wasn't even close right now.

Lorelai's eyes widened and she nearly dropped the phone. Once again she was speechless. Why did her daughter go there? It made no sense, wasn't she still furious at Emily Gilmore? "What are you doing there?" she asked in a voice that was just above a whisper.

"Grandma called me today and apologized. So I thought I'd go and see her. She was very gracious about it and she was sincere. It's actually been nice seeing her" she said smiling just a bit. She knew it was wrong to hurt her mother but she'd feel guilty once her mother apologized to her.

Lorelai couldn't believe this, why was her daughter doing this to her? "And you just believed her? It's a trap Rory" she said. Her daughter was too naïve for her own good.

"It's not. She hasn't said anything rude to be at all. In fact she's actually given me good advice on losing weight and she APOLOGIZED" she said basically hitting her mother over the head with the hint that that's really what she was looking for.

"Rory she's just trying to manipulate you. Don't you see that?" Lorelai said ignoring her last comment.

"Mom you're being ridiculous. She's been nothing but nice. She admitted she made a mistake and it's past us"

"Rory you don't understand, she just wants to take advantage of you!"

"Take advantage of me? How by helping me lose weight? Oh yeah mom that's such an awful thing. I mean maybe I should just keep gaining weight" she said rolling her eyes. What had gotten into her mother? In reality Lorelai was so blinded by her bad relationship with her mother that she didn't even think that this might be good for Rory.

"Well if she's manipulating you then yeah it's a bad thing" Lorelai said.

"You're crazy; I'm hanging up the phone. Call me when you're willing to apologize. Besides given how you look your comment was like the pot calling the kettle black" she said raising her voice sharply and closing her cell phone. She was furious at her mother. Couldn't she understand that her grandmother just wanted to help her. Even if she was a bit extreme in her methods.

She walked back in a huff to talk to her grandmother. Emily couldn't help but overhear some of the things that Rory said.

"She didn't apologize?" she asked Rory. Rory's eyes were watering a bit and she shook her head no.

"I don't understand her…I just told her that I was here and she started freaking out" she said holding back a sob. Emily walked over to Rory and pulled her into a hug. She was a bit disgusted as she felt her granddaughters' flabby body but this was more important right now. She started rubbing her back. "Sssshhhh it'll be alright Rory. Just relax and it'll be fine" she said softly as Rory tried to keep herself from crying.

Meanwhile in Star's Hollow Lorelai was pacing around furious at her daughter. How dare she call her fat! True she had done the same to her but still! She debated driving over there to stop her mother from brainwashing her daughter. That's what she was doing, turning her daughter against it. It had happened with Yale and now it was happening again with this. Oh she needed to do something.

There was no way her mother would let her see Rory though. No she needed to do this a different way. She needed time to think. Hell she didn't need this right now though. She felt like she had been stabbed in the back by Rory. She was running out of money and now she lost her daughter. She was feeling sick to her stomach. She needed to talk to someone. She put on her coat and decided to go and talk to Luke. Luke always helped her. She needed his opinion on this. He'd help her fix this. She was sure of it.

(Continued in post 51 on page 3 of this thread)

swiggy3000

i'm loving this story. i like Rory's struggles with her body acceptance and Lorelei now plumping up nicely too :)

can't wait for the next instalment
Ah I just realized that I never responded to you. Well thank you very much. I hope you enjoy the story. A few more chapters should be posted very shortly.

swiggy3000

Weight: 179

Chapter 29

Lorelai pouted the entire way to Luke's. Why the hell was Rory at her mother's? What had her mother been able to do and what lies was she filling into her head? She let out a sigh as Luke's came into sight. At least she had someone to talk to about this. She walked into the diner in a huff and was pleased to find that it was in a lull, only Kirk was there and he wasn't going to be that much of a bother.

"I need a cheeseburger with fries, heavy on the fries" she said sitting at the counter. Not noticing how much smaller the seat under her was as compared to when she had gotten back from Europe.

"Things goin' that great?" Luke asked writing the order on a ticket. He knew how she got when she wanted to talk and something was obviously bothering her.

Lorelai let out a sigh and shook her head revealing a hint of a double chin. Not big but there was a small fold of flesh that had not been there before. "How much time to you have?" she asked laying her head down on the counter. She just wanted to cry. She hadn't felt like this since she first moved to Stars Hollow. Luke could tell that something was wrong with her.

"Alright let's head upstairs, Caesar you're in charge" he said guiding her upstairs.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Lorelai couldn't hold it back any more and starting sobbing openly.

"It's all wrong Luke, my life, Rory, the inn. I just….I can't do it anymore. I'm in a fight with Rory, she's with my mom, I'm running out of money I can't finish the inn. I just…I can't take it anymore" she said crying openly and not embarrassed about it. She had been holding it in for months. She tried to be Wonder Woman and here she was failing. She couldn't fail now, of course she had failed at other things but this was her dream. She was so close and now it was over.

Luke had never been good with crying women. His sister had done it a lot while they were growing up and even now. He had never learned how to deal with it though. But in this case he just had to go on auto-pilot. He didn't even think he just sat down next to hear and started doing his best to comfort her.

"Hey it's not that bad, you and Rory have been in fights before she'll forgive you. She's also gone to your parents before when you were fighting and she came back" he said trying to calm her down and see reason. "How much trouble are you in money-wise?" he asked. He knew that she wouldn't like the subject. She was a proud woman and would but unlikely to accept it but he had to try.

"I'd need about…$30,000" she said in a pitiful tone. It took her a moment to realize what Luke was asking. "Oh Luke I couldn't take money from you. I just…I mean…well it'd be a loan" she said realizing that she didn't have that much of a choice. It was this or start working the street and she wasn't exactly interested in doing that.

Luke nodded and thought it over. Well it really wasn't that much money from a business standpoint. He certainly had it saved up; his thought process was interrupted though.

"I promise I'd pay you back. I'd also like to give you a business presentation just so you know that Sookie and I are good for it" she said wanting this to be more business instead of a handout.

Luke put his hand up. "Lorelai I understand and I know that it's a loan. I do want to invest in you though. I'll be able to write you a check if that's okay" he said. He couldn't not help her, this was her dream and he was going to do everything that he could to help. It was a tall order but business was going great and he had faith in the Dragonfly. He knew that with Lorelai running it, it had the chance to be as successful as the Independence Inn. So to him it wasn't that much of a risk.

Lorelai looked up to him with admiration. "Are you sure you don't want to see the books or anything?" she asked feeling like a weight was being lifted off her.

"Lorelai I know you and I trust you. I also know it must be bad if you're admitting it to me. You don't need any more stress" he said patting her on the shoulder. "Also don't worry about Rory there's no way you two won't work something else. You're attached at the hip" he said doing his best to reassure her.

Lorelai swallowed and dried her eyes on her coat. "Thank you Luke, I…I owe you a lot. I just can't believe that she went there" she said crossing her arms.

"Hey she probably didn't want to be alone at Yale and she wanted to make up with your mom. What did you say to her anyway?" he asked wondering how it had gotten worse since he talked to Rory.

Lorelai's face was already red and puffy from crying but her face somehow got redder from embarrassment. "I made a comment about her weight that I shouldn't have had" she said squeaked out hoping Luke wouldn't judge her too harshly.

Luke kept himself from showing any real reaction. Personally he couldn't believe how dumb Lorelai had been but he wasn't going to make a crying woman feel worse about her life. "Well it could have been worse. Just talk to her tomorrow when things are better and apologize and offer her help losing weight if she's like that" he suggested.

Lorelai just nodded feeling guilty about it. She knew she was in the wrong and wanted to fix it. She had just been stressed before about the Dragonfly and money. After about two minutes of silence Luke spoke up again.

"Come on, let's head downstairs. Your food is on the house" he said.

"Oh Luke…" she started but he waved her off.

"You've had a bad day and consider it part of the loan" he said smiling at her. Lorelai just nodded in appreciation.

"Can I get extra extra fries?" she asked hopefully.

"That stuff will kill ya but why not?" she asked leading her back downstairs.

Lorelai smiled and was feeling better than before. She still wasn't great but now she didn't need to worry about money too much or go back to her parents to ask. Yeah it wasn't great but at least it meant that she could accomplish her dream. She promised herself that she'd pay Luke back just as soon as she could. He was really too good to her she thought as she went back downstairs to eat her mountain of calories.

Meanwhile in Hartford Rory was pushing around the salad on the plate not exactly interested in eating what was on her plate. Emily had filled Richard in on what had happened and he made a note to say anything about Lorelai.

"Is your salad not good Rory?" Emily asked trying to make conversation.

"It's fine grandma, I'm just in a bad mood" she admitted. There was no reason to hide it from her. She had seen her crying earlier and had made her at least somewhat better.

"I think I'm actually going to go up to bed if that's okay with you two. I'm not really hungry" she said looking for permission. Emily nodded.

"I'll have the maid bring you up some apples and peanut butter. A healthy snack and nutritional" she said giving Rory a hint. Rory gave her a smile of appreciation.

"Thank you grandma" she said walking up to her room.

"She's looking well. How bad is the fight?" he asked having only been briefed about it before he went and talked to Rory.

"I swear it's the craziest thing. Lorelai actually called her own daughter fat, can you believe that?" she asked.

"Well you did say similar things to Rory" he said staring at his wife.

She blushed with embarrassment. "Well I had the good sense to apologize the next day. Lorelai just doubled down and made the poor girl feel worse. I'm just glad that she's here" she said feeling that at the very least she could help her granddaughter get started with her real diet. Not whatever support Lorelai was giving her.

Upstairs Rory was laying down on the bed thinking about life in general. She hated fighting with her mom but really it was her mom's own fault. Yes had been a bit sensitive but still it was mostly her mom's fault. She could be more supportive of her efforts. In fact she should go and get some exercise right now.

She lay down on the floor and attempted to do some sit-ups. After all they made you do those in gym so they had to be somewhat good for you. She went into her bags and took out a white t-shirt and pair of sweats. She was ready to try this again.

It went…better than she thought. She had some problems sitting up due to the small roll of fat around her waist but she had been able to force herself to do seven before she needed a break and ended up doing seven more. Her face had become red and her body was coated in a layer of sweat. Okay that was something, she thought sitting up. It wasn't burn that many calories but if she could improve her endurance slowly then in a month she'd be doing a hundred no sweat.

Just then there was a knock on the door. "Come in" Rory said sitting down on the bed. It was her grandmother.

"I just thought I'd bring you up your snack" she said smiling. She took pleasure in Rory's face. It was red, and her breath was a bit strained. She had been exercising. She knew all the girl needed was some tough love to get her moving again. Of course she was assuming that Rory had done more work than she actually had.

"I also brought up the exercise videos too so you don't forget them tomorrow" she said giving her a handful of videos. They weren't exactly hip but they weren't the kinds that were made for senior citizens either.

"Thanks grandma I was just doing some light exercise" she said taking a bite of the apple that had been sliced for her. Emily nodded thinking Rory had done much more work and was just being humble.

"Well I'm glad, calorie burning is calorie burning. Just get some sleep tonight. I'm glad you decided to come over tonight. You know that if you need anything or any weight loss advice you can ask me" she said.

Rory smiled in gratitude. "Thank you so much and thank you for being the bigger person and admitting that you were wrong I hate it when we fight" she said. Emily just smiled at her, knowing that Rory wouldn't be the bigger person for much longer.

"Well just go and get some sleep and you're welcome. I can admit when I'm wrong. I'm not that prideful" she said taking a subtle shot at her daughter. Although it went over Rory's head.

