HELP! I'm a Fashion Disaster!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
Hi all! Okay, so I'm 37 and a stay-at-home mommy & wife. My clothes are soooooooo boring and being a supersized pear with 80" hips, I have a hard time finding tops that fit. Plus, I've always been the type to "hide" my fat under baggy clothes, but being supersized, it's not so easy to hide! Most of my clothes are from Roaman's and Woman Within. BORING AND GRANNY LIKE! *Sigh* I also have lymphedema and therefore NEED baggy pants to cover my large calves!! Now that my son is turning 3 and starting pre-school in a few weeks, I want to "re-invent" myself and start dressing for ME (not to mention a bit SEXIER for my hubby!) So, I need advice on where to shop and how "true to size" the clothes are. I normally wear 5x or 6x in pants and 6x in tops. Please HELP! Thanks! ;)

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Roamans & Woman Within have pullon flarelegged & wideleg pants & jeans. I'm a 24 but they work well for me & look stylish. Good luck.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Those are cute leggings. I love and adore flared & wideleg pants & jeans. I can't afford to succumb to these right now tho. I did see on the site this:

TAKE 2 SALE! All plus size clothing is now buy 1, get 2nd 50% off! Choose any two and get the lower priced item for 50% off! So you could get a deal on them in 2 different colors...

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
Thank you both for your suggestions! It's so hard to find nice "supersized" clothing without paying a fortune! Having a 3 year old puts me on quite a budget! Hugs to you both! :)

goldilocks829

I have one thigh that is considerably larger than the other due to a surgery so I can't wear pants, but I do wear long skirts or tank dresses that are to the ankle. They look really nice and are so cool for the summers. If you can sew, they're pretty easy to make, too, so you can pick the fabric. Have fun reinventing yourself! :)

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I have one thigh that is considerably larger than the other due to a surgery so I can't wear pants, but I do wear long skirts or tank dresses that are to the ankle. They look really nice and are so cool for the summers. If you can sew, they're pretty easy to make, too, so you can pick the fabric. Have fun reinventing yourself! :)
Thank you. I often thought about learning how to sew...it would be much cheaper, plus I could wear what I like. :D Thanks for the suggestion!!

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
I was poking around Romans this morning and found these on clearance for $7.99!! And they go up to a size 6X! The second ones go up to a 5X and they are on clearance for $13.49. Also HERE is a link to promotional codes, if you do order you can pick the one that will help you save the most money :)

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I was poking around Romans this morning and found these on clearance for $7.99!! And they go up to a size 6X! The second ones go up to a 5X and they are on clearance for $13.49. Also HERE is a link to promotional codes, if you do order you can pick the one that will help you save the most money :)
You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for finding these!!!!!!!!!
I am going to order a pair and see how they fit! (the $7.99 ones)
Thanks again hun! I'll keep you posted...

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I loved the purply pants. I got me 2 pairs in 2 different colors over the past yr or so. I hope they never quit making them. They are not only comfy but have a cool 60's/70's look to them...

Latest posts