hard wired from birth to admire fat...I know I am. How about you?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

skinnie minnie

I have to believe that we are just who we are and no amount of questioning why we love the fat body is going to find a definitive answer. I have to believe we are just born that way, especially because I personally have no control over it whatsoever. It's just the way I am. NO complaints! How do you feel about this?

FAbrony

i dont have any complaints either. I just dont have the easiest time being open with it when my familey is very pro thin you know?

I think it's possible, but I don't think I had any inclinations early in my life until I was a preteen. I believe that when compared with a lot of peers, I develop a more neutral view of fat early on. Age eleven is when I started to question a lot of things, and that's when I started noticing girls that would defy what I thought I knew I liked.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
Certainly true for me. I always knew, way before puberty.

I have to believe that we are just who we are and no amount of questioning why we love the fat body is going to find a definitive answer. I have to believe we are just born that way, especially because I personally have no control over it whatsoever. It's just the way I am. NO complaints! How do you feel about this?

I was a born FA. Always had crushes on the fat teachers when I was in grade school. And after I got up the courage to ask out my first girlfriend who was of course very beautiful and very fat, and I was so happy she said yes and we started dating and a few months later she announced she was going on a diet and I remember feeling very ill and was devastated. I was only 15 but the feeling was unmistakeably horrifying as I witnessed her lose lb after lb. Of course I didn't say anything but I knew I was different and when people would comment on her successful weight loss I would literally feel pain to the point of getting dry heaves.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Hmm, interesting thought.

For me, I have always been intrigued by fat ever since I was a little kid. I remember when I was seven whenever I played make belief games with my best friend I would always want to be a fat version of whatever animal or pokemon we were being, especially if it meant I was too fat to fit through something or too fat to fly or whatever! My friend always went along with it and never questioned it. I also was fascinated by fat animals. When it came to bigger people though, I was about twenty before I realised that I liked them. I'd read lots of stories about bigger people and was always looking at art work of bigger people on deviantART but I'd never considered liking big real people until then. So I've always been infatuated with fat in any form but it wasn't until I was an adult that I realised I liked rounder people!

musicman

I hate fat-haters!
I have memories from the age of 5 that convince me the preference is hardwired in my case, and I've heard similar stories from other FAs. However, I've also heard stories where the person believes it was triggered by some specific event or person in their life. In many cases, it is difficult to know whether the preference developed over time, or was always there and just took time to be discovered. The human mind is also very good at rationalizing things after the fact, so this adds to the puzzle.

fatmac

My love of fatness is hardwired from birth. My earliest memories involve being caught binging on candy or sneaking extra food.

All of my sexual attractions have been for well rounded partners.

BigFA

No question I have been hard wired from birth to love fatter women. I remember being in first or second grade and infatuated with nanny who was living with us and was very large. She slipped one day in the hallway and had difficulty getting back up because of her weight, and I can still remember being oddly turned-on by that situation even though I was only seven years old. I was often infatuated with heavier teachers in grammer school, and when I reached high school, I gravitated toward dating chubbier girls. Throughout adulthood my taste in heavy women has grown to where now women 250 to 500 lbs. really turn me on. And my own weight gain of 120 lbs. has been a source of inner sexual pleasure as well as I have fattened up to 300 lbs. I just love fat and really don't know why other than being born that way.:)

Piink

I've been with guys of all sizes, from stick thin to 400+ lbs. But I prefer a husky guy. Think big strong arms, wide shoulders, and a belly. I like feeling safe and secure when he wraps his arms around me.

And, I guess, it is because I have always idolized my dad. I want the man I marry to remind me of him. (Sounds so creepy, I know) ... Growing up I mimicked my dad, from the way he talked, to the way he walked (he has mild Cerebral Palsy) and doctors thought there was something wrong with me. But, nope. I was just a hardcore Daddy's Girl. And I still am to this day. To me, my dad is the perfect man, both in looks and personality.

One of my first boyfriends (I mean I was like 4 and had 3 boyfriends at once!! I was a pimp! lol) was a chunky little guy who had a nickname of Hoss ... So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something I've admired since I was a little girl.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I'm not so sure that many of us can tell the difference between "I was born this way" and "I was this way by the age of (about) 4." I know I couldn't. From whatI read here and there (and this may be outdated or ill-informed, I've never really researched it) most people have a hard time accessing early memories, from before our identity had really formed....but from somewhere around two until four there is a sort of hormonal surge, and it is thought that some of our sexual identity gets formed in this period.

In other words, for sure lots of us were wired this way for as long as we can remember....but that doesn't mean for sure it was from before birth.

skinnie minnie

It's really nice to have som many responses to my post, and it seems there are many different points of view which is refreshing to say the least.
And FAbrony points out something I'm sure countless FA's have lived with, myself included...not just the pro-thin society we live in, but a pro-thin family. I too am a member of a pro-thin family. It took me a long time to tell myself that it's their problem, not mine. Life is too short for shame.

