Hayyy, gurl (or bro?)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

flyingsolo101

PS3 only? My dad got me into gaming when I was really really little. That was like... the only upside of my dad. Anyway, I understand the whole work/school take over. I'm about to hit that point again in... 10 or so days. I've been completely off this summer (which sucked big time). My job is only through the school year so it was super tight.

Hey, a good jean is a good day. Haha. What was the sudden change of wardrobe? Just a you make over? I gotta do that at some point. :p
Yeah, haha, PS3, only. My money goes to gas for school since I make about an hour commute, or stuff for my guitar, or recording equipment. I might get a Wii U system, just because it's a full HD console (Right? Not entirely sure about that). I'm not really an Xbox person, mostly because of the monthly fee for online play, n' stuff. I'm lucky to be able to work during the summer, but it's also pretty slow during the summer time.

Oh, you couldn't be more right! I enjoy a good jean. I just don't have too many. The sudden change in wardrobe was that there was a Lands End sale where I could get new pants, a new blazer, and a new Oxford for $5 each :) Also, I just enjoy dressing up. I don't need too much of an excuse to dress up, haha.

Yeah, haha, PS3, only. My money goes to gas for school since I make about an hour commute, or stuff for my guitar, or recording equipment. I might get a Wii U system, just because it's a full HD console (Right? Not entirely sure about that). I'm not really an Xbox person, mostly because of the monthly fee for online play, n' stuff. I'm lucky to be able to work during the summer, but it's also pretty slow during the summer time.

Oh, you couldn't be more right! I enjoy a good jean. I just don't have too many. The sudden change in wardrobe was that there was a Lands End sale where I could get new pants, a new blazer, and a new Oxford for $5 each :) Also, I just enjoy dressing up. I don't need too much of an excuse to dress up, haha.
I want a Wii U and a PS4... Xbox can suck it. All of it because I hate that system. I have one because of some girl... it's a long story but I kept it because my roommate and I got some pretty good games. The whole Xbox one thing is... ridiculous and I just don't like Microsoft as a whole but I can't afford completely Apple products at the moment so... I'm stuck with them for a little while longer.

That's really awesome! =) The whole sale thing. What brings you to these forums? If you don't mind me asking =)

DKnight00

Gamer
LaylaDiamond, it's SO fun! I'm not sure what console(s) you have, but I'm a PS3 gamer through and through. Well, gamer is putting it lightly these days. I spend a lot of my time at work or school anymore. But as far as DBZ, my feelings for it are just left over from when I was a kid, haha. My reasoning for watching it and playing it so much is not because it's good, but because when I was a kid, I got home RIGHT AFTER Dragon Ball Z got over. Every. Time. So, I must be making up for it now, haha.
I can still watch every DBZ episode and not get angry, as much as I would with Naruto or other Shonen. I've gotten into other Seinen like Berserk and Monster now though, can't get enough of those.

I'm loving my PS3 right now as well, although my co-worker wants me to get games that were MADE for PS3 like Uncharted, most of the games I'm buying are all PS1 Asian RPGs like Jade Cocoon, and The Legend of Dragoon.... also going to get Megaman Legends and re-buy Brave Fencer Musashi.

I want a Wii U and a PS4... Xbox can suck it. All of it because I hate that system. I have one because of some girl... it's a long story but I kept it because my roommate and I got some pretty good games. The whole Xbox one thing is... ridiculous and I just don't like Microsoft as a whole but I can't afford completely Apple products at the moment so... I'm stuck with them for a little while longer.
I don't really hate Microsoft as much as some other people I talk to, I have a 360 and PS3, but I DO HATE the fact that they tried to go through with this online check every 24 hours, and the registering games on consoles could have been a hassle. Although they took it out, I'm going for PS4, as they will be easier to work with when I hopefully publish my own indie game on it. I've heard nightmare stories only with Xbox.....

If anything though, Xbox/Xbox 360 introduced me to Western RPGs which I guess are more close to table top gaming than the Asian ones. I just wish they would have the polish of a game like FF13 (only graphically, I don't like this game), and the characterization of games like Dragon Age, Fallout New Vegas, and Mass Effect 2, but with a great single player campaign story, and a big open world with extensive character customization.. like in Dragon's Dogma or Saints Row 2...

