Guy's Skills/Hobbies Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MrBob

After a few months of use, I've developed a real fondness for the natural, uncompressed, power of a real, unprocessed, electric bass guitar, as I've seen, heard, and felt on many great You Tube video's. This Dutchman's channel, infusion26, is unbelievable!!! His playing, instrument, and audio capture are, hands down, the best I've found on You Tube!!!
To be honest the best way I've found to get that sort of tone is to play fingerstyle as that Dutch guy is, use a clean amp channel with all effects turned off and using flatwound strings. Roundwounds just have too bright a sound. Another advantage is that flatwound strings can last for years in the right hands. Though with me being a putz who doesn't know my own strength sometimes I only get a couple of months out of them...and they are absolutely murder on the fingers.

I'll be getting one of these in the near future, they have a lovely tone!

imfree

In Remembrance
To be honest the best way I've found to get that sort of tone is to play fingerstyle as that Dutch guy is, use a clean amp channel with all effects turned off and using flatwound strings. Roundwounds just have too bright a sound. Another advantage is that flatwound strings can last for years in the right hands. Though with me being a putz who doesn't know my own strength sometimes I only get a couple of months out of them...and they are absolutely murder on the fingers.

I'll be getting one of these in the near future, they have a lovely tone!

Hope you can get that lovely instrument!

I find myself wondering if the Dutch guy played through a direct box. My heavily damped 10" subwoofer just thumps and purrs that guy's every note with such power and precision that I just drool when I fantasize what a half-a-kilowatt would sound like from a real instrument through a 9 cubic foot cab, heavily damped, with 9 of those Dayton 10's!!!

The single 10", at 50 watts, loaded into the corner of my walk-in closet sounds and feels like a real instrument and amp, so 9 would....:eek:

imfree

In Remembrance
:doh:Sorry Guys, I forgot to caption the IMG in that last post!

Here!

Any resemblance between this wiring job and
a roll of gnarly, rusted-up bobbwar (Southern
for "barbed wire") and/or haywar (hay-bailing
wire) is purely coincidental!!!
Sweeeet!!! The bobbwar/haywar fence patch held fine!:D The electric varmits did not scramble data in my hard drive during today's storm, despite a near-by lightning strike hitting a power line, dropping our house outlet voltage to around 40 for 3 seconds, and even tripping the circuit breaker on the oxygen concentrator!:happy:

cakeboy

Douchepuncher Supreme!
Lately I have been enjoying traditional manly pursuits, like combing my luxurious thatch of chest hair, drinking mead, and making my own sausages. This summer I expect to excel at the ancient arts of yodeling and writing my deep philosophical ponderings on artisanal papyrus, hand-rolled by wise old hippies on a commune deep in the woods of northern New Hampshire.

tankyguy

I'm a 3d artist and modeler.
I don't have a lot of newer work to show off and the horror/monster stuff I do tends to turn some people off.

Latest posts