Have you ever been ID'd as a FA (m/f)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
I'm curious if any of you, male or female have had this happen to you...

Just the other day my wife and I were out with our daughter at a local park upon which this relatively large sized woman with her child also arrived at the park. Her daughter and our daughter began playing together and at some point this woman and I sparked up a conversation. My wife who is obviously also large sized was sitting next to me a few feet away. Somehow I could tell by this woman's comfort in talking to me that she recognized I found fat women to be attractive. I've occasionally noticed while being with my wife, or when the fat girl tattoo on my arm was visible, fat women who seemed to recognize that I was a FA appeared noticeably more comfortable engaging me in conversation than women who more than likely didn't know I was a FA.

I'm curious to hear other people's take on this...

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
You could be right, Stan, but there are too many variables involved to be sure. For example, the setting: what could be less threatening than talking to a couple whose child is playing with your child? The lady might have reacted differently had you been alone. Then, too, your own demeanor must contribute a lot: you consistently come across as a gentleman and a genuinely friendly person, someone who means no harm. I suspect more people notice that than notice your tattoo.

Finally, I have noticed that, in my own case, the women I meet seem a lot more relaxed around me now that my hair has turned gray!:eek:

shadowmaker87

personally, i think big girls have more of a personality than a thin chick! they are more fun to b round with! tattos on them look way much cooler , they have way much more resecpt for othr ppl n they know how to strike up a convo and they r so much funnier ! my wife is big n i love her 4 her ! if i had to meet 1 of u guys (bbws) i would really love to take ur picture! im being serious bout ttht too!........ mark:eat2:

StarWitness

part square, part drape
My best friend is definitely on to me. We were watching Mad Men, and I remarked on how much I like Harry Crane, and he just kinda smirked at me and commented, "I knew you'd say that."

I'm usually way too shy IRL to flirt with BHM. I'm always concerned that because I'm a BBW that they will assume that I'm assuming they're the only guy I think I can get, or that we're "supposed to" be hitting on each other because we're both fat.

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
My best friend is definitely on to me. We were watching Mad Men, and I remarked on how much I like Harry Crane, and he just kinda smirked at me and commented, "I knew you'd say that."

I'm usually way too shy IRL to flirt with BHM. I'm always concerned that because I'm a BBW that they will assume that I'm assuming they're the only guy I think I can get, or that we're "supposed to" be hitting on each other because we're both fat.
OMG! You've just said exactly why I don't hit on fat guys! I thought I was the only one who felt that way :blush:

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
personally, i think big girls have more of a personality than a thin chick! they are more fun to b round with! tattos on them look way much cooler , they have way much more resecpt for othr ppl n they know how to strike up a convo and they r so much funnier ! my wife is big n i love her 4 her ! if i had to meet 1 of u guys (bbws) i would really love to take ur picture! im being serious bout ttht too!........ mark:eat2:
Wow....since BBWs are "way much cooler" than us thin chicks, one must wonder why we're even allowed to live! :confused: :p

Anyway, snark aside, I'm ID'd as an FA by friends all the time. It's not even exclusively old friends - new friends (who have not seen my husband) still seem to clue in. For example, I was playing the drinking game "never have I ever" (if you've never played, one person says "never have I ever ___" and then everyone who has done that thing has to take a drink) with some fairly new friends, and one of them looks right at me and says "never have I ever fucked a guy over 300lbs." They all bust out laughing (ribbing, mind you...no hate) as I down my entire gin sour ;)

zosimos

I've occasionally noticed while being with my wife, or when the fat girl tattoo on my arm was visible, fat women who seemed to recognize that I was a FA appeared noticeably more comfortable engaging me in conversation than women who more than likely didn't know I was a FA.
Can we please see a pic of your fat girl tattoo?

And yeah, I think I get ID'd as a FA pretty regularly, often from involontary salivatory double-takes.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
I'm curious if any of you, male or female have had this happen to you...

