Has anyone ever considered leaving or actually left dimensions before?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
what are colitas? :confused:

Your colitas is the tube that connects your belly button to your colon. Smoking them isn't for the faint of heart... Same with goletas, you really have to dry them out... very fibrous also.

The fuzzy balls always cracked me up...

Fascinita

Jeez, we're blessed!
The fuzzy balls always cracked me up...
We had a sofa that was trimmed with similar fuzzy balls.

Maybe a car is like a sofa to these guys.

I've heard, though, that goletas have nothing to do with Cheech and Chong and that, in Spanish, the word actually means "man who likes 'em fat but can't say so in public."

Obviously, Cheech and Chong have no trouble showing their love for the fat stuff in public.

imfree

In Remembrance
We had a sofa that was trimmed with similar fuzzy balls.

Maybe a car is like a sofa to these guys.

I've heard, though, that goletas have nothing to do with Cheech and Chong and that, in Spanish, the word actually means "man who likes 'em fat but can't say so in public."

Obviously, Cheech and Chong have no trouble showing their love for the fat stuff in public.

Cheech:Heeey Labrador? What the f**k is Labrador?

Chong:Well, my dog ate my stash and I had to follow
the little motherf**ker with a baggie for a week to
get it all back!

imfree

In Remembrance
So those Cheech and Chong guys were really smoking somebody's colon?
No man, the Lab ate the guy's s**t, then s**t
it out, then Cheech and Chong were smoking
s**t that was dogs**t!!!:eek: What a s**tty
post!!!, this must have been my worst, I'll
probably be repped to death for this one.

Happenstance

Cautious Pessimist
Sometimes, I spend an awful lot of time coming up with interesting, thought-provoking posts for this place... I don't know, sometimes even in flawless iambic pentameter... and no one notices. That's when I feel like leaving. But it's only sometimes. There's a time when I feel like leaving for everything I've ever done.

LalaCity

Your colitas is the tube that connects your belly button to your colon. Smoking them isn't for the faint of heart... Same with goletas, you really have to dry them out... very fibrous also.
What is a goleta, exactly? I'm asking because I actually live in Goleta, Ca., and I have no idea.

LalaCity

What is a goleta, exactly? I'm asking because I actually live in Goleta, Ca., and I have no idea.
Never mind, I just answered my own question. Goleta is a genus of spider native to Madagascar (eww eww eww! And I hate spiders!). Obviously, it's unlikely to be the origin of the name of this town, which is probably some kind of Spanish name, and all...still, EWW!

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog

The only reason I know this is because my mom lives on a street called "Goleta" and I always wondered myself...

It is the Spanish word for "schooner", a type of sailing ship.

(A couple of paragraphs translated via AltaVista free translation... somehow "candle" is being mis-translated, I believe it should be "sails" instead of "candles"...)

A schooner is a two more mast or ship there have been (them until of seven woods), being the mizzen major the one, with the equipment formed by auric candles (brig sail, scandalous) and of knife (foques, stay candles); that is to say, candles prepared in the wood following the line of crujía, stern prow, instead of mounted in cross-sectional yards as the square candles.

The schooner disappears in century XIX along with navigation to candle. Its equipment had great influence in present the sport boats of candle and in the modern constructions of great ships of candle, like ships school or for entertainment, that almost always use equipments of type schooner or its variants.

LalaCity

A schooner is a two more mast or ship there have been (them until of seven woods), being the mizzen major the one, with the equipment formed by auric candles (brig sail, scandalous) and of knife (foques, stay candles); that is to say, candles prepared in the wood following the line of crujía, stern prow, instead of mounted in cross-sectional yards as the square candles.

Everything's crystal clear now, Stan! Thanks! :D

No, seriously, thank you -- that's interesting information.

beginner FA

Thanks everyone: - I would of liked to respond individually to all those really helpful comments but I didn't expect so many!

Maybe i shud upload a profile pic...

Any other Scottish FAs out there???

superodalisque

i feel like leaving a lot of the time for various reasons. a post made today made me totally realize why i'm still here:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48212

freedom is really important to me. so its hard sometimes when i feel that i am being required to be a certain way or put into a box of some kind. intolerance bothers me. we are all very opinionated in here as we should be. thats ok. but what isn't ok is the accusatons and name calling etc... the lack of basic respect really gets me down sometimes. its so counterproductive to acceptance.

i'm always wrestling with what acceptance means anyway--not just for BBWs and BHMs but for FAs and FFAs. there is a balance between tolerance, self protection and allowing yourself to become a victim to the issues other people have that they'd like to act out on you. sometimes its hard to make the call. its particularly hard when its friends you like and care about. but i find more and more as i get older its harder to deal with people who are running on fear.

overall i can say that its better to stay and try to contribute something positive. things have changed a lot for the better and they will change some more. i think you'd probably like to be in on it.

Mathias

SAMCRO
I was only gone from here because I was dealing with major computer problems.

KHayes666

Go away
I was only gone from here because I was dealing with major computer problems.
That's not so much leaving dimensions as it just not being able to get in here.

The rest of us have contemplated not coming in here at all, which I still deal with on a daily basis.