Most Eastern RPGs nowadays, I can't stand, but there is also a draught in good western ones (especially after DA2 and ME3)... I love playing Skyrim for it's world and all, but the characters and story falter to me... might pick New Vegas or Dragon Age 1+Awakening again soon....

flyingsolo101

That's really awesome! =) The whole sale thing. What brings you to these forums? If you don't mind me asking =)
Haha, gotcha. Yeah, I'm not too up on the news of the Xbox One stuff, but from what I've heard, it would make me continue not owning an Xbox of some kind. My entire program at school (Recording Engineering) uses Mac, so it would just make everything easier, as far as recording stuff on a Mac of my very own and being able to work on it when I'm at school, as well. Are you in school? If so, what for?

That sale was amazing! I just wish there weren't so many people, of course.
Well, I was searching for a place where I could meet people who have a similar preference to me. Kinda simple as that.

I can still watch every DBZ episode and not get angry, as much as I would with Naruto or other Shonen. I've gotten into other Seinen like Berserk and Monster now though, can't get enough of those.

I'm loving my PS3 right now as well, although my co-worker wants me to get games that were MADE for PS3 like Uncharted, most of the games I'm buying are all PS1 Asian RPGs like Jade Cocoon, and The Legend of Dragoon.... also going to get Megaman Legends and re-buy Brave Fencer Musashi.
Is there a good site to watch DBZ? And if you've seen DBZ Kai, is it worth it? They seem to be the only DBZ episodes easily available on bluray. I really can't wait to see the new movie! In my opinion, the Uncharted series is really fun, and even though it can get cheesy at times, it's got a great story. I wish I could get more into RPGs. Maybe I just have to be pointed to different ones.

DKnight00

Gamer
Is there a good site to watch DBZ? And if you've seen DBZ Kai, is it worth it? They seem to be the only DBZ episodes easily available on bluray. I really can't wait to see the new movie! In my opinion, the Uncharted series is really fun, and even though it can get cheesy at times, it's got a great story. I wish I could get more into RPGs. Maybe I just have to be pointed to different ones.
I haven't kept up with DBZ since some tournament after cell saga.. I think I stopped halfway into the boo saga, but I mean, if I WERE to watch it, I could watch it with no problem again without getting upset. I don't know any websites that you can watch it online though. I think sometime in the future I may try to buy the series starting from the original DB days.

I'm going to get into Uncharted soon, buying 1 & 2, 3 came with my system when I bought the PS3 about a month ago, but haven't opened Uncharted 3 until I beat the first 2 of course.

As for RPGs, I used to primarily play eastern ones as that was what was available to me at the time since I couldn't PC game as a kid. Some old school ones I like (and are in the process of buying in a couple hours on Amazon ):

Jade Cocoon, Legend of Legaia, The Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross and Trigger, Xenogears, Digimon World 1

Some Non RPGs I'm buying are Megaman Legends 1 and 2.

As for current gen stuff.... I like Fallout New Vegas... a lot.. I feel your companion characters that you find out in the world have so much depth to them, it's great... but it has quite a few technical difficulties on PS3,360, and PC... actually most western RPGs will almost always have technical issues compared to their eastern counterparts, I can only assume it's because of the massive amount of information/exploration/possibilities that are present in them.

I REALLY like Fallout New Vegas, and Dragon Age Origins/Awakening. Skyrim I've played tons of hours, however the character development is nil in that game... if it had the extensiveness that New Vegas,m Dragon Age or Mass Effect (2) had with characters, I'd love it more.

The Mass Effect series is ok if you've never played it.....well.. each game has it's positives and negatives I guess. I like a mixture of 1 , 2 and 3, primarily 1 though. Gameplay was updated as the series continues, and your choices are suppose to have an effect on each new game that comes out if you have your save file.... not sure if you heard all the drama that happened with that series though.

I've been hooked on Western RPGs, as you can create your own character, and generally be good/bad, ruthless/forgiving etc. The only Eastern RPGs I've gotten into, are Dark Souls/Demon Souls, and Dragon's Dogma. I really like both games, however I feel Dragon's Dogma fell quite short in certain departments. Although they are eastern, and most generally have a predetermined character you are forced to play, and no decision making, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls/Demon Souls both have a character creation process, Dragon's Dogma being the most extensive I've seen so far between both western and eastern, in being able to make male/female, fat/skinny/muscular, short/tall...