Just the other day my wife and I were out with our daughter at a local park upon which this relatively large sized woman with her child also arrived at the park. Her daughter and our daughter began playing together and at some point this woman and I sparked up a conversation. My wife who is obviously also large sized was sitting next to me a few feet away. Somehow I could tell by this woman's comfort in talking to me that she recognized I found fat women to be attractive. I've occasionally noticed while being with my wife, or when the fat girl tattoo on my arm was visible, fat women who seemed to recognize that I was a FA appeared noticeably more comfortable engaging me in conversation than women who more than likely didn't know I was a FA.

I'm curious to hear other people's take on this...

That Tattoo you have is awesome- and that fact that you resemble two movie stars doesn't hurt. Make sure the TMZ folks keep their distance

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
Im pretty forward with BHMs in real life, since a majority are wicked self concious and wouldnt know Im in to them. Plus most of my friends know, and joke about it. Its all good. I got no reason to hide in the closet.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Im pretty forward with BHMs in real life, since a majority are wicked self concious and wouldnt know Im in to them. Plus most of my friends know, and joke about it. Its all good. I got no reason to hide in the closet.
I'm trying to work on this :(

Many a time I havn't realized until much, much later that she might have been into me, while at the time I was telling myself she is just being nice to me. I'm getting better though! I think.

Emma

You could be right, Stan, but there are too many variables involved to be sure. For example, the setting: what could be less threatening than talking to a couple whose child is playing with your child? The lady might have reacted differently had you been alone. Then, too, your own demeanor must contribute a lot: you consistently come across as a gentleman and a genuinely friendly person, someone who means no harm. I suspect more people notice that than notice your tattoo.

Finally, I have noticed that, in my own case, the women I meet seem a lot more relaxed around me now that my hair has turned gray!:eek:
Old people always seem to smile and talk to me when I've got a fringe.

BothGunsBlazing

Back...ish
I have been.

My friends and I were watching Jackass 2 and the scene with Goddess Patty jumping on Wee Man came on and they all turned to me and said "I BET YOU KNOW THAT CHICK" all sarcastic like and I'm like, yep, that's Goddess Patty, we've spoken a few times online, she is very cool.

Cors

Delurking
Shadowmaker87, I bet you haven't seen Melian's tattoos. :rolleyes:

I agree, I had to throw myself at BBWs and they still won't get it, but they all get scared off when I tell them how much I looove their size. It is funny how strangers actually take me more seriously.

samuraiscott

True Story
If there are any FFAs in my neighborhood that like BHMs, feel free to holla anytime. :wubu:

Oh, and I like BBWs:D

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Not really. In fact, most people around where I live don't even know what the hell a FA is. lol

But most larger girls around here tend to be kinda bitchy when I talk to them. Even if I were to just say hi.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog

That Tattoo you have is awesome- and that fact that you resemble two movie stars doesn't hurt. Make sure the TMZ folks keep their distance
Oh yes, I still get the Alda / Viggo double take now and then... the hazards of being a dual movie star look-alike... ;)

No doubt my friendly demeanor and charming personality are a draw for the ladies in the park... when I'm not ranting and kvetching about something course... ;) As for the gray hair... ehem... yes I'm getting there also... :eek: :p

You may be right, there are many variables no doubt... The simple fact that I was with my wife could easily have been a factor in having another woman feel more comfortable engaging in conversation with a male (myself). But there were many other instances where I sat in that park (or other parks) and larger sized women didn't seem so outwardly willing to engage in conversation. It could have been the friendliness of that specific person. But I do think on a few occasions, large sized women specifically approached me and engaged in conversations because of my fat girl tattoo. (Identifying me as a FA, or simply as a matter of curiosity...? Again, hard to say...)

Can we please see a pic of your fat girl tattoo?

I'm on a computer that I can't easily upload a pic at the moment, but here is the Miami Ink vid where Deidra and I got our fat girl tattoos. There is a closeup of my tattoo towards the end of the video. I had a serious bad hair day btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYWGy2ueBxE

Latest posts