Halloween!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

cakeboy

Douchepuncher Supreme!
I hope everyone had a fun Halloween, what with the candy being thrown to and fro. Every Halloween reminds me of my first foray into fat activism at the tender age of 12.

I was fat and sassy even then, with my carefully assembled ninja costume and clear disdain for pirates.* Two good pals and I roamed for hours, collecting huge hauls of candy and bags of chips and whatever else those crafty suburban ladies were throwing into our pillowcases. We were finishing up our well-planned route on the street next to mine, so that my friends' parents could pick them up safely at my house. Our very last stop was at the home of a lady in the neighbourhood, a renowned curmudgeon and sharp-tongued harpy who never had anything nice to say to anybody.

We went to the door and knocked. A few moments later, she opened the door and we all shouted "trick or treat!" and expectantly held out our pillowcases. Without incident, she plopped a single wrapped candy into my friends cases. When I went up for my share of the loot, she drew back, paused, and looked me up and down. I smiled as best I could under my ninja mask and said "trick or treat!" again. She slowly reached out and put a candy in my case, and said "Aren't YOU a little BIG to be trick or treating?".

Without a word, I reached into my pillowcase, dug out her candy and dropped it back into her bowl. I lowered my mask and said "Aren't YOU a little UGLY to answer the front door?".

Looking back, I could have done better. On the other hand, it's my opinion that once you start taking shit from people, you never seem to break the habit.

*See the internet for the whole pirates vs. ninjas thing.

Wanderer

Actor at Extra-Large
Never had such problems myself, and I was a very round 10-year-old at just over 200 pounds. Guess I was lucky. :)

ssbwjedisweetheart

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween, what with the candy being thrown to and fro. Every Halloween reminds me of my first foray into fat activism at the tender age of 12.

I was fat and sassy even then, with my carefully assembled ninja costume and clear disdain for pirates.* Two good pals and I roamed for hours, collecting huge hauls of candy and bags of chips and whatever else those crafty suburban ladies were throwing into our pillowcases. We were finishing up our well-planned route on the street next to mine, so that my friends' parents could pick them up safely at my house. Our very last stop was at the home of a lady in the neighbourhood, a renowned curmudgeon and sharp-tongued harpy who never had anything nice to say to anybody.

We went to the door and knocked. A few moments later, she opened the door and we all shouted "trick or treat!" and expectantly held out our pillowcases. Without incident, she plopped a single wrapped candy into my friends cases. When I went up for my share of the loot, she drew back, paused, and looked me up and down. I smiled as best I could under my ninja mask and said "trick or treat!" again. She slowly reached out and put a candy in my case, and said "Aren't YOU a little BIG to be trick or treating?".

Without a word, I reached into my pillowcase, dug out her candy and dropped it back into her bowl. I lowered my mask and said "Aren't YOU a little UGLY to answer the front door?".

Looking back, I could have done better. On the other hand, it's my opinion that once you start taking shit from people, you never seem to break the habit.

*See the internet for the whole pirates vs. ninjas thing.
LMAO I love it. I went trick or treating this year- yes i know am too old but,hey its free candy ;)- anywasy i took my friend's little bro who has autism and we got to this one house that took one look at me and closed the door:mad: baby(nick name4 my frinds little bro) started to wimper (its his was of crying) i stood there ringing the doorbell till they open up again and said 'congratulation you made autistic child cry. Happy Halloween.' and walked off.

Deanna

Huzzah
For what it's worth, pirates are far superior.

(and it has nothing to do with Johnny Depp)

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Did anyone here dress up for Halloween? I was expecting some costume pictures to be posted, but I didn't see too many go up!
And as usual... I will only post my photos if I see some others first!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Oh that's actually a really good idea!! I don't think I've seen any of my friends go as a ring master/mistress in the past! I may have to steal that idea one year ;)
So...let's see your costume :p

This board has been sort of dead, lately. You should revive it.

(I would join you in posting, but I'm positive that at least one person will be offended in an epic sort of way...)

Esther

Queen Black Acid
So...let's see your costume :p

This board has been sort of dead, lately. You should revive it.

(I would join you in posting, but I'm positive that at least one person will be offended in an epic sort of way...)
Hahahaha. Okay, I'll go... but if nobody else posts their photos after me, I will be totally bummed out!!
I'll leave this up for a few days. I went as a cave woman! I made hairy boots, too... but they are not in the photo, unfortunately.

This was taken at a party so I don't have any photos of just me by myself... so I had to scribble someone out to preserve his anonymity!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Hahahaha. Okay, I'll go... but if nobody else posts their photos after me, I will be totally bummed out!!
I'll leave this up for a few days. I went as a cave woman! I made hairy boots, too... but they are not in the photo, unfortunately.

This was taken at a party so I don't have any photos of just me by myself... so I had to scribble someone out to preserve his anonymity!
That's awesome! Dye the fur purple and you would have been a convincing Ayla from ChronoTrigger!

djudex

I'm out
I didn't dress up for Halloween as anything other than a big dude in formalish clothes for a wedding, sorry Esther.

That being said, I would totally club you over the head and drag you back to my cave ;)

Esther

Queen Black Acid
That's awesome! Dye the fur purple and you would have been a convincing Ayla from ChronoTrigger!
Hahaha! You actually hit the nail on the head there! I was thinking of going as Ayla this year... that's where the idea came from! I had it all planned out but then I started to think about how skimpy a costume like that would be... and I'm just not brave enough to wear something like that. So I made a dress instead.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
I didn't dress up for Halloween as anything other than a big dude in formalish clothes for a wedding, sorry Esther.

That being said, I would totally club you over the head and drag you back to my cave ;)

By my hair, I hope ;)

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic

Wow...fuck me?

Jackoblangada

Dayum! Would that I had been at that party. Now I wish i had dressed up for Halloween just so I could return a photo in kind...instead I shall rep you.