Sorry just realized I wrote walls of text !!! Have you ever played any RPGs previously ???

DKnight00

Gamer
The only Eastern RPGs I've gotten into, are Dark Souls/Demon Souls, and Dragon's Dogma.
Actually, re-reading my post that's not true, I've played Final Fantasy 13 (didn't like, but great graphics and some music tracks), Final Fantasy 13-2, Lost Odyssey (Old school, REALLY need to play this again, only played for about 2-4 hours I think), Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate... Magna Carta 2.... those are the only ones I've played this gen I can think off the top of my head... oh yeah and Valkyria Chronicles, as well as White Knight Chronicles (which is the only other Asian RPG that I can remember that has character creation this gen).

Out of those, Although old school, i liked Lost Odyssey quite a bit, the amount I played of it. felt mature, not angsty as most E/JRPGs are for teens. Resonance of Fate had a pretty cool battle system, but I saw the grind begin at a point. Also, Valkyria Chronicles I feel is different and great. I haven't beaten ANY of these beyond Final Fantasy 13 however, need to get back to these when I have the time!

flyingsolo101

As for current gen stuff.... I like Fallout New Vegas... a lot.. I feel your companion characters that you find out in the world have so much depth to them, it's great... but it has quite a few technical difficulties on PS3,360, and PC... actually most western RPGs will almost always have technical issues compared to their eastern counterparts, I can only assume it's because of the massive amount of information/exploration/possibilities that are present in them.

I REALLY like Fallout New Vegas, and Dragon Age Origins/Awakening. Skyrim I've played tons of hours, however the character development is nil in that game... if it had the extensiveness that New Vegas,m Dragon Age or Mass Effect (2) had with characters, I'd love it more.

The Mass Effect series is ok if you've never played it.....well.. each game has it's positives and negatives I guess. I like a mixture of 1 , 2 and 3, primarily 1 though. Gameplay was updated as the series continues, and your choices are suppose to have an effect on each new game that comes out if you have your save file.... not sure if you heard all the drama that happened with that series though.

I've been hooked on Western RPGs, as you can create your own character, and generally be good/bad, ruthless/forgiving etc. The only Eastern RPGs I've gotten into, are Dark Souls/Demon Souls, and Dragon's Dogma. I really like both games, however I feel Dragon's Dogma fell quite short in certain departments. Although they are eastern, and most generally have a predetermined character you are forced to play, and no decision making, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls/Demon Souls both have a character creation process, Dragon's Dogma being the most extensive I've seen so far between both western and eastern, in being able to make male/female, fat/skinny/muscular, short/tall...

Sorry just realized I wrote walls of text !!! Have you ever played any RPGs previously ???
Well, for whatever reason, RPGs and me don't really mix well. I've tried Fallout 3, and...well, I don't know. It might just be something to do with me liking a specific story line, rather than a choose-your-own-adventure kinda game. That's why I haven't quite logged too many hours onto Skyrim, either. I guess I've enjoyed some action RPGs (in my mind, that probably means something other than the actual definition of an action RPG. Is Skyrim maybe an Action RPG?), but I can't quite remember which ones. I'm probably the worst gamer, in that I have plenty of games, but only a couple I've actually felt compelled to finish.

DKnight00

Gamer
Well, for whatever reason, RPGs and me don't really mix well. I've tried Fallout 3, and...well, I don't know. It might just be something to do with me liking a specific story line, rather than a choose-your-own-adventure kinda game. That's why I haven't quite logged too many hours onto Skyrim, either. I guess I've enjoyed some action RPGs (in my mind, that probably means something other than the actual definition of an action RPG. Is Skyrim maybe an Action RPG?), but I can't quite remember which ones. I'm probably the worst gamer, in that I have plenty of games, but only a couple I've actually felt compelled to finish.
Skyrim is basically an Action RPG.. / open world etc. It's actually, in my opinion, a casual Action RPG, it has some mature elements, but gameplay wise, decision making wise, it's very simple. Compared to lets say The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind.. or... The Witcher 2.... I know a lot of people that like the pre-determined story rather than a choose-your-own adventure. I think I like the create-a-story much more simply because I can act out in game as characters I created for my own game, and just see how they react in games like Mass Effect, or choose decisions they would want to do, or just make an avatar of myself and run around doing my own thing.

