Quantcast

Have you ever had anyone envy you for being fat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

0nlnn

The Great and Epic 0nlnn
I had a friend who is skinny as a rail who once asked me if we had the chance to change sizes (he be the big fat guy and I be the little skinny guy), would I do it. I told him sure, as long as I could change back. While I like my fat self, I have always wondered what it would be like to be skinny. So yeah, I guess that is sort of being envious of my fat. I love my fat.

KuroBara

"She Coo"
I myself envy ladies who are fat in all the right places. I hate that I have no hips, barely any breasts, and no ass, but weigh over 300 lbs. I am completely jealous of pear and hourglass figures because they look truly feminine. I can totally sympathize with thin girls who may feel the same way. For all the media hype about thinness, the girls who are considered sexy still have curves and not sharp edges.

liz (di-va)

Once while I was posting on Dims she asked to look over my shoulder and actually said, "Wish I was fat so I could be in a secret club and fight America". She was being funny, but sometimes she means it, she wants to feel what we feel, and experience what we go through, not in a morbid sense, but just because it's how her heart works.
That is hilarious and sweet. Heh.

I remember talking about going to a bash once to some thin people I didn't know very well and they were like, "That's so cool! We want a big party to go to!" It was sort of silly, but people do say things like that occasionally.

I have a short/petite Asian friend with whom I have a surprising amount in common in this world (finding clothes, etc.) who said something something kind of envious once. I think she meant she wished she just had more to work with.

Sometimes there is that kind of envy that is more like: "I wish I could cop out of the dieting rat race like you [and be fat]," which, although vaguely insulting also has a kind of wistful envy about it.

I think there have been other occasional comments that might be called "envy," although I have crappy anecdotal memory and can't remember any off the top of my head.

Doesn't happen often though!

olwen

Disco Bear
No one's ever expressed any envy over my size but a few skinny girls I know have said seeing me wear tank tops gives them the courage to be themselves or something like that.

bonified

Not jealous of my fatness, but jealous what fatness brings sometimes. Like that I have no crows feet due to fat filling them in and also getting the front seat all the time.

duraznos

Not jealous of my fatness, but jealous what fatness brings sometimes. Like that I have no crows feet due to fat filling them in and also getting the front seat all the time.
that front seat thing is so true! lol

KingColt

Artists tend to think outside the figurative box and have a great appreciation for curves on women. Though I've been an electronic hobbyist for years, I've only recently realized that I have an artist's soul and create electronics as art. For example, look at this classic tube stereo amp, with it's rounded shapes ans symmetry. A lot of women adore artists because they are creative in making love!
well now that sure made a whole lot of sense

Lamia

Like OMG!!
Sometimes there is that kind of envy that is more like: "I wish I could cop out of the dieting rat race like you [and be fat]," which, although vaguely insulting also has a kind of wistful envy about it.

!
This is so true and I also think is why fat peeps keep get so much hostility aimed at them because they aren't dieting and being miserable like everyone else.

Twice in my life while just being somewhere and smiling to myself I've had some stranger say "What are you so happy about fatty?"'

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I don't recall anyone ever being envious of me being fat. On several occasions I have had people comment on how jealous they are that I can eat what I like and not have to worry about my weight. One particular time I was on a date and we were enjoying the food at the cheesecake factory. When out dessert came my date excused himself from the table for a few minutes and the ladies who were sitting next to us leaned in and exclaimed how jealous they were of my big slice of snickers flavored cheesecake, I just told them to have a piece and live it up for once, to which they happily complied.

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982
I don't recall anyone ever being envious of me being fat. On several occasions I have had people comment on how jealous they are that I can eat what I like and not have to worry about my weight. One particular time I was on a date and we were enjoying the food at the cheesecake factory. When out dessert came my date excused himself from the table for a few minutes and the ladies who were sitting next to us leaned in and exclaimed how jealous they were of my big slice of snickers flavored cheesecake, I just told them to have a piece and live it up for once, to which they happily complied.

I find it weird that people say this to me...why can't they, the non-fat people, eat a piece of cheesecake? Do they think that one slice will kill them, or cause them to explode in fatness? One slice of cheesecake, or pie, or treacle tart isn't going to ruin your life...so weird. Even if I wasn't big, I would still get it if I really wanted it. Why spend your life in constant denial?

P.S. I love the Cheesecake factory and would seriously compromise myself for a piece of Kahlua Coffee Cheesecake. That needs to go on my Food Glorious Food post :)

Latest posts