Hangover

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

deanbpm

Well I went out at 2pm yesterday and didn't get back in till 6am or something and now I have the worst hangover I have ever had. My mouth feels furry and someone has rudely put a Newtons cradle in my brain.

Has anyone got any good hangover cures? Other than not drinking in the first place?

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Unfortunately, my best cure only works in the winter, preferably when it is -10C or lower, especially if there's a snowstorm (how Canadian....). Here it is anyway, for future reference:

Put on some shorts and a t-shirt, walk at least 5 minutes to a store, purchase 1L of milk, return home and drink it. Hangover defeated, every time.

LeoGibson

Happy
For me, go out and do some manual labor in 100 degree Fahrenheit weather. You will sweat the poison out in no time flat, but since you live in England, that may be problematic. I'd say find a nice sauna and take a good long steam, then a cold shower. Then a nice spicy meal, should put you right again.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Ibuprofen, lots of fresh water and sleep.

And before you drink, take two ibuprofen (no more than that regardless of 'what works for you' or your size) and alternate water with every other, or if you must, every two drinks. Part of the hangover is dehydration, so hydrate yourself.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
always a hair of the dog that bit you...wether its a bloody mary or mimosa....have several with a greasy burger......then sleeeeeeeeep

topher38

Old Warhorse
always a hair of the dog that bit you...wether its a bloody mary or mimosa....have several with a greasy burger......then sleeeeeeeeep
That is my cure.. I should know. I have been a drunk for about 6 months now :rolleyes:

theronin23

In Remembrance
When I can't drink water and take ibuprofen before I pass out, greasy food. The closest burger joint with the cheesiest, baconiest burger, a large order of fresh fries, and unsweetened ice tea. every time

deanbpm

Ended up rolling with two cans of monster, two bottles of San Pellegrino and a bottle of mango juice.

To be honest I still felt like shit yesterday, not going to hit it that hard ever again :rolleyes:

Geodetic_Effect

Unfortunately, my best cure only works in the winter, preferably when it is -10C or lower, especially if there's a snowstorm (how Canadian....). Here it is anyway, for future reference:

Put on some shorts and a t-shirt, walk at least 5 minutes to a store, purchase 1L of milk, return home and drink it. Hangover defeated, every time.
Sounds like my average day in the winter, except with 3.79 liters of milk and no shirt.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
The best cure for a hangover is to drink your own pee. Learned that one from Bear Grylls.

barazion

Really the best cure for a hangover is to put on a larger t-shirt that you can tuck under your belly into the pants that your hang keeps up without a belt, and then go out to an all you can eat breakfast bar. Eat until you are asked to leave, then waddle out to your car and drive the three blocks back home basking in your indulgence, then take a nap and repeat the entire process.