"Goodnight" she said smiling at her and Emily left her. Once Rory was alone she looked at her plate and ate the apple slices as fast as she could. She was still feeling down about her mother and she still had not been able to kick her stress eating habit.

The next couple hours were spent tossing and turning. She just couldn't get her mom out of her mind. It was weighing on her like crazy. Sure she had been strong in front of her grandmother but she was losing it now. She was quietly crying into her pillow. It was just getting to her, she needed to do something. She checked her cell phone. It was a little past midnight and her grandparents would be asleep.

She quietly snuck out of her room and made her way down to the kitchen, once there she started looking around for something to snack on that they wouldn't miss. She knew this was a diet buster but she needed something to get her mind off her mom and eating was the only thing she could think of to do that.

She hit the jackpot when she found a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies, more than likely bought by the maid. She'd feel so guilty tomorrow but right now she did the only thing she could. She grabbed a coke and went back upstairs. The bag was about three-fourths full. Within the next half hours it was empty and she was feeling better. She hid the bag under the bed just in case her grandma came in tomorrow morning. She wanted no evidence of her late night binge.

At least she felt better now and could sleep. How she felt in the morning would be a completely different story.

swiggy3000

One small change to talk about. My starting weight for her was way off. It should have been 122 lbs not 112. At any rate I've gone back and upped her weight by ten pounds throughout the story. Minor error. Nothing really changes. She just starts out at healthy instead of scary skinny. Also I'm really glad I've been able to find the time to start writing this again.

Weight: 180

Chapter 30

Lorelai had a bit of trouble sleeping but slept better than she had in weeks. Just having the money situation off her shoulders was enough to almost make her forget about her fight with Rory, almost. She may have slept better but she woke up the next morning feeling sick to her stomach. She knew that she needed to make this right today. She knew that she had to swallow her pride and just admit that she was wrong. It wouldn't be an easy fix but Rory didn't hold grudges, part of her knew that she didn't deserve to be forgiven but she had to make this right.

After a quick shower Lorelai got dressed, not noticing how constricting her jeans had gotten, put on her jacket and started making her way over to Luke's. She couldn't believe that she had broken down in front of him yesterday. She had gone from angry to depressed in no time flat. She knew that she should have been happy her daughter had a connection with her grandmother. But she just couldn't get away from a nagging feeling that her mother was manipulating her daughter.

Eventually Lorelai made it Luke's which was considerably busy this morning. She was able to find an open spot at the counter. As soon as she sat down Luke put a coffee down in front of her. "Oh come on am I that predictable?" Lorelai asked.

"Only when it comes to coffee" Luke said taking a look around really quick. He reached into his pocket and subtly handed her a check for $30,000.

"You know you don't really have to do this…" Lorelai said putting up token resistance. She really hoped that Luke wouldn't change his mind.

"Don't worry, you need it and I know I'm going to get it back. I have faith in you. Now what will ya have for breakfast?" he asked.

"I'll have pancakes with toast and bacon" she said smiling as she pocketed the check. She sipped on her coffee and she couldn't stop smiling. Luke actually had faith in her. It felt strange for someone to have faith in her. Her parents never seemed like they had and other than Mia, Sookie, and her daughter it seemed like no one believed in her. But here Luke was having no problem loaning her money and telling her that she'd succeed.

She sipped her coffee again and a little something clicked in her mind. It was like she was seeing Luke in a different light now. Rory was forgotten for the moment. Her focus was on Luke and depositing that check. She could go and actually live her life again.

In Hartford Rory had trouble sleeping even after her late night snack. The fight with her mom was getting to her and her stomach wasn't exactly pleased with the influx of sugar into her system. She ended up sneaking out once more during the night and throwing out the bag of cookies in the kitchen. The only one who might find it would be the maid but she'd likely not say anything.

All in all she got about three hours of sleep and looked awful when she finally rolled out of bed. It was about 8 in the morning so her grandparents would be up. She knew that she was looking forward to a breakfast of grapefruit and maybe cereal. She grimaced at the thought of eating that. But at least they meant well, her grandmother just wanted to help her and that was good enough for her.

Still that didn't mean that she was looking forward to eating any of that. But looking down at her bulging belly she knew that it had to be done. If it meant getting back to her cute and tiny form then it was worth it. She took a quick shower and hurried up to get downstairs. She did want to get back to Yale today. It was nice seeing her grandparents but she did want to beat the rush and get things set up for the school year.

She chose not to bother with her hair or makeup too much since she'd be driving and had no one to impress. Still her natural beauty radiated off her. Some would say that with the extra fat around her face that she was glowing. She did not see it that way. She dressed in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. She no longer made any effort to hide her extra weight. Her grandmother had seen it and it was too much work to find really baggy clothes. The shirt and pants were a smidge tight but not enough that she looked bad wearing them.

She made her way downstairs and was not surprised to find a place set for her with a grapefruit sitting on her plate. She smiled. "Good morning" she said sitting down trying to imagine in what world this would taste better than pancakes and bacon to her.

"Good morning Rory, how did you sleep?" Emily asked being polite. Rory didn't want to admit just how bad that she had slept so she put on a big fake smile.

"I slept well, could have been better but it was alright" she said as she started eating her grapefruit.

"Well that's good. I'll have Rosa bring you a bowl of cereal. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you eat it gets your whole body moving" Emily said not even trying to be subtle now. Of course it also helped that it wasn't done in an insulting way. She was just giving Rory little tips to help her lose weight and Rory was taking the information as such and trying to absorb it.

Rosa came in with a bowl of cheerios for Rory. The milk was already in it, skim milk of course. Well this was something at least. She started eating her breakfast and while she didn't love it the food was good for her.

"So Rory are you heading back to school today?" Richard asked looking up from his paper.

"I think so. I want to get back. Thank you both for letting me stay last night. I just…I needed to talk to someone and no one is back at school. Thank you for the advice grandma and the tapes" she said.

Emily would have liked a few more days of giving motherly advice but she couldn't keep her here. So she gave her a smile. "Well you're welcome Rory and just know that if you have any questions or need any more help I'd be pleased to give it. You know how much I care about you" she said sipping her coffee.

Rory was pleased at how well this was going. "Oh don't worry grandma I will. I really want to go and get healthy. I promise I'm going to use those tapes" she said slowly eating her cereal.

Richard rolled his eyes. He didn't care for this talk. Of course he knew that Rory was bigger but he truly didn't care for this kind of talk. "So what classes are you taking this semester?" he asked getting on a subject they could all enjoy.

The rest of the morning was spent talking about school and her plans for the upcoming semester. It was actually a really nice morning and got Rory's mind off her mother. The breakfast wasn't exactly filling but it would be enough to get her to lunch.

After breakfast she went upstairs and took out her cell, her mother still hadn't called yet. She sighed and decided to give her mother half an hour before she got on the road. She didn't exactly feel like talking once she started the drive. So she just sat there on the bed waiting for a call.

Lorelai was actually holding her phone at that moment and biting her lip. The longer she left this wound alone the worse it would get. Still that didn't mean that she was looking forward to talking to her daughter. After about ten minutes of debating with herself she just dialed the number and hoped for the best.

Rory was actually relieved when she saw her moms' number come up. At least she was smart enough to make the first move.

"Hello" Rory said in a sharp tone.

"Hello back to you" Lorelai said lacking her usual perkiness. "How are the grandparents?" she asked figuring that would be a good place to start.

"They're great" she replied keeping her responses short and sharp.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I was…I was angry I was stressed and I was wrong. I know that I shouldn't have taken it out on you or gotten mad that you went to my parents. They're your grandparents and you should go over there whenever you want" Lorelai said tearing up a little bit. She knew how bad she sounded yesterday when she played it over in her mind. She just wanted her daughter to forgive her.

Rory bit her lip. "Mom you have no idea how much that hurt me yesterday," she said blinking back tears. "I know I'm…bigger than usual I'm trying my best I just feel like you're not listening to me and buying healthy food when I'm around and then when I bring it up you just act like I'm crazy" she said.

Lorelai was about to say something but bit her lip. She needed to keep a level head. "You're right. I was cruel to you. I just…I'm not dealing well. I'm not used to dieting and keeping stuff out of the house. I also should not have gotten angry; I need to listen to you more. I'm so sorry Rory, I can't explain how sorry I am that I hurt you" Lorelai said trying to keep her voice steady.

"And this isn't just because you're made and want to keep me from grandma and grandpa?" she asked.

"Rory yesterday was a very very bad day for me. I was wrong on so many levels. I realize that now. I overacted and you don't deserve that. You're a great kid and I love you so much. I just want you to be happy and it's killing me to know that I caused you this kind of pain" Lorelai said her voice breaking. She was glad that she was at home for this. She couldn't break down twice in two days in front of someone else.

Rory heard the pain in her mother's voice and thought it over. "It really did hurt but…I'm glad you at least admit that now. Mom I really want to lose weight and I really need your support on this. I need apples and fruit and salad. Not red vines, m&m's, and pizza" she said stating her case.

"Fine whenever I'm around you or you're home I promise none of the bad food will enter this house or be around you. I didn't realize how much of a temptation it was for you. I'll try and change my habits when you're around" she said.

Rory thought this over her mom seemed sincere. "I'm not going to lie. I'm still mad at you for your comments yesterday morning" she said unable to speak them. "But I know you're stressed with the Dragonfly and everything so I forgive you. But you have to be better about food" she said.

"Honey, I promise you a lot has been going on that I haven't been able to tell you about. But it's going to get a lot better," she promised feeling that weight lift off her shoulders.

Rory was confused about what her mom could have been keeping from her but then things started clicking. It was probably some problems with the Dragonfly. It didn't excuse her behavior but she had apologized for it and that was good enough for her. "I understand. I'm glad that you apologized" she said.

"So are you coming home?" Lorelai asked hopefully.

"Sorry, I do have to get back to school but I'll come back this weekend. Assuming we have diet soda and some apples in the house" she said smiling a bit.

"It's a deal, I promise all the bad food will be gone by the time you're here" she said feeling a lot better.

"Sounds great, I have to start going but I'll talk to you later" Rory said hanging up the phone her sour mood now mostly forgotten.

Lorelai hung up and felt great. Things were going well with Rory again and she no longer felt as guilty as she had. Now the problem was what to do with all the junk she had laying around. Sure money had been tight but that didn't mean that her snack budget had been cut entirely. Walking to the kitchen she took out a box of Mallomars that she had saved. Well Rory didn't any temptation and it was a waste to throw out. She thought as she opened the box and started eating them one by one.

Rory felt loads better and started gathering all of her stuff together. She made her way downstairs with her bags to say goodbye to her grandparents.

"Well I'm going to head out, thank you for letting me stay here last night" she said to them. Emily couldn't help but notice the smile on her granddaughters face.

"You look better, have you talked with your mother?" she asked, a bit disappointed that they had made up so fast she would have liked a little bit more time to influence her. But in the long run this was probably better for everyone.

"Yeah, she admitted that she was fully wrong and we came up with a rule that only healthy food is in the house when I'm home" she said. Emily's face brightened at that prospect. So it seemed that her granddaughter was serious about fitness after all.

"Well have a good time at Yale and I'm happy for you and your mother" she said giving her a hug. Richard came over and gave her a light hug as well, within five minutes Rory was on the road to Yale.

About an hour into the trip she realized just how hungry she was. It was a little bit before lunch but she just couldn't make it. Her stomach had become accustomed to big meals so some cereal and grapefruit just wasn't enough to make her feel full for very long.

She pulled over to a McDonalds to get something to eat. A chicken sandwich sounded good, after all chicken was healthier than meat and if she got small fries and a drink that was good too. Plus she was in such a good mood from her conversation with her mom.

