Quantcast

Happy Birthday Me!!! :D

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
I thought I'd jump the gun and beat anyone else...Ha!

I'm 39 for the second year today...

No, I am not scared of 40, but I have always loved Jack Benny, and he was 39 for 41 years... I'm gonna beat him!
And, yes, I couldn't wait to get to be 39 forever...when I was 10 or so. I was a weird child...

-Ron

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
Happy Birthday you lil pup you :) hope it is an excellent 39th year....again.

Tanuki

Bear. Rawr~!
Happy Birthday man!

I hope its a good one!

^____^

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
Hozay! We kick much ass, we June 9thers... And my B-Day is 6/9/69... WHich has all sorts of crude jokes/quips from folks over the years...

:|

kayrae

doot doot doot
Happy Birthday, Gemini!!!!

Ron, I am serious about taking you out for a pint somewhere. You have been such an awesome SF buddy. Thanks for all the DNA Lounge hook-up. I hope your birthday is fabulous!

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Dear Uriel,

Happy Birthday Big, Blue-Haired Guy! "Hope you have a smashing birthday. I looked at your profile and noticed you keep mantis shrimp. Being an old Biology teacher, I couldn't resist looking up the reason such critters were worthy of retention. The answer was that the stomapods are amazingly complex and older than we humans are. Here's some things Berkley College said about them:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/aquarius/vision.html

The eyes of some groups of stomatopods are probably the most complex in the animal kingdom.
• they have stereo vision with just one eye;
• each eye is up on a stalk, with a wide range of motion;
• stomatopods have up to 16 visual pigments (in contrast, we humans have three—red, blue, and yellow);
• stomatopods can also see ultra-violet and infra-red light, and some can even see polarized light.

Recently, Berkley scientists discovered the mantis shrimps can use polarized light to send coded signals (like morse codes) to each other thru the water.
The theory is that the signals are for hunting or defense. We cannot see these flashing red and white signals and neither can most other animals with only the naked eye. We can see them using polarized filters (like polarized sunglasses or camera filters).

(The little black and white picture is a baby.)

View attachment mantisshrimp_2.jpg

View attachment eyesforvision.jpg

View attachment larvae2.jpg

Ernest Nagel

is old
Like my Dad say, "It's not the gettin' old that bothers me. It's the fallin' apart that pisses me off!" :huh: Happy Birthday, U!

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
XLI

OWN IT. :D

Get radical. Do the following:

Crew cut
Dye you hair a radical brown, black or auburn
Three piece suit
House in the burbs
own a dog
two cats
marry a WASPy, mousy and skinny sorority girl
Have 2.6666667 kiddies
apply Scots Turf builder to the lawn every month
Get comfortable shoes with tassels
Join the NRA
Give to the Republican Party
Listen to Rush every day

Aw hell. Just stay a widdle kid at 39. :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Uriel!

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
Sorry to butt in here.

Is that sketch of you? Or is it a sketch of a lady that LOOKS like you?
I could be wrong, but that very much looks like the handiwork of our very own Les Toil. And just a coinci-dink that it favors our own Barb slightly.

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
I could be wrong, but that very much looks like the handiwork of our very own Les Toil. And just a coinci-dink that it favors our own Barb slightly.
Def a Les-ski. :D

And to be fair to Barb, just a quick look makes me think of her. Not the face so much as the body type. She knows what I mean. And the pink color. She has been posting pics in pink.

Now if the Toil girl was in black leather holding a cat-o'-nine tails, well then.....:D

oh.....and to stay on topic, maybe Uriel need a good friendly BBW whippin', OWA. Make it happen! One for each year (like a "dom" punch in the arm). He'll plead to being under 18 real fast.

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
...snip...

oh.....and to stay on topic, maybe Uriel need a good friendly BBW whippin', OWA. Make it happen! One for each year (like a "dom" punch in the arm). He'll plead to being under 18 real fast.
HAHAHAHA! Careful, I may be gears-up in SanFran for Folsom :batting:

Latest posts