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
I'm not so sure that many of us can tell the difference between "I was born this way" and "I was this way by the age of (about) 4." I know I couldn't. From whatI read here and there (and this may be outdated or ill-informed, I've never really researched it) most people have a hard time accessing early memories, from before our identity had really formed....but from somewhere around two until four there is a sort of hormonal surge, and it is thought that some of our sexual identity gets formed in this period.

In other words, for sure lots of us were wired this way for as long as we can remember....but that doesn't mean for sure it was from before birth.
I always enjoy your objective perspective. Unfortunately, I am out of rep for you at this time. Good post.

It was a specific event for me. When I was 5 years old and still in daycare before kindergarten even. Someone explained to me what fat is, what it looks like in food, on a person, that it is bad for everyone, and thin people look better. Fat was bad.

One of the caretakers at my daycare was a young attractive BBW with very wide hips. It was the 80s so she wore spandex every day. I think I was her favorite kid there because she always seemed to give me lots of attention compared to other kids there. Being 5 years old, I had no social filter and just learning what fat is means I had to point it out. I told her she was fat and she should not be, a few times in a row. She started arguing that she was not fat, and started crying. I saw how much it hurt her saying it. It was also one of my first memories of what I say really effects someone.

And something in my mind snapped. She was fat, but rather than being “bad”, I really liked her. The switch flipped, fat girls are good. Not only was she good, she was attractive. So fat girls are attractive. I noticed she was a bit distant with me after that, so I realized I needed to be nice to fat girls. To me, it was the most obvious life-changing event I have experienced.

Within a few days of that, I was by some guys gawking at a women walking by with large breasts. They made comments to each other about how huge her tits were (she was thin). I noticed that thin girls usually did not have big breasts. Fat girls on the other hand much more often had big breasts. This reconfirmed what I had just learned, fat girls are attractive.

It sounds like a story out of Greek tragedy. I wonder what she would have thought if she knew what happened to me because of it.

Extinctor100

Looking for Angels
It sounds like a story out of Greek tragedy. I wonder what she would have thought if she knew what happened to me because of it.
What a moving story, thank you for sharing! It really got me thinking as I felt I could easily empathize with your experience. Wow.

For myself, I was always a pretty introspective kid. I was aware in my youth that I found fat women - especially supersized women - extremely exciting and attractive. I felt a sense of gratification in seeing fat female cartoon characters like Hoppopotamus from The Wuzzles or Annabelle from Eek! The Cat ... the hippos from Disney's Fantasia always were a joy to watch. My stuffed animals were always paired off with a big, round female and a little or lanky male (my little plush toy rabbit dated a pink Big Things puffalump elephant for a long time, LOL)... I just felt it was best and right. I honestly didn't even hear anything negative about fat girls until I was in my early teens, to be honest. I guess I was unimpeded in my developing a love for big women in my childhood! :D

landshark

Happy to be part of Dims!
What a moving story, thank you for sharing! It really got me thinking as I felt I could easily empathize with your experience. Wow.

For myself, I was always a pretty introspective kid. I was aware in my youth that I found fat women - especially supersized women - extremely exciting and attractive. I felt a sense of gratification in seeing fat female cartoon characters like Hoppopotamus from The Wuzzles or Annabelle from Eek! The Cat ... the hippos from Disney's Fantasia always were a joy to watch. My stuffed animals were always paired off with a big, round female and a little or lanky male (my little plush toy rabbit dated a pink Big Things puffalump elephant for a long time, LOL)... I just felt it was best and right. I honestly didn't even hear anything negative about fat girls until I was in my early teens, to be honest. I guess I was unimpeded in my developing a love for big women in my childhood! :D
That is awesome that it came so naturally to you. For me I don't know for certain that I was hard wired or not. I think to a great extent I am, but I have also watched my wife lose over 120 pounds and couldn't be more proud of her. So I clearly have a lot of flexibility in my preferences.

With this in mind, I think "hard wired" is probably a bit extreme in my case. But I think my preferences were shaped by a childhood "girlfriend." I told this story recently on another thread, about a classmate who sat on my lap in school one day. I was about 12 years old. While it was not easy to have all the others in the class, boys and girls alike, laughing at me, I noticed how instantly "excited" I got when she sat on me. A day or so later I was walking past her house and knocked on her door. It took me forever to spit it out (awkward age) but I eventually confessed to her how much I enjoyed it.

She said she enjoyed it as well and that we could go into her room and do it again. She was a pretty big girl and I was a pretty skinny boy. We were perfect together. I think the age at which this happened is significant. We were both very curious about each other's bodies and how they are designed to work together.

I did find it very difficult to have a chubby girlfriend at that age. Other kids were pretty brutal about it, but I always found comfort when we were alone together and it was worth being made fun of. It was also a glimpse into her world because she got teased about her weight nonstop. She was very much in command when we were together, which I believe to have been in response to being so unable to control her surroundings beyond her bedroom door.

After she moved away I maintained a subtle preference for big girls but kept a lid on it for many years. I'm glad I eventually surrendered to it.

Latest posts