After all she still needed to eat she just needed to eat less and healthier. It wasn't like there were any healthy places to eat on the road. So she might as well get the healthiest thing she could here. Of course she forgot to order a grilled chicken sandwich. Still she didn't realize that and happily ate her food. She'd work out a bit tonight and burn off any extra calories that this meal gave her. It was a perfect plan if only she would remember to work out once she got back to Yale.

swiggy3000

Weight: 180 lbs
Chapter 31

The next week for both of the Gilmore girls were hectic. Lorelai had to deal with the usual issues of opening the Dragonfly. They were getting closer but there was still a lot more to do. Her new found economic freedom helped too. She was spending her money like a drunk on payday but she could at least afford to eat out again.

That was something that she was doing with gusto. She was able to go and visit Luke's and actually order pizza again. The melted cheese had never tasted so good to her. In addition to take out she also took it upon herself to purge the house of all sweets. To most people that would have been hiding them from their daughter or throwing them out but not to her. Her sweet tooth had gone into overdrive. The whole week was spent grazing or snacking on something.

Needless to say that it should not have been that much of a surprise that Friday morning when her jeans wouldn't fit. At first she was confused and tried to pull them up even more. But they kept meeting resistance. For a moment Lorelai thought that she had simply shrunk them but then she remembered that she hadn't done laundry in weeks. She couldn't have shrunk them.

Right away she stripped down to her mismatched underwear and went to the bathroom. Her scale had been gathering dust for years but she had to go and see what the damage was. She couldn't have gotten that big. After all she never gained weight. Maybe they were just a pair of Rory's old jeans.

"Shit" she murmured looking at the scale, it read 178 pounds. That was up from her usual 140ish pounds that she normally stayed at. Of course she knew that she had gained some weight since the summer but she thought it had leveled off. At 5'9'' she had been at a perfect albeit skinny weight. Now she was overweight or at least close.

She backed up to her full length mirror to take account of her body. The very first thing she noticed was her stomach. It was a belly no there was no doubt about that. She took it with both hands and shook it a bit. Well she could certainly pinch and inch. Speaking of that she had some wide love handles, the kind that no man would have any problem grabbing onto.

She moved up to her chest with to her joy had grown a bit. The only downside was that they sagged a bit due to the extra fat. "One downside of getting older" she grumbled. She handled them and picked them up trying to make them look perky again but it was no use. Really she shouldn't have been complaining she still looked better than most women her age.

She smiled at the mirror and then frowned. Well at least her face didn't look too bad. There was just a layer of fat encasing it. But it filled in her face a bit and she thought it made her look a little younger. Now the problem came up, her lower body. Turning around she tried to get a good view of her ass in mirror. What she saw shocked her.

She could have sworn that he ass was as big as Texas. She put her hands on it just to be sure that it was her. She felt warm, soft flesh. Yep it was all her. She had a bit of cellulite before but it was now spread all over her ass and thighs. She turned around one more time just to be sure it was her and yep it was all her. She could see and feel her body jiggling.

"Okay Lorelai…this isn't too bad. It's only 35 pounds. You can lose that" she said giving herself a pep talk. Her stomach growled at that moment. "Oh you'd like that wouldn't you stomach, you and my taste buds teaming up against me. Well no more my diet starts today. Perfect day too with Rory coming home" she said poking and prodding her forgiving flesh.

Well now that it was clear that it was her fault and not her pants, she needed to go and find a pair that fit her. In fact might as well grab a bigger pair of underwear too her panties were turning into a thong slowly yet surely. Only she hadn't realized it until today.

Underwear wise she didn't have much of a choice. She was able to find a few bras that barely fit, it was tight but they would do until she went shopping for new ones. She had to go through a stack of underwear but she finally found a pair of red panties that fit, barely. Luckily she didn't require her underwear to look sexy so it was fine.

It was too cold outside to wear a skirt, damn her luck. The next half hour was spent trying on pairs of jeans. Most stopped right at her thighs or hips but she finally found a pair that she could squeeze into. They were tight instead of baggy like they were supposed to be. She topped it all off with a nice loose fitting blue top. She went back to the bathroom and checked herself in the mirror. Not too bad. The weight gain was a bit obvious but she'd ignore comments. She put on some boots and walked out with as much confidence as she could muster.

Meanwhile at Yale the week for Rory had been just okay. She did her best to eat healthy and started watching some of her grandma's tapes. There wasn't a huge effect on her body though. She hadn't gained or lost. The biggest surprise was when her roommates saw her. Paris and Janet were disappointed to say the least. Although Paris seemed a bit preoccupied with other things and while she consoled Rory she wasn't that focused on helping her. Rory had no clue what Paris was focusing on but took it as a gift and didn't complain.

Janet tried to get Rory to work out with her more and Paris egged her on a bit about eating healthy but already the semester was getting stressful so they really didn't have time to babysit her or make her do anything. They could only encourage her.

Things with Scott were fine. He wasn't turned off by her weight gain and that actually made her feel better. He had been just as romantic as before. Needless to say Rory was starting to become more open. She had felt a slow burn when they were away but now that they were back together she felt like her whole body was on fire. Needless to say that it was a bit harder to remind herself to stay cool.

It was hard to stay though when they were making out on her bed. Tana and Janet were both gone for the weekend while Paris was off somewhere. Rory knew that she should get on the road but right now it just felt too good. Scott's hands moved to her love handles and he grabbed them somewhat playfully.

Rory broke the kiss and glared at him a little bit and pouted. Scott just rolled his eyes.

"Oh relax, I think the extra weight is kind of cute…" he said defending himself.

"I know I'm just…I'd like to be slimmer" she said pulling her shirt back down, over her pale waistline. He leaned in and kissed her on the neck.

"I know but it doesn't make you any less beautiful to me" he said moving his hand back down her back while he sucked on her neck. Rory didn't even care where his hands traveled when he did that. She just melted in his arms when he kissed her there. Just then an alarm went off. She looked at the time. "Shoot I have to go" she said grimacing and looking at her bags.

Scott sighed and moved away from her. "Sure you can't stay a little bit longer?" he asked with hopeful eyes. Rory shook her head no.

"If I don't leave now I won't be able to see my mom before we head to my grandparents and I want to talk to her a bit" she said. She had barely gotten a chance to talk to her mom all week between classes and readjusting to college.

Scott sighed and nodded. "I understand but that doesn't mean I'm not going to miss you this weekend" he said grabbing her ass.

Rory squealed and gave him a light tap on the shoulder. "You know if it was anyone else I'd be mad and if you like my butt now just wait till it's back to its normal size" she bragged. She was sure her weight loss was just a matter of time. Scott wasn't so sure but he really didn't care if she was smaller good and if not then he was fine with it too.

She wiggled her hips a bit as she walked ahead of him. He walked her to her car, gave her a quick kiss and she was off to Stars Hollow. Scott wished he could have joined her but he was busy this weekend and had to stay at Yale but he'd be thinking about her all weekend.

The day was going well for Lorelai, as of now no one was saying anything to her face about her weight gain. But she had really only seen Tom, Michel, and Sookie. Of course that wasn't a big sample size and they all needed her so they weren't likely to say anything to hurt her feelings. Still she was going to take it.

She was currently at home going through the kitchen one last time. There could be no fun food in the house per Rory's rules. Lorelai understood the rules and she wasn't about to make her daughter hate her because she couldn't control her sweet tooth. A final sweep of the kitchen showed nothing unhealthy, she was proud of herself. All of the food was gone and now they could have a healthy weekend. Although a movie night with apples didn't sound as fun as a movie night with candy to Lorelai.

Just then she heard a car pull up and she went outside to go and greet her daughter. She did suck in her stomach a little bit, might was well not make the weight gain obvious. She smiled and stood on the porch waiting for her, looking for any noticeable changes in her daughters figure. She was curious to see if her mother's pep talks had any effect.

From the looks of it they had worked somewhat. Her daughter wasn't bigger but she wasn't smaller. She was happy but disappointed, she was happy her mother's methods failed but she was sad for Rory. She just wanted her to be happy and get her self confidence back up to where it used to be.

As Rory walked to the house there was one thing that caught her eye. It was the size of her mother. She hadn't noticed it before because she was too focused on herself but her mother was just about her size now. Although her mom was maybe a bit slimmer thanks to her height. Rory did see where she got her hips from though. It appeared that they ran in the family.

From her own experiences Rory knew how bad it was to mention weight. So she decided to keep her mouth quiet until her mom mentioned her weight. Although dinner would certainly be interesting tonight, if her grandmother couldn't keep her mouth shut about her then there was no way that her mom would escape.

Just thinking about how bad her grandmother made her feel she suddenly wondered if they should cancel the dinner. At least for another week, after all she wasn't as far along as she had hoped. She wasn't sure how they would get out of it, well her mom wasn't required to come but she was sure that he could make a case about being busy or sick. After all her mom had tried to defend her at first it was only fair that she did the same. If her mother was as oblivious as she had been.

She went up and gave her mother a hug. "I missed you. I hate it when we fight" Rory said wrapping her arms trying to be a good sense of how big her mother had gotten.

"I hate it when we fight too. It was all my fault but don't worry there are no sugary snacks or fatty foods in this house. It's all diet soda and health food. I hope you don't mind if we got to Luke's though" she said hopefully.

Rory smiled at her. "Of course we can go to Luke's! I just have to be good. Don't let me order fries or regular soda" she said.

"I promise, not a fry will end up on your plate" she said putting her hand on her chest like she was taking an oath.

"What do you think about me getting us out of Friday night dinner?" Rory asked throwing the idea around. Lorelai's eyes lit up.

"As long as you're sure we won't end up paying for it later…" she said. She was concerned with showing her bulging figure off at dinner. She couldn't hide behind Rory anymore and a week to do a fat flush would be perfect.

"I think I can arrange it. Then it's just you and me all weekend" she said taking out her cell. She called her grandmother up and told her how busy and stressful her week was and how with all of her exercise she was tired and needed a week to adjust. In reality she had just done the light workouts in the videos and still had no idea where the gym was on campus.

Her grandmother wasn't overjoyed about the idea of a missed dinner but she understood if it was just this once. After all she had come by last week. So this one week would be fine.

Once off the phone Rory smiled. "I have no idea how you did it but thank you so much. So what do you want to do tonight?" Lorelai asked Rory.

"How about we get some movies and do we have any food here?" she asked.

"Movies sounds great and not really. We can stop by Al's and see what he has. If it's not good then we can get whatever you want" she said allowing Rory to make her own decisions in this matter.

"Let's try Al's and avoid all the candy with the movies" she said putting her laundry by the washer. Even though Lorelai knew that she had to lose some weight too she was still hoping for some candy tonight. Oh well they both had to get healthy. She didn't know that it was killing Rory too who was trained to crave candy whenever movie night was mentioned.

They ended up going to Al's and lucky for them it was something fairly healthy. He was in an Italian mood and true pasta was high in carbs but they wisely avoided the garlic sticks and just stuck with spaghetti and meatballs. They ended up renting three movies for the night and hurried home.

The whole couch area just felt empty without all of their junk food but they did their best to act like everything was normal. But half an hour into the first movie they had both finished their small pasta dinners and were slumped on the couch not feeling that energetic.

Lorelai was slumped over in such a way that a roll of fat was over the waistband of her jeans, Rory was seated in a similar fashion. "So this is…fun" she said both of them lacking their usual sugar high and perkiness.

Lorelai's stomach rumbled demanding more food. She blushed a light shade of pink slightly embarrassed and was about to say something but just then Rory's stomach followed suit and she also blushed.

"I guess that wasn't enough for dinner" Rory said sheepishly.