Kingdom Hearts, Dark Souls/Demon Souls, Skyrim are all pretty much Action RPGs. I think Fable is generally as well, with light decision making, it's also casual, more so than Skyrim.

Most Final Fantasies are turn-based to some extent, with the exception of FF 15 it seems. Dragon Age is also a strategy RPG, (as other traditional RPG fans say all eastern RPGs are), however that is simply the battle system. It follow Mass Effect's way of story telling I guess, your decisions would affect the game in some great way, but it is still kind of linear story wise as most Asian RPGs.... with a central conflict that everything revolves around.

Most JRPGs are turn based/strategy, but some like Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles have some niche style that creates a cult fan base....

Not sure what you would like though ! In terms of RPG. I know that a lot of other genres are starting to incorporate light rpg stuff like leveling/decision making... Saints Row 3 had some (dislike this one though), and I see Grand Theft Auto 4 (which I'm playing through now) has some very light decision making, as well as inFamous which I have yet to play.

DKnight00

Gamer
~ Also sorry for going off on a gaming tangent

With school coming up Im sure I'll meet up with some BBWs/SSBBWs.... so far, since getting back into school I've met quite a few people whom have opened some semi-new experiences for me... like BBW dance nightclubs... was my first time going to a plus-size night club last year, was fun as hell

flyingsolo101

I'm in school right now, and there are barely any women, in general. Apparently, Recording Technology is a mostly male, jockish industry. Also, there don't seem to be too many BBW events/parties/dances in Wisconsin, in general. If someone that knows about any could point me to one? Otherwise, Chicago is about three hours away from where I live.

Mathias

SAMCRO
Hey! I'm just looking for other people in my age bracket to talk to.. I really need some supportive friends that understand the trials and tribulations of being a BBW or guys/girls that are attracted to BBWs?

I personally am attracted to BBWs and like... toned guys. So I jump across the spectrum which I feel is a little strange. I guess I'm a size queen in multiple ways. I'm like a huge video game nerd too so if you like video games or... like... dragons. I'm totally fun to talk to.

#lettahoeknow.

X.x; I dunno if anyone will get that.
I'm a gamer also. Can you tell by my avatar? ;) Anyway, I have a PS3 and I'm on it quite often. Let my know if you'd like to play sometime. My PSN ID is Matty_Matt24.

I completely disappeared for awhile. >< I'm sorry!! You guys are welcome to talk video games or about whatever else.

I know knew someone from Wisconsin.

There aren't many BBW loving... attractive men here in Orlando that I know of. Not that I've really looked. I get super uncomfortable and weird when anyone compliments me. I haven't been out with someone in ages.

@Mathias - I wouldn't even know how to do that... x.x;

missyj1978

Layla, just fake it! Smile and say thanks. I know its hard, but girl trust me it gets easier each time I swear. And as far as BBW loving men, tell me about it! Where I live its all about being skinny. I get the "you would be so pretty if" crap. Really I cant stand that. If you dont like me as I am then leave it at that. Who are they to judge my size! Give it time, you will learn to be more comfortable in your own skin :D

DKnight00

Gamer
There aren't many BBW loving... attractive men here in Orlando that I know of. Not that I've really looked. I get super uncomfortable and weird when anyone compliments me. I haven't been out with someone in ages.
Layla, just fake it! Smile and say thanks. I know its hard, but girl trust me it gets easier each time I swear.
I would say that's sound advice. It may seem weird, but there are tons of men who like larger women, tall, short, etc. It will take time, as the same thing happened with another friend of mine on a completely different subject.

There's always going to be someone out there who will admire/be attracted towards another.... I would say just try and stay positive, focusing on great aspects of yourself and building slowly from there.

LordSheogorath

"Merc'! Merc'!"
PC-

Civilization
Defiance
Diablo 3
DOTA 2
Dungeons and Dragons Online, Neverwinter
FFXI Online
Rift
SIMS 3
The Secret World