Quantcast

Halloween

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barbsjw

It's not gonna be what it normally is, but is everyone looking forward to Halloween?

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Halloween party time for adults is out, but the kids should be able to go trick-or-treating safely. After all, they'll be outdoors, the treats they get will be packaged, and everyone will be masked.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
It is such a shame about Covid hitting this particular halloween.
* it falls on a Saturday (averages one year in seven)
* full moon (averages a bit under one year in 29)
* combine those two, it is something that only occurs on average every couple of centuries.

It would be the perfect year for a pretty epic halloween, but it will be pretty muted instead.

In my city they have asked people not to trick-or-treat. I tend to agree with Dr. Feelgood that it should be possible to do it responsibly, but I suppose the issue is that not everyone will be appropriately careful. Still, it is disappointing.

Tracyarts

I have to stay in, I take immunosuppressant medication for my autoimmune disease and I can't safely be around groups of people. My husband has a behind the scenes seasonal weekend job at a renaissance faire that's taking place despite the pandemic, so he's going to be working. He said I could come to the faire and hang out with him if I wanted to, but even in the building where he works, other employees come and go, so I would have to wear gloves, goggles, and an N99 mask the entire day. And if I went out into the public space to walk around the faire, I'd have to try to maintain social distancing among a crowd of 20K+ people. So that's a big Hell No. I'll spend my day watching old Halloween movies and then fix myself a mug of apple cider and go sit on the back porch and look at the moon for a while next Saturday night.