"I think I have some apples around here, I bought them for you" Lorelai said shifting her weight and standing up.

"Well…we could run out and make this a real movie night?" Rory suggested.

Lorelai cocked an eyebrow. "Excuse me but wasn't it you who told me that no sweets were to enter this house?" she asked somewhat mockingly.

"Well I was thinking just this one time for game night" she said unable to control her stomach and sweet tooth.

"No, no, no I'm not bringing any of that in here. I made a promise last week. Remember your diet" she said really acknowledging her daughters diet for the first time. Rory wrapped her arms around her torso to try and hide her stomach.

"Fine, you're right, go get the apples" she said in a huff although part of her was actually really happy her mom had stood firm. In reality Lorelai would have loved to run out and get a bag of red vines but she didn't want to be blamed for Rory's expanding waistline again.

"Do we at least have peanut butter?" she asked and Lorelai nodded her head and walked into the kitchen. As she walked away Rory's mind wandered, is that what her ass looked like? God it was so big. This diet had to start working soon and maybe she'd rub off on her mother a bit.

Lorelai came back into the room with two apples for them, a knife, and a jar of peanut butter.

"Shouldn't the apples be cut before you serve them?" Rory said cutting her apple and taking a bite. Not bad but it still didn't give her the same pleasure a bag of candy would.

"Hey with my skills I'd burn down the kitchen" Lorelai said spreading peanut butter over a large apple slice. Rory rolled her eyes and took another bite of her apple. The extra food helped a little bit but neither of them could say it was really what they were craving. Still it kept the both of them from going out and buying junk food.

They spent the rest of the night mocking movies and chatting although it just seemed to lack a certain something that their movie nights normally had. Still it was great just having a night to the two of them, together again

swiggy3000

Weight: 180 lbs

Chapter 32

"So I'm thinking we need to buy some grapes or oranges, maybe even lettuce so I can make a salad" Rory said the next morning.

"You do realize that salad is something that I normally don't allow in this house. You know what healthy food can do to you" she said in a joking tone. Rory knew that she should have taken offense to that line but knew the way that her mom could be.

"You know a salad wouldn't kill you every once in a while" she said giving her a subtle hint. Okay it was a bit low but looking back she had taken enough subtle jabs from her mother since she put on her weight.

"How would you know that? I could choke on a lettuce leaf" she said giving her a look. The hint had gone over her head. She was too far into the bit now to pick up on hint like that.

"Fine let's just go to Luke's for lunch and then stop off, bother Taylor, and get some more fruit for tonight" Rory suggested as she finished her bowl of cereal.

"Okay now can mommy order something other than a salad there? Because if you want I'll just order a salad too" she said. Rory shook her head no.

"Just order whatever you want. Just not having candy around here is great. I can control my taste buds during lunch although I may sneak a fry or two" she admitted. After all she had to reward herself from time to time.

Lorelai clapped her hands. "Oh thank you. Because you know I'd do it for you but I'd prefer not to" Lorelai said wondering if maybe it was time for her to think of getting more salads. After all her scale didn't lie and neither did her small belly that shouldn't be there.

Rory put her spoon down. "Alright I'm going to go and exercise a bit" she said heading to her room.

"We're leaving for Luke's in two hours" Lorelai said putting the dishes in the sink thinking that a bit of exercise was a good idea. She just didn't want Rory to know that she was trying to diet too; she'd never hear the end of it. She went upstairs to at least get a little bit of secret exercise in.

It was too cold to go running so Rory ended up just doing some light exercises. Just something to go and get her blood flowing. She did some sit-ups and started doing a few jumping jacks. She didn't bother to change out of her pajamas. She was just going to have to shower and change in an hour anyway. It wasn't much but exercise was exercise. It was better than sitting around and not burning as many calories as she could.

Lorelai decided to go and do something a little different, she spent about fifteen minutes looking for an old pair of workout clothes that she had. They had been baggy on her and now they were a little too tight. "Okay Lorelai we can do this, not too bad Rory is doing it right now. Now what would a good choice be?" she asked bouncing up and down a little bit. "Some…what is it that people do when they work out" she asked herself. Honestly she hadn't been to a gym in years. That yoga class with the smug pretzel lady was the last one.

"Sit-ups are always good" she said lying down on the floor. She took a deep breath and tried to sit up only to find it too strenuous. She kept forcing herself to do it though. After doing just around ten she had to stop. She was sprawled out on the floor, tired and sweaty. Her muscles hadn't actually done any real work for years.

"Okay harder than I thought…" she said grimacing and breathing heavily. She sat up again and stood up, she spread out a little bit her legs could use a lot of work. She bent her knees and started doing some squats. Normally they would have been a great idea but after five her legs were starting to feel like jell-o. She sat back down on the bed. "Dammit Lorelai what happened to you" she murmured wiping the sweat from her brow.

That was it for the exercises that she knew. She tapped her fingers on top of her mattress. She was going to have to look for some exercises or 'borrow' a few of Rory's videos. Still she had at least started doing something today. If she added more sit-ups and squats everyday then she'd be fine. She found her clothes for the day and went to the shower to get clean.

Rory was having a better time remembering some of the old exercises that she had from her grandmothers' videos. Her exercises didn't burn as many calories as she thought they were but it was better than nothing. After a solid forty five minutes of exercise she thought that was enough and lay down on the bed.

"Just keep it up Rory, you'll be nice and fit in a month and this'll be easy" she said relaxing and gathering up her stuff to take a shower.

It took the girls just a little over an hour to get ready. They were slowed thanks to the aching in their legs from the exercises they had done. Lorelai went with a jean and sweater combo that would have been great if the jeans fit. But her size too small jeans gave her a bit of a muffin top but it was nothing that her winter jacket wouldn't hide.

Rory despite being bigger actually looked better than her mother, mostly because she actually had clothes that fit her. In fact she looked better than most of the women in the town thanks to that. She was sticking with jeans for the time being and a sweater that really brought out the blue in her eyes. Sure she still felt like a pig but it was better than wearing tight clothes which only made her feel worse about herself.

They were both done around the same time and met in the living room. "Ready to go?" Rory asked knowing that her mother would be the difficult one.

"I'm ready, let's go to Luke's" she said picking up her purse and putting on some boots. While they had slept it had snowed a little bit so there was a nice fresh coat on the ground. They weren't buried but it made walking a little bit more difficult than normal. Still it didn't add on that much time and before they knew it they were at Luke's.

It had been a busy week for Luke, every time that Lorelai had come in lately it seemed like he was swamped and didn't really have a chance to talk with her or give more than a second look her way. So when Lorelai and Rory walked in for lunch when no one was really there his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

He hadn't exactly realized how big Lorelai had gotten. Rory remained around the same size she had been when he last saw her but Lorelai looked like she had put on about fifteen pounds since the last time he had seen her. How could she have gotten that big and he didn't realize it? Although he had been expecting it for years, no one could eat that much and stay that slim but still it had just happened so suddenly.

He didn't have much time to think it over, they sat down and he went to take their order. "What'll you two have today?" he asked them.

Rory and Lorelai looked up at him with their chubby faces and smiled at their friend. Lorelai was hungry and felt that she deserved a bit of a reward for her token work out. "I'll have a bacon cheeseburger with extra fries" she said knowing Rory would want some and still wanted her fair share of fries.

Luke looked at her but didn't say a word and he wrote down her order. He wasn't going to stop her. "Well you know that you'll end up killing yourself" he said saying his usual line. Lorelai pouted at him.

"At least I'll die having fun, unlike you bran boy" she said smirking at him proud of her meager comeback.

Luke chose to ignore her comeback, "And for you Rory?" he asked. Rory thought it over for a moment; she had been so good lately. It wouldn't be worth it to go and just blow that exercise on a burger.

"I'll have a fruit salad and a water to drink with it" she said proud of herself for being able to control herself. Luke nodded and went off although he kept an eye on them. He normally had feelings about her but he was able to control it. But there was just something more alluring about her now. That woman just seemed to look beautiful at any weight. Of course it would be the talk of the town any minute and right on cue he saw Miss Patty walking in.

"Hello Lucas, I'll take one coffee to go" she said trying to be subtle while she checked out the rumor that Lorelai had packed on a few pounds. It seemed that Babette hadn't been mistaken after all. Well this was certainly interesting, she and Rory were always bigger girls at heart but it seemed like it was finally showing on the outside. She took her coffee and left to let everyone know that the rumors were true.

"Oh I never asked you, how were the grandparents last week?" Lorelai asked digging for information.

"They were fine. I know you can't believe it but grandma just wanted to help me" Rory said getting defensive. Lorelai put her hands up.

"I'm not saying anything I was just wondering and that's great that she was willing to help you" she responded, leaving out that she was also the woman who had insulted her.

"Well I'm glad that you think so but really it was great there. I'll be losing weight in no time flat" she said proudly.

Just then Luke brought out their food and drinks. "Here you go, anything else I can get you two?" he asked them.

Lorelai opened her mouth to say something witty but Rory cut her off. "That's all we need Luke, thank you" she said earning her a glare from her mother.

"Not a word, Luke controls the food you know that he could poison you if he ever chose but he's too nice for that" Rory said picking at her fruit salad. The rest of the lunch was fairly mundane every once in a while someone would come in to get something small so they could picture the growing Gilmore's with their own eyes.

Lorelai and Rory for their part were none the wiser while Luke had a fairly good idea but he wasn't about to make a scene and embarrass the two of them. Eventually it was time for the two of them to get going about their day and Lorelai stood up to go and pay Luke.

As Lorelai stood up Luke got an excellent look at her bulging behind. There were very few times in this life that Luke could admit that he needed a cold shower but right now was one of them. Of course it had happened before when she was slim but she just looked more womanly now to him. Luke did his best to recover and accept her money without giving too much away.

Lorelai was per usual oblivious when it came to Luke and didn't notice anything amiss. The girls were then off for a weekend over fun that did not include their usual junk food binges. For the first time in a while Rory felt like she was fully in control of her appetite.

Feedback and reviews are always great, even if you don't like the story.

swiggy3000

Weight: 175 lbs

Chapter 33

Another week had gone by and once again it was Friday. It also happened to be the day that Rory weighed herself. She had been doing her best to follow her exercise regimen all week and followed her diet as closely as she could. It was hard not to cheat but she was holding up fairly well so far and it showed, at least in the numbers. She smiled as the scale read 175. She looked at herself in the mirror looking for any changes in her body. She frowned when she didn't see any but still five pounds was five pounds. She kept this up and by summer she'd be back to normal.

She felt she deserved a reward for this. Normally she only did one smoothie a day but she decided to do another. Besides her grandmother would serve something super healthy tonight for dinner. So she could afford a little extra influx of calories. She went to the fridge to get one of them when Paris came back home once again in a dreamy state.

After she had returned from her weekend with her mom Paris couldn't hold back any longer and admitted that she was dating a professor at Yale, Asher Fleming. Rory was dumbfounded and didn't understand it at all. It was unfair to Jamie and it just seemed…gross to her. The man was as old as her grandpa. But Rory had her own life to focus on, classes (one of them with Professor Fleming), and her weight loss.

"So guess who lost five pounds this week?" Rory said proudly, breaking Paris out of her stupor. Paris looked over to her in shock. Honestly she had given up on Rory ever losing those stubborn pounds. The girl just didn't have the will; sure she had the brains but not the will. That was one aspect of her childhood that she did thank her mother for, proper portion control.

"Well good for you, slow and steady wins the race" she said not able to get excited as Rory could about a five and weight loss.

