• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Happy, Healthy, Fat Old People

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Hi! I am wondering if we can start a thread where we list all the fat people we know who have lived along time. With all the deliberate lies and fake studies out there, concrete proof to the contrary can make people take a second look at our side of the story. The average person has no idea what the stats mean even if they weren't so much bunk. I can't tell you how many times I have run into people who are surprised there are so many fat people who remain healthy into a ripe old age. I started one on BFB as well, but the format changed and it is in the forums so one has to register to see it. I say the more it is disseminated the better. I will start:

The town of Roseto PA, which gave us the "Rosetto Effect." Populated by Italian immigrants, these fat folks had a lower rate of heart disease than their neighbors. It is hard to find an article that mentions them being fat, but at least this one does acknowledge they ate fat. (Although link to book mentions weight.) I don't know who this guy is, or what his agenda is either, this is just one of the more readable links I came across. Links and pics help get the point across.

http://www.innerself.com/Health/roth_ron_01254.htm

Latest posts

Back