Quantcast

Heavily Every After on TLC

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MisticalMisty

Rob and I just turned on TLC to see this show, Heavily Ever After. It's following a husband and wife. He weight 1,000 lbs and has lost 300 with her help.

Has anyone watched it before? Is there a thread that I missed?

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
I think this is a new show, but the couple were on a TLC program (unfortunately named) "Ton of Love" that featured three or four couples who were losing weight together.

I watched tonight too, but I'm not sure I will tune in again. I felt for Freddy as he tried to tackle some of his fears, but he comes across as a whiny, controlling child. Even if it comes from a place of fear, I find him hard to take.

Mathias

SAMCRO
Was it the one where the man who wanted to sing at their town's church kept ordering his wife around?

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Was it the one where the man who wanted to sing at their town's church kept ordering his wife around?
That was from the "Ton of Love" show. That same guy (Freddie) and his wife now have their own show, "Heavily Ever After." I can't remember her name, but Freddie is still ordering her around. She was insisting he try to do more for himself though in tonight's episodes.

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
I am not a fan of Freddie - the clip I saw on Ton of Love made me want to beat him. What an appalling, awful man. Their relationship just came off as abusive - hated seeing it.

MisticalMisty

I think this is a new show, but the couple were on a TLC program (unfortunately named) "Ton of Love" that featured three or four couples who were losing weight together.

I watched tonight too, but I'm not sure I will tune in again. I felt for Freddy as he tried to tackle some of his fears, but he comes across as a whiny, controlling child. Even if it comes from a place of fear, I find him hard to take.
I watched about 5 minutes of it because I just couldn't stand him what so ever. It will be interesting to see how long the show lasts.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board

Haven't watched it, but I find it interesting how this example runs against the stereotype of supersize person as passive victim of abusive / feeder / enabler, which is the usual media scaremongering.

butch

cuddly, hairy, and fat
I caught it on the TV by accident last night, and Freddie seems to have changed somewhat from the guy he was in "Ton of Love." He talks more about his wife's needs and such (her name is Kay), and at one point he cries because he realizes how much she does for him, and he feels bad about it, and wants to be able to take care of her.

I thought Kay seemed much more assertive in the episodes, too, and I liked her. I hate to say it, but I wondered how they afforded to buy their house, since it doesn't appear that either of them have a job. The poor me was a bit envious that they had a two-story, well-furnished home and I can't seem to find a job that pays rent, let alone mortage. Oh well, that is my own cross to bear. Maybe Morristown, TN, where they live, has super cheap house for sale.

archivaltype

shake n bake
I caught it on the TV by accident last night, and Freddie seems to have changed somewhat from the guy he was in "Ton of Love." He talks more about his wife's needs and such (her name is Kay), and at one point he cries because he realizes how much she does for him, and he feels bad about it, and wants to be able to take care of her.

I thought Kay seemed much more assertive in the episodes, too, and I liked her. I hate to say it, but I wondered how they afforded to buy their house, since it doesn't appear that either of them have a job. The poor me was a bit envious that they had a two-story, well-furnished home and I can't seem to find a job that pays rent, let alone mortage. Oh well, that is my own cross to bear. Maybe Morristown, TN, where they live, has super cheap house for sale.
I agree; I actually found Freddie sort of endearing after awhile. It's obvious how much he cares for his wife, even if he's sort of...demanding at times.

grubnboy

Maybe Morristown, TN, where they live, has super cheap house for sale.

Morristown does have very cheap prices. it's out in the sticks a ways.

i bet you can get a pretty nice house for rent out there in the $500-$750 a month range.

butch

cuddly, hairy, and fat
Morristown does have very cheap prices. it's out in the sticks a ways.

i bet you can get a pretty nice house for rent out there in the $500-$750 a month range.
Wow, that is less than my rent now for a tiny lil apartment. Wow again.

Thanks for the info, grubnboy.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I just watched a clip of Freddie on youtube.. wtf, what a dick. "I like to have women wait on me, I'm old school that way." I would divorce him so fast.

RVGleason

He does come across as whiny. We'll see how future episodes go.

RV :eat1:

Latest posts