"Hey you were one of the people who tried to get me to lose weight" she shot back at her thinking Paris would have been happier for her. Paris knew that she should have been but honestly she had blown off their efforts so many times she had ceased to truly care, all she cared about now was Asher.

Rory shook her head and drank her smoothie. It might not be a lot but it would be progress and maybe her grandmother would notice. She had talked to her grandmother a little bit more than usual the past two weeks, and was really starting to make a bigger connection with her. She had of course seen the bad side of her grandmother but as long as she wasn't put between her mother and grandmother it wasn't really that bad. She really couldn't wait for dinner tonight; in fact she was downright giddy.

Lorelai on the other hand was less than giddy all of her good intentions to lose weight the past week had failed. In fact she had gained three pounds, bringing her total to 181 pounds. She was now weighed more than her daughter again. That was why she was currently at the mall trying on a number of dresses to disguise her figure. She had a wide array of black dresses and looked at her body from every angle and so far had found nothing. In theory she shouldn't have been spending the money but it was better than her mother's insults.

"How are you doing?" the blonde saleswoman asked as she came out in another dress. Lorelai let out an audible sigh.

"Don't you have anything that'd make me look…smaller?" she asked. The saleswoman gave her a tight smile. She had to deal with this often in her line of work. She wouldn't say she loved it but it gave her a great chance to make some great sales.

"Well really what your issue is and you'll excuse me for saying this ma'am is that you want to draw attention away from your hips" she tried to say it in the nicest way possible. There was a 50/50 chance she'd get yelled at but she thought it would work on this woman.

Lorelai cocked her hips for a second thinking it over. "And how do we do that?" she asked giving up. Really what did she care if this woman thought she was fat, it was better than her mother.

"I'll be right back" she said running off to get a dress. She returned about five minutes later with something in her new size. It was black on the bottom but white on top. Lorelai wasn't sure it would work but she thought it was worth a chance. She tried it on and was amazed; she looked ten pounds lighter in this dress.

"Wow I have no idea how you did it but I'll take it" she said smiling and spinning around back to the changing room. Once out they started walking to the register and something caught Lorelai's eye. She hadn't considered this for Rory because Rory was young and hip. She was young and hip too but a little help never hurt.

"Does that shape wear really work?" she asked looking over it. The saleswoman smiled, another little bit added on to the bill now.

Putting the shape wear on had been a smart idea at the time. But as she was driving to her parents' house she now wondered how smart it was. She felt like she could barely more or breathe in it. Oh sure it worked, she looked slimmer than her daughter again but Jesus it felt like she was hugging a boa constrictor, she could not wait for this dinner to be over. She may just pull over in a parking lot and wiggle out of them after dinner.

Rory on the other hand was driving to dinner for the first time in months fully relaxed. She couldn't wait to tell her grandmother the good news and to an extent her mother. She just wasn't sure how her mom would react, she was fairly certain well but her mom seemed a bit weird about her dieting. She probably just missed the sugar pig outs, Rory thought as she drove. For tonight she too had chosen a black dress to make her look slimmer.

By a stroke of good luck or bad luck both of them arrived at the same time. Lorelai had to get out of her Jeep carefully, she felt like Frankenstein's monster right now. Rory's dress was tight but in the right places so it did not impede her movement.

"Are you alright?" she asked watching her mom walk.

"I'm fine I'm just breaking in new heels and really regretting the choice" she said planting a big fake smile on her face. Rory didn't quite believe her mother but she had to say her mother looked good, at least in the Hollywood sense. It was like she had lost ten pounds since the weekend, suddenly her five pounds felt so small.

"How are you doing?" Lorelai asked her daughter as they walked up to the door.

"I don't understand why you ask that you know grandma's just going to ask it" she said ringing the doorbell.

"Yes but I get to know twenty seconds sooner so I win" she said as the door opened. Another faceless and nameless maid took their coats as they walked into the study for a drink with Richard and Emily.

"Rory, how are you doing my dear?" Emily asked looking for any signs of weight loss. She couldn't tell if it was the dress or her but her face did look slimmer, maybe?

"Well I'm having a great week, kind of going slow but that advice you gave me helped. I've lost five pounds" she said proudly. Emily smiled at her. It wasn't a lot but one had to start somewhere at the very least the bleeding had stopped.

Lorelai smiled and patted her daughter on the shoulder. "That's great Rory, it really is" she said encouraging her. Richard just rolled his eyes at the conversation. He had no idea how Rory had come to worry about her weight so much. She sounded like some dimwit girl and not the refined young woman that she really was.

"How is school Rory?" Richard asked trying his hardest to change the conversation. Lorelai just sat there sipping on her martini while ignoring the throbbing pain in her legs now. She could just go and take it off now…but then she'd expand before their eyes. All she could hope for was a short dinner. She drank her martini quicker in hopes that alcohol would numb the pain.

After about ten minutes of idle chit chat they were finally going to the table this wouldn't be fun. Lorelai stood up and winced in pain. A move that did not go unnoticed by Emily.

"Are you alright?" she asked with honest concern for her daughter.

"Yeah, I'm just breaking in some new heels" she said smiling, of course her mother could see right through her but she said nothing. She would keep an eye on her daughter throughout the meal.

"What are we having tonight?" Rory asked all of them sitting in their usual spots.

"We're starting off with a light Caesar Salad followed up with grilled chicken and healthy, roasted vegetables. You must get your nutrients somewhere" she said. Rory nodded while Lorelai and Richard didn't quite see eye to eye with Emily.

Dinner was enjoyable enough. Lorelai mainly ate the rolls; it was the only part of the meal she could say that she loved. There just wasn't enough taste to it for her. Oh she still ate a lot of it but she didn't love it like she should have. A problem arose from Lorelai's gluttony, throughout the meal her stomach slowly expanded and made her already bone tight shape wear even tighter. She had to take deep careful breaths. No dessert tonight, there was just no room.

"Are you alright Lorelai?" Emily asked knowing that she was not.

"Oh I'm fine just something disagreeing with my stomach" she said grimacing a bit. Okay ten more minutes and she had to leave and get out of this. She wasn't even sure she could get out of the driveway without tearing this stuff off. Now she realized why she never wore it and would never wear it again.

Emily glared at her a moment but then gave it up and went back to chatting with Rory about school, her boyfriend, and life in general. It was enough to really get on Lorelai's nerves. She had that relationship with her daughter.

Rory was more than happy to talk. "Scott is well. He's been really busy with classes lately but we see each other when we can…" she trailed off not mentioning that she was strongly considering going all the way with him now. They had done most everything else, she was just holding off a little bit until she looked her best.

Lorelai was really interested in this but she needed some relief, her leg was shaking a little bit now. How much longer? It turned out that she didn't need to wait that much longer. Her mother announced that they'd have no dessert tonight to erase any temptations and Rory agreed. Lorelai was fine with that. They talked for another ten minutes or so and then Lorelai and Rory were out there door.

Lorelai made a bee-line for her car. "I'll meet you back home!" she shouted. She did pull out of the driveway and drove to the nearest public bathroom she could find. It was a gas station near the highway but she was fine with that. She entered the bathroom and pulled her shape wear off. Of course had she been wearing the right size it would have been fine all night. But she had wanted to look very slim and it had only hurt her body.

As soon as she took it off her body once again spread out. Her skin was a little discolored from the whole ordeal. She moaned in pleasure not caring if anyone heard her. She could actually breathe again. Of course it came with a belly and thick thighs but she swore to never wear anything like that again. She was burning this as soon as she got home.

As expected Rory had beaten her home and had already started her laundry when Lorelai walked in the door looking a bit different.

"Mom, are you alright?" she asked noting how her dress now seemed too tight in spots but how was that possible?

"I am burning this!" Lorelai screeched showing her daughter her shape wear. Rory couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"That's why you were weird all night? You were trying to look thin and wore something too tight" she said shaking her head in disbelief at her mother.

"Hey I had to; you know how bad your grandmother was to you. Imagine how she'd be to me" she said. Rory cocked her eyebrow at this. They had danced around the subject all of last weekend but now her mom was finally admitting she had gained weight.

"You know you're welcome to join me on my diet" she said smiling at her proudly.

"I should I can't make it another week with this! It tried to kill your poor mother" she said throwing it on the ground and Rory picked it up and shook her head.

"No wonder this is meant for a smaller woman" Rory said looking at her mother like she was crazy.

"But smaller is better" she said meekly and pouted.

"Not when it causes you pain or keeps you from breathing" Rory countered.

"Fine, I guess I'll have to face my mother's wrath sometime" Lorelai moaned as she sat down on the couch. Rory grabbed an apple and sat down next to her.

"You could just say you've started exercising and dieting like me and she'll just let it go" Rory suggested. Lorelai looked at her like she had grown a second head.

"Rory my mother does not 'let stuff go'. She still brings up things I did when I was three. To this day I still hear about the Christmas dish I accidentally broke" she pointed out. Rory took a bite out of her apple.

"To be fair I still think that you look great, you're just a little…plump" Rory said to her. Lorelai gave her an evil eye.

"Plump? That's a word you use to describe a turkey before Thanksgiving am I that big?" she asked looking into Rory's eyes for truth. Rory knew how much it hurt if someone was insulting so she put it as gently as she could.

"Honestly, no. You're just bigger. Exercise a bit more or stop getting so much at Luke's and you'll probably be fine" she said trying to make her mother's ego feel better. Lorelai brightened up.

"You're right I'm just going to have to tighten my belt and not get extra fries" she said smiling.

"You know that if you tighten your belt too much it'll be just like tonight" Rory said smirking.

"Who taught you your manners?" Lorelai asked and Rory just looked at her. "Oh right…well pick out a movie and we can wash the scent of that Friday Night Dinner off" she said, voice full of glee.

Rory said nothing and picked out a movie for the two of them. It seemed that they had finally turned a corner.

swiggy3000

Weight: 160 lbs

Chapter 34

A month had passed since Lorelai had almost passed out at Friday night dinner and thing couldn't have been better for Rory Gilmore. She was now fifteen pounds lighter and for the first time could really see the difference in her body.

Her face had slimmed, it still had the round quality that it had always carried and she still had her double chin but that was slowly shrinking. Speaking of shrinking her breasts had stopped inflating and had once again regained a bit of perkiness. Still she wasn't wild about losing that quality but any weight loss was good weight loss.

Her waistline was also slowly being reclaimed in the name of thinness. Her belly still stuck out a bit but now it looked more untoned. Her lower body seemed to barely have been affected though much to her chagrin. She had lost a pant size but she had hoped to lose more than that. Still it was the first place where she had gained weight so it would figure that it would be the last place where she'd lose it.

Looking at her butt in the mirror she grimaced. It was smaller but not down to its small, perfect self. Still she could deal with this for a while at least.

Due to her weight loss Friday night dinner had become a lot more enjoyable. Her grandmother never asked for weight updates but she knew that it was always on the tip of her tongue. Rory was more than happy to divulge her weight loss and it often became one of the more talked about subjects are dinner much to Richard's chagrin.

There was an elephant in the room though, an elephant named Lorelai. Rory had to beg her grandmother to not mention anything she just wanted peace at Friday Night Dinner. It was something that Emily really would have liked to mention but it could have been worse. Her granddaughter was slowly yet surely losing weight and she had given up hope on having any influence over her daughter, she didn't want to lose both of them so it was better to ignore it for the time being.

While Rory had been losing weight Lorelai had been finding ways to pile it on. Maybe something had woken up in her, maybe her metabolism just gave out, maybe what Luke had been saying for years finally came true but her eating habits were finally catching up to her.

Unlike Rory who had put up some resistance Lorelai could find none. When Rory wasn't home for the weekends she couldn't help but eat the candy that she bought and there was no way that she was giving up Luke's food. Rory gave up trying to force her mother to diet she'd do it on her own. At least she ate healthy when she was home, Rory thought.

Lorelai had been standing on her scale for the past ten minutes. The clothes she had bought to tide her over until she lost weight were now tight. She didn't want to know how bad it was but she knew that if her 'fat' clothes were tight it couldn't be good. The situation wasn't made any better by how smug her daughter had gotten about her weight loss.

"Okay you have to know Lorelai" she said and finally looked down. The scale read 191 pounds. Lorelai let out a long sigh. That was actually better than she thought. She chose not to look at her body in the mirror. She had a general idea from the feel of her new body. Extra fat all over, and mostly bottom heavy. She wasn't too far off the mark. The only plus was that the fat on her face made her look a few years younger. She was no longer a knockout due to Hollywood standards but it would not be hard for her to find a date.

Lorelai started pacing around her bathroom. She knew that she had Rory to thank for silencing her mother at dinner but it wouldn't last forever. She couldn't show up one night and be 300 pounds. This needed to stop now. Of course her taste buds wouldn't let her. They craved salt, fat, and sugar. Right now all she could think about was getting a nice cheeseburger. She was going to have to swallow her pride on this one. No she wasn't going to call her mother. She'd rather walk across lava; she needed to know everything that Rory knew about fitness and eating right.

She picked up her cell phone. It was Saturday and there was a chance that Rory couldn't make it but she needed some advice. She could feel the tension at dinner last night and she didn't want it to eventually break under the weight of her own fat ass.

She knew that Rory had something planned with Scott but she wanted to see if she could talk for a bit. If not then she'd just go and bother Luke for a while. Of course going to bother Luke meant going to get dinner, maybe she could ask Rory what a good idea to get would be. She would not just eat a salad though, she had some standards left. Taking out her cell she dialed Rory's number.

Rory was working on some homework when her mom called; she had to meet up with Scott tonight and wanted to get this done. But she could spare some time for her mom.

"Hello" Rory said in a perky tone. She had been getting perkier as her clothes had gotten looser. She finally understood why people held their loose pants up in the diet ads. It was beautiful to see space between skin and waistband.

"I'm fat" Lorelai moaned as she lay down on a pile of clothes that she had tried on only to find that they either barely fit or didn't fit at all.

"Who is this?" Rory asked in a light tone.

"Not funny, mommy needs your advice. How are you losing weight?" she asked. Lorelai had been far more open about her weight gain with Rory. She figured there was no sense in hiding it. Everyone could see it and besides while she was somewhat embarrassed about it she could go and focus on other things. Mostly the Dragonfly but it was still something to keep her busy.

Rory had been waiting for this. She just wasn't sure how proud her mother would be. But apparently she had reached her breaking point. "Well you need to cut out sweets and only drink water and coffee" she said. Lorelai stopped her there.

"You mean no candy? I can't even have a small bag of M&M's?" she asked.

"Mom a small bag for you is party sized" Rory countered. Lorelai blushed horribly on her end.

"Fine, I won't buy candy. Why is losing weight so hard?" she moaned. Rory rolled her eyes.

"It's only hard because you never practiced or taught proper nutrition. Once you know what you're doing the weight just comes off" she said a little bit of gloating in her voice. Lorelai rolled her eyes, her daughter was far too happy about this.

"Yes, yes, you're shrinking that's all good but I'm slowly expanding!" she said looking down at her growing stomach. She picked up her stomach flab with her hand and let it drop back down.

"Fine fine, you should also cut out anything with grease" she said knowing that wouldn't go over well with her mother. But ever since she had cut it out of her diet not only had she lost weight but she felt better and her skin even seemed better to her. Of course it had been great to begin with but she found herself having to use a few less facial products.

"What? So no more bacon cheeseburgers with fries and my normal cup of grease? Rory you're talking crazy talk" Lorelai said knowing that she was right but that didn't make it any easier on her.

"Mom you're just going to have to do it. I don't know what else to tell you" she said checking the time, shoot she was going to have to leave soon. They were meeting over at Scotts, she was supposed to be there at six but she couldn't wait. He wouldn't mind if she was early. After all she was his sweet girlfriend.

"I know you're right, do you think you can send me a list of exercises I can do? Or any food that I should eat?" she asked.

"Let me make this simple if you love it then don't eat it or get a small version of it. As for the exercises just see what you can find online. I have to go and meet up with Scott soon" Rory said standing up and getting all of her stuff together. It was a casual night so she didn't have to dress fancy.

"Fine and oh fun how much fun are you going to have tonight?" she asked unable to stop herself from prying into her daughters dating life.

Rory froze a bit at the question. She wasn't planning on doing anything but if certain things should arise then she wasn't going to stop them. She had been thinking that way the past two weeks but things just never really felt right. She was hoping tonight would be a bit difference. It was a big step she thought that she was ready.

"Well we're going to order some food and hangout. So a ton of fun" she said. She didn't want to tell her mom what she was considering doing. At least not yet, she knew that she had told her mom that she'd talk to her about it. But Scott wasn't Jess and honestly she wasn't sure she'd do anything. She wanted it to be romantic and talking with it about her mom beforehand was just not romantic.

Lorelai chuckled. "Well don't let me keep you from whatever you're really going to do" she said standing up.

"Goodbye, love you" Rory said hanging up and heading over to Scott's.

"Love you too" Lorelai replied. She looked around the house and suddenly felt depressed about sitting in a room of ill-fitting clothes. It was getting dark earlier so not a lot of work was being done on the Dragonfly thanks to that and the cold. She checked her watch. It was a bit early for dinner but screw it. She was lonely and at least talking to Luke made her feel like less of a hermit some nights.

She dressed in her only fitting pair of jeans, a nice red sweater, and a nice warm jacket. She slipped on some cute boots and she was off to Luke's. She'd just ask him what was healthy when she got there. Maybe he could help her, as long as he didn't know why she needed help. Yep, tonight was going to be perfect.

Rory made her way over to Scotts smiling in a dreamy state. She was burning calories, she was losing weight, and she had an amazing boyfriend. Sure she was about half an hour early but that'd be fine, he loved her presence. It just made her feel all bubbly and happy inside. College had started out a little rough but she had finally found her footing.

She made her way over to Scott's dorm and just opened the door. At this point neither of them bothered knocking. They had both seen each other…in certain ways so really there was little danger in it as far as she was concerned. Plus he said that his roommates would be gone, that's why they were hanging at this place. They could be alone.

That ended up being a mistake however, when she opened the door she couldn't believe what she saw. (FYI: I REALLY thought about leaving the chapter off here but that'd be cruel so you get an extra long chapter. The sacrifices I make).

She saw her boyfriend kissing some blonde girl. She felt like she had just been stabbed in the gut. As far as she had known Scott had been faithful but was he cheating on her this whole time? She felt like breaking down and crying but then in an instant she went straight to anger and disgust with a good mix of sorrow.

It took Scott a second to realize the door had opened both he and the blonde girl looked over at the angry Rory, both mortified.

"Rory…you're early" Scott said his face red; he had a look of shame on his face.

"Umm…I'm just…uh going to go" the blonde said grabbing her purse and hanging her head in shame as if she had never been in a situation like this before. She didn't give Rory a second look as she ran out the door, heels clicking on the pavement at a great speed.

Rory crossed her arms and looked at him with fire in her eyes. She wasn't going to put up with this but she had to know. "Why? And how long?" she asked him. Scott nibbled on his lower lip and thought very carefully before he spoke.

"It…just happened and about two weeks" he said. He couldn't lie to her, he never could. He hated that now, it just seemed like it would get him in more trouble. Rory's eyes widened and she looked at him like he was crazy.

"How does that just happen?" she asked demanding an answer. She couldn't believe it.

"Well we were still going pretty slowly and well…a lot of your weight talk just started getting to me. She was there and I just…I didn't sleep with her. I just kissed her" he said trying to make things better when in reality it was only making it worse.

Rory couldn't believe it. He had kissed that bitch while dating her? She just looked at him and shook her head. "I can't do this anymore. It's over between us. If you're willing to even see another woman now then you're not worth me time. I can't believe I was going to sleep with you" she said disgusted with herself. She turned and started to leave but Scott tried to stop her.

"Rory wait! I'm sorry I really like you. I just…it was a moment of weakness" he said taking her by the arm and trying to stop her. Rory pulled her arm away as if his hand had burned her.

"No Scott. If this was something that happened today I could have chalked it up to a moment of weakness. I'd even consider forgiving. But two weeks? Two fucking weeks? I can't forgive that, I'm sorry Scott have a nice life and I hope that she was worth it. Also I'm sorry that I care about looking good for you" Rory said walking away.

Her mind was spinning. Logically she knew that it was better to find out now but it still hurt. He had gotten annoyed with her because of all of her weight stuff. So he had gone to the arms of some blonde. It was a surreal feeling walking back to her place, knowing that her relationship was over.

As she walked back she took out her phone and called in an order for an extra large pizza with everything on it. Screw it, she needed to wallow. She had learned that with Dean and to an extent Jess. She just…she just needed to lie in bed for a while. She got back to the dorm and found Paris on the couch.

"What are you doing back? Weren't you out with lover boy for the night?" she asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" she said in a soft and weak voice. A voice that instantly caused Paris to become concerned.

"Did he try something?" she asked wondering if she was going to have to go and kick his ass. Rory shook her head.

"He's been cheating on me for two weeks. I just…I just need to be alone" she said setting her purse on the table. "I ordered a pizza for myself. When it comes just take the money out of my purse…I just…I need to be alone for a little while" she said heading into their room. She put on a pair of sweats turned off the lights and started lightly crying. Her anger had ceased with her adrenaline. God she was hungry, where was her pizza.

Paris just looked dumbfounded at the scene that had just occurred. She suddenly felt a wave of guilt overtake her. She had still yet to tell Jamie that she was no longer interested in him and that she was more interested in Asher. She was no better than Rory's asshole boyfriend. She took out her cell; she had a call to make. It wouldn't be fun but it was better than making him hurt the way Rory was hurting right now.

At the time that Rory was finding out about Scott, Lorelai was sitting down at a table at Luke's and looking over the menu. "Let me guess, a cheeseburger with fries?" he asked her. Lorelai shook her head at him.

"I'm actually looking for something a bit healthier than that" Lorelai said knowing she was about to hear it.

"Who are you and what have you done with Lorelai?" he asked her. Lorelai rolled her eyes.

"I'm being serious about this. I'm sure you've noticed but I'm trying to lose some weight" she said quietly. She didn't know why she was admitting this to him but he was going to find out soon enough. Since she did eat there every day, a change in eating habits would be hard to hide.

Luke looked at her and nodded. "Fine, but for what it's worth I still think you look great" Luke said being completely honest with her. To him she was still the most beautiful woman that he had ever seen. There was just a little more to love at the moment. Lorelai smiled at him.

"Well thank you Luke. Tell you what how about you bring me…you know what I don't even care. Just bring me something healthy and I'm actually feeling like breakfast so bring me some coffee please" she said smiling at him. Luke nodded and was off to place the order.

The more she thought about it the most Lorelai realized just how amazing Luke was. She had been feeling low all day about her body but he was able to make her feel so much better about her body in no time flat. Of course she felt that he was just being nice but still. The more she thought about it the more she started to realize just how much he did for her and how good she made her feel about herself.

After all she knew what her weight was. She knew she wasn't exactly looking her best at the moment but he still managed to make her feel beautiful. It was like something was waking up inside of her for the very first time. He had been willing to loan her the money, when she had broken down and sobbed in front of him he didn't tell her to stop. He just went and helped her.

She started feeling a bit of a pang in her stomach. She wasn't a hundred percent sure what it was but it was certainly different from the normal feelings she had for Luke. She smiled at him when he came up to her with her coffee.

"Okay I got something for you. It's not super healthy like bran because I know you'd just complain about it. But I figured a veggie omelette would be good" he said pouring her a cup of coffee. Lorelai opened her mouth to say something.

"Don't worry it's not all veggie. I put some chicken in there too so you'll get all of what you need" he said calming her down. She smiled widely at him. He was always thinking of her.

"Thank you so much Luke. Just keep it quiet. I don't want other people to know…" she said. He held his hand up.

"Hey I understand it's your life. Personally I think it's a little crazy since you look great but it's your body" he said getting back to work.

Lorelai smiled as she started eating her omelette. Normally she would have taken all of the veggies out but she did want to try and eat healthy so she could be back down to her old weight so she could wear her cute clothes again.

Rory knew that she should call her mother. But she just needed time to be alone with her pizza. It was already halfway gone and she showed no signs of slowing down. She knew that this was breaking her diet but she just needed something that made her feel good right now. She had been betrayed in a horrible way.

Paris knocked on the door and entered. "Hey…I'm going to go and spend the night as Asher's. I figure that you want to be alone" she said sheepishly. She was worn out emotionally from her talk with Jamie. It hadn't been fun but at least he could go and find someone else. She did not tell him about Asher though, she wished to spare his feelings some hurt.

"I don't need anything and I don't blame you. It's better than listening to me cry alright" she said putting a weak smile on her face. Paris returned it.

"Well if you do need anything just call, I'll be over here as fast as I can. Sure you don't want me to beat him up?" Paris asked trying to help her friend. Rory appreciated the gesture.

"No thanks. I'll be fine I just need time and pizza" she said taking another slice. Paris knew this would break her diet but she chose not to say anything, she needed it tonight.

"Well goodbye" Paris said leaving.

Rory was once again alone and sighed. How had she been so blind? Why had he done it? There were just so many questions. She felt the tears coming again and grabbed another slice of pizza. It was going to be a very long night.

(Continued in post 59 of this thread)

TheOwl

Not so wise
I do not know if you got the feel for the show right, as I have as I already said I’ve never watched it, but the flow of the story is very good and the interaction between the characters works very well.

If I was to have one criticism it would be that it has tended to have spent longer focused on Rory losing weight than when she was actually gaining it.

Can tell I have enjoyed it because I keep checking to see if any more has been posted and looking forward to the next part.

swiggy3000

I do not know if you got the feel for the show right, as I have as I already said I’ve never watched it, but the flow of the story is very good and the interaction between the characters works very well.

If I was to have one criticism it would be that it has tended to have spent longer focused on Rory losing weight than when she was actually gaining it.

Can tell I have enjoyed it because I keep checking to see if any more has been posted and looking forward to the next part.
Well don't worry too much about the weight loss against weight gain. This has always meant to be a longer story and we'll get there. I'm glad you like it, I tried to make it easy for fans and non-fans of the show to understand.

Thanks for the comments, it always helps.

swiggy3000

Weight: 160 lbs

Chapter 35

It ended up being a long night for Rory. She ended up finishing the pizza and then went and raided the fridge. She silently cursed her diet, thanks to that they didn't have any ice cream. She really wanted some but she just didn't want to go out tonight. So she decided none of that tonight. She lay in bed and thought about what she could have done differently. Nothing really came to mind.

Scott had mentioned her recent obsession with weight as a reason but to Rory that was a completely phony reason. She had been laying it on a little thick about how happy she was about her weight loss but she was doing it to look better for herself and to an extent, him. She blinked back tears; she just had no idea what she had done to make him cheat on her. Hell just breaking up would have hurt but it would have been better than seeing him kissing another girl.

Rory checked the time; it was a little late but not too late. She threw on a skirt and decided to head to the store, she needed sugar and she needed it now. She went to the closest store that she could find and ended up buying a box of Ding Dongs, three pints of ice cream, and two bags of Oreo's. Was it all unhealthy? Yes. Did she give a damn? No.

Once home she grabbed a spoon and started eating her cookie dough ice cream right out of the pint. Her mind was screaming at her that it was too many calories but her heart and stomach here overriding her mind. She was hurt and needed anything to make her feel better. She looked at her phone and wondered if she should call her mother. But the wound was too fresh; calling her would only bring unwanted questions. Tomorrow would be better for discussing it.

All in all she ended up eating two pints of ice cream, half the Ding Dongs, and one back of Oreo's. In addition to the pizza she had eaten earlier she was stuffed now but she felt better. It took her mind off her now ex-boyfriend. How had she been so blind? She wished she could go back in time and fix it but she just couldn't.

There were empty wrappers all around her and she knew she should clean them up but she just didn't have the will tonight. She lay down on her side and closed her eyes trying to force herself to fall asleep. A little hard with all of the excess sugar in her system but she was eventually able to do it, after she had shed a new round of tears.

When Rory woke up the next morning she just lay there for a bit, staring at the ceiling. This hurt worse than Dean and Jess. At least with Jess she had seen it coming, at least somewhat and had been busy. Dean was bad both times but she had never considered going as far with Dean as she had with Scott and for some reason that made it all the worse.

Eventually her stomach growled, it was demanding some breakfast but she didn't feel like getting out of bed. Hell she didn't feel like leaving the apartment or getting out of her sweats or t-shirt. Of course no one would have wanted to see her anyway.

In her hurry to eat her clothes had become stained with crumbs, pizza sauce and grease, and ice cream. Her hair was all messed up and nowhere near the normally impeccable way it looked. Her face was red and tear stained. Her entire look was slumped. She just didn't feel good. This was worse than the time her grandmother had called her a pig.

Just then the bedroom door opened, Paris had returned from her night with Asher. She brought with her a box of donuts. She knew that Rory would need something like this in the morning and she knew they had no food in the house. Honestly, healthy stuff sucked when you were wallowing or in pain.

"Hey these are for you" she said opening up a box of a dozen assorted donuts. She also handed her a cup of coffee that she had gotten for her. Rory grabbed a chocolate frosted donut and nearly stuck the whole thing into her mouth at once. Paris looked at her but quickly looked away when Rory gave her a look.

"Bad night?" Paris asked. Suddenly wondering why she'd ask such an obvious question.

"It wasn't great..." Rory said sipping on her coffee. Paris had no clue what to say so she just nodded. She had never really been touchy feely so this was just hard for her to gauge.

"You'll find someone who really deserves you eventually" Paris said trying to make her feel better.

Rory gave Paris a weak smile. She knew how uncomfortable this was making her and it made Rory feel good that her friend was at least trying. "Thanks Paris. But I just need some time alone" she said grabbing two more donuts to make her breakfast complete.

"Well I'm going to head to the library to study" Paris said grabbing some of her books. "If you need anything just call me and I'll do what I can to help" Paris said figuring that her friend wanted some more alone time. Rory nodded at her.

"Sure thing, and have fun" she said munching on a donut. Paris once again left and Rory was once again alone. She let out a sigh and once again looked up at the ceiling. She knew that it was time to give her mother a call. She was going to find out sooner or later and it might as well be sooner. She had some alone time now. Knowing her roommates this could get very loud very quickly.

It was only nine; a bit early for her mom on a Sunday but it was worth a try. Rory took a deep breath and speed dialed her mother.

Lorelai was actually up that morning, she had trouble sleeping last night. She started going over her entire relationship with Luke. How she had really felt about everything that he had done for her in her life. In theory he should have gotten sick of her a long time ago but he hadn't. In fact he had stayed by her side and always tried to help her whenever he could. The only others who had those qualities were Sookie and Rory.

Everything that every person had ever said to her about Luke started replaying in her head and she wondered if there wasn't some truth to what they said. It was weird, she'd go out and date people but she never really looked at Luke in a dating sort of way. But she was opening her eyes a little bit more and wondering if maybe a date with Luke would not be the worst thing in the world.

Okay it could end crashing and burning and she'd never get Luke's coffee again but was coffee really worth not giving someone a chance? Especially someone who was nice to her all the time, tried to make her feel good, and was always there for her. She drummed her fingers on her stomach. He also wasn't turned off by seeing her gaining weight. That had to count for something too.

She was broken out of her thoughts when her cell rang. She smiled seeing that it was Rory, probably calling to tell her how awesome her dating life was and that she had lost another five pounds. Well she did have to be happy for her.

"Hello daughter of mine how was the date?" she asked in a chipper tone. So chipper that Rory almost hung up the phone right there.

"Mom…" she said in a pained voice giving away just how bad the situation was. Instantly Lorelai sat up in bed. This could be bad, really bad. Had he tried something with her? Why did her daughter sound so hurt?

"What's wrong?" Lorelai asked mentally getting ready to get in the care to drive to Yale. "Are you hurt, did something happen?" she asked in a panicked tone.

"Mom…I'm fine…I mean…not fine it's just…Scott…Scott…well he was cheating…on me" she said in a quiet tone, holding back her sobs. Lorelai's heart broke for her daughter. It couldn't be a good feeling being cheated on.

"Aw honey…I'm so sorry. How are you holding up?" she asked her daughter. Rory was in the process of stuffing another donut in her mouth.

"Not great" she admitted her mouth half full of donut.

"Why didn't you call me last night?" Lorelai asked.

"It was too fresh. I just…I had to think it over and I just needed time to process. It wasn't a good night" she said plainly.

"Well I wish you had called me, what did you do? And how did you find out?" Lorelai asked wondering how bad it really was.

Rory sighed, she didn't want to admit it aloud but she was going to have to. "I went over and found him kissing a blonde girl and well…I broke up with him and started wallowing. I mean this was a guy I was considering, well you know with" she said just putting it all out there. Lorelai was actually a little surprised that she hadn't gone all the way with him. Sure it was Rory but her eyes had gotten so dreamy and it just seemed like she was at that moment where the time was right. She was thankful her daughter was her daughter now.

"Oh honey…some guys are just going to be jerks. Be happy you found out now and not later. Do you think you'll get back together with him?" she asked nervously.

"No! I'd never go back to a guy who cheated on me. It wasn't like this was a moment of weakness where I might consider it. But he did it for two weeks. I just…I can't trust him. He's not worth it" she said, she was fuming now.

"Okay, I understand. You'll be fine. You just need to relax a bit. I know that you'll be fine. Do you need anything?" she asked her daughter. She was prepared to drive up there right now if she asked.

"No, I mean…Paris has actually been a big help. I just thought I should tell you. I just feel like there's something wrong with me. I mean why would he cheat on me, what did I do?" she asked her mother hoping for an answer.

"Honey listen very carefully to me. There is nothing you could have done to prevent this. Some guys they just can't stick with one girl or they won't care about your feelings. You just…need to wallow for a bit and move on. If he cheated on you then he's not worth it" Lorelai said in a gentle but firm tone. She actually wanted to walk to her daughter about Luke but she was in not state for that conversation.

"I know…I just guess that I'm sad that it ended like this" Rory admitted sighing.

"Well you'll find another guy at one point. At least you gave him a shot. Just remember not all guys are like that. One day you'll find one that makes you feel good about yourself, helps you, treats you right, and does everything he can to make your day better…" Lorelai said trailing off as she realized that she was describing Luke. Had she really been that blind for so long?

"I hope I do find that guy one day…" Rory admitted now feeling more depressed because she thought Scott had been that guy but she had just been too foolish to see it. "I'll talk to you later" Rory said sadly hanging up the phone.

Lorelai tried to stop her but it as to no avail. She debated calling her daughter back but she needed some space right now. If she wanted to talk then she'd call. Otherwise it would be best to leave her alone for the moment. She'd give her a call tonight and see how she was. God her head was starting to hurt, between this and her thoughts about Luke it was starting to get too much. She needed something to eat. Of course her kitchen was mostly barren, she should have probably gone to Luke's but she needed some time away from him to think. So two strawberry pop tarts for breakfast would have to do.

Rory ended up just laying there for a while. After a bit she decided to get up and watch TV. There was nothing good on but it was better than the silence. At least this could keep her distracted. She was lost in whatever she was watching when her stomach growled. She checked the time and was amazed to see that it was already noon.

Once again she didn't want to go out so she did something she hadn't done in months, she ordered Chinese take-out. She ended up ordering a normal order for herself and her mom, which was really enough for about 4-5 people. But she was hungry and she deserved it. She was going to try and heal her broke heart with food. At least that's what her stomach and part of her mind planned to do.

Another part of her mind knew that she should be sticking to her diet but she didn't care. She had a hunger that needed to be fed and she was going to do whatever she could to make it better.

swiggy3000

Weight: 164 lbs

Chapter 36

The whole week had gone by far too fast for both Lorelai and Rory's tastes. Lorelai had been avoiding Luke's all week while she tried to think over her feelings for Luke. She was never great at making big decisions like this. This was agonizing for her; she started thinking of everything that could go wrong between the two of them. After all if they had a bad break up then it was over, she wouldn't be able to go to the diner ever again.

She kept going back and forth between the two choices. The downside to this was that with her mind on this and the Dragonfly she ended up snacking a lot more than she meant to. The damage could have been a lot worse though. There were all kinds of problems at the Dragonfly so she was spending most of her time there. There wasn't exactly a lot to eat there, the danger was when she was at home and was just casually eating all the time.

It wasn't enough to add more than a pound of fat onto her growing frame. But with all of her running around she should have at least lost a pound or two. Still she thought she was closer to making a choice now. She was going to go for it. She went back and remember how weird she felt when she first found out about Rachel or when he started dating Nicole. Now that she was out of the picture she was going to have to try it and whatever happens, happens.

Rory was not feeling the peace that her mother was currently feeling. She had spent the entire week in a depressed state and somehow felt worse than she had on Saturday. The only time she felt better was when she was eating something or drinking coffee. A week long binge had not done her body well.

Overall her weight gain was an impressive three pounds since Saturday. Not that hard to believe considering that she kept on trying to stuff herself. Every meal ended up being a different cuisine with a mix of sugary candy in-between meals.

Rory sighed as she stepped on the scale. It was Friday and it was time for her weigh in. She wasn't looking forward to it and wasn't surprised when she found that her weight had climbed. That didn't help her depressive state. Not only had she gained some weight back but now she was going to have to go and tell her grandmother that she had failed and put weight back on. She felt so low, but she hadn't even hit rock bottom yet. At least that was how she felt, it just seemed like it was never going to end.

The three pounds didn't make that much of a difference to Rory's overall look. But her overall attitude had changed since the last dinner. She just kind of slumped around no. She didn't feel like sitting up or standing up straight, she felt low. She always had a few tears in her eyes whenever she thought about him or their relationship. It had gotten so bad that Paris had to put all of her stuff into a Scott Box and take it out of her sight. She didn't know why this was bothering her so much but the fact that she had been cheated on just made her feel like dirt.

You know it's a bad week when you stay in sweats the whole week which is exactly what Rory had done. Was it cute? No. But she didn't give a damn. She knew that this was Yale and she should dress the part and be better than that but at this point none of it mattered to her. All that mattered so doing what she needed to so she could keep her A's and not moving out of her bed unless she had to.

Paris smiled sadly at Rory as she came out of the bathroom. She was looking awful, but at least her hair was out of a ponytail now and washed. So that had to be some improvement. Of course when she saw Rory plop herself down on the sofa she wasn't so sure there was any improvement in her friends' life.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready to go to your grandparents?" she asked hoping that actually getting her out of the apartment would be great.

"I know…I just…I don't feel like going tonight" Rory said crossing her arms. Paris gave her a tight smile. It hadn't been a week yet so she was going to hold her tongue but this wasn't healthy for her friend. She had finally seemed to find her own footing and now this happened. She wished she could do more than just be an onlooker while her best friend, well only friend in a way, hit rock bottom.

"Well I know but hey it could be worse. You found out early, imagine if you were engaged and he had done that to you" Paris said earning her a bit of a glare from Rory. "Hey I'm just trying to help. I just think that wearing sweat pants to your grandparents would go about as well as me bringing a Christmas tree home" Paris said. That did earn a smile from Rory and a bit of a chuckle.

"Paris I know you're trying to help and it means a lot to me. I just have to work through this. I'll try to get out a little bit more" she promised. Paris gave her a look.

"Oh and I'll clean up my side of the room" Rory said blushing a little bit. Her side of the room was full of leftover boxes and wrappers from fast food, takeout, and junk food. Paris smiled at her.

"Thank you, I mean I just want the room to be somewhat clean. Plus we'll get ants" Paris said shuddering a little bit.

"I think I'll go and clean up before I get ready" Rory said standing up. Her legs felt a little weak since she spent almost the entire week sitting. They weren't about to give out or anything they just hadn't gotten enough exercise. Normally Rory would walk around the campus. This week it was just class and back. So her legs weren't getting their average workout.

She took out a trash bag and started filling it with the evidence of her gluttony. She was actually a little embarrassed about this. Sure Paris had seen her eat before but never like this and not with evidence of it all around her. Once she finished cleaning up the room she started getting ready for dinner, that meant checking herself out in the mirror and she didn't love what she saw.

Thanks to all the sugar, chocolate, and bad food she had eaten her skin had broken out a little bit. Nothing some makeup couldn't hide but still it was there and she could feel it. For a girl who had rarely broken out it was another hit to her ego and it made her feel bad about herself.

Rory eventually decided to wear a black dress. It was a bit plain but she didn't feel like putting a lot of fuss into her wardrobe tonight. Tonight was going to be unpleasant, she had to tell her grandparents about her break up and how she didn't lose weight. Thank god for school going well otherwise she'd feel like a failure in all regards.

For the first time in a while it was Rory who was late to Friday night dinner. Lorelai was sitting there in uncomfortable silence "So…Lorelai how is the inn coming along?" Richard asked.

"Well the weather has actually been nice to us the last couple of weeks. We've had a few issues but so far we're still looking for an opening date sometime in the spring." Lorelai said. It was the same question and answer session they had every week but at least he cared enough to ask.

"Well that's good, it also looks like you've been eating well" Emily said. She'd never break her promise to Rory but that didn't mean that she wouldn't put in a subtle jab every now and again. After all she had not raised her daughter to lose all control of her appetite. Lorelai smiled tightly, she knew the comments were coming she wasn't going to show how much they hurt though.

Although that comment went over her, she was too concerned about Rory at the moment. She had talked to her a bit during the week but she just didn't seem to be getting any better. She just seemed to be carrying this weigh her. Hopefully she'd get better soon but like Paris Lorelai knew that there was little she could do to help. Rory just had to get better at her own pace.

Just then the doorbell rang and Lorelai thanked whatever god allowed Rory to arrive at that moment. She wouldn't be able to take it any longer. Rory walked in and like Lorelai was wearing a black dress in an attempt to look thinner but unlike Lorelai, Rory did not look good tonight.

There was just an aura of depression about her tonight. Lorelai's heart ached for her daughter. Having not seen her all week this was without a doubt worse than she had imagined. To someone who didn't know her they would have thought that Rory looked great albeit a little sad. But Lorelai knew her daughter and to her it looked like Rory was about to break. Please let this dinner be eventless.

Emily also noticed that something was wrong with Rory. Although she chalked it up to a bad day and maybe that time of the month. Still something was off with her granddaughter and she could only hope that it wasn't too bad.

"Hey" Rory said simply sitting down. She really didn't want to be here or around anyone but with little to no choice she'd just have to fake it for a couple of hours.

"Hello Rory, sparkling water to drink?" Emily asked her and Rory just nodded simply. Lorelai gave her daughter a smile and patted her on the knee in a show of support.

"So Rory how was your week?" Richard asked hoping that school would be a good subject to talk about.

"Actually I have a bit of news…Scott and I broke up" Rory said simply, without crying. Richard felt uncomfortable. Of course this would come up.

"I'm sorry, how is school?" Richard asked trying to quickly change the subject. He had liked the boy but he never had any illusions about Rory staying with him forever. She was a young lady, a quite beautiful one, and of course she would have many suitors. She'd find someone who was perfect for her soon enough.

Emily was taking it a little bit harder than Richard. She had really liked the boy. Still she was at school with a lot of fine young men. Maybe she'd make a few calls this weekend.

Rory was thankful when her grandparents let the Scott thing drop. She couldn't handle talking about it at all. So she started telling her grandfather how school was going. She had gotten two A's this week which perked Richard up.

The rest of the dinner actually went quite well. Rory was starting to be happy that she came. The food was good, her stomach was happy it wasn't the junk she had been eating all week. Lorelai was happy too this was actually a perfect dinner. She was actually starting to think that maybe luck was on their side tonight.

"So Rory…any new news on your diet?" Emily asked casually as they ate dinner. Richard gave his wife a look along with Lorelai. Rory just looked really guilty, something that did not go unnoticed by all at the table.

"Not great" Rory said simply feeling like a child who was about to get a stern talking to. Emily opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Richard.

"Emily I just remembered I need your opinion on something and it's something that can't wait" he said giving her a look. Emily wanted to say something but said nothing and followed her husband into his study leaving Lorelai and Rory alone.

"You know it's a not a big deal right? You had a bad breakup this week. If you didn't lose weight or even gained weight it's not a huge deal" Lorelai said trying to comfort her daughter. Rory wanted to mumble out easy for you to say but didn't. She just nodded at her mother not really believing her but she didn't feel like getting into it now with her.

"Richard what is this about?" Emily asked as the door to his study closed.

"Emily I know what you were about to say and I have one piece of advice. Don't. Now I've listened to all of this weight loss talk and never said anything about it. But this has to end now. Your own granddaughter looked like she was about to break because she was going to disappoint you and for what? A small hiccup because she's dealing with a break-up. Don't think I haven't noticed your jabs are Lorelai either" he said.

"Well excuse me for just wanting my daughter and granddaughter to be healthy" she said.

"There's a difference between trying to help them and making them too nervous to come here just because they may have gained a pound or two. Don't think that they'll put up with this forever. Because if they can Rory and Lorelai will find another way to pay for Yale" he said.

He knew it was a bit of a low blow. His wife's greatest fear was never seeing Lorelai or Rory again. The time between Lorelai leaving and the start of Friday Night Dinner's nearly killed her. She loved seeing the both of them every week. Even if she was a bit overbearing when it came to the girls, sometimes.

Emily didn't have an emotion on her face as she thought over what he husband said. She knew that he had a point. "Fine…I won't say anything but if it gets worse…" she said. Richard nodded at her.

"If Lorelai and Rory both keep gaining weight then you can say something" he said thinking that it was unlikely to happen.

"Let's go back to dinner" Emily said. It was going to be hard to bit her tongue but she wasn't going to say anything. At least not today, still she would monitor the situation and see what happened. The rest of dinner went surprisingly well. Rory felt a weight lifted off her shoulder when her grandmother didn't say anything. Even when she took an extra roll at dinner her grandmother hadn't said a word.

She was still depressed but at least her grandmother hadn't given her a long talking to that she had been expecting. That was one bright spot on her crummy week.

Latest posts