Help needed.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
As some of you know, my niece Anne Phillips-Dwan passed away unexpectedly on Christmas Eve due to pneumonia related cardiac arrest. She was 25 years old and leaves behind 2 children ages 6 and 3 1/2 and a newlywed husband. They were married in July. She was at one time a member of this community and went by a screen name of Luvmygreeneyes (or something like that).
We are a low income family and are having a hard time coming up the the down-payment they need to bury our dear girl. At 25 years old you think that you have a lifetime to plan your funeral...so Anne was not prepared and neither were we for our devastating loss. I once asked (several years ago) for some help buying presents for my nieces as their mother was enduring cancer treatments and we didn't have the money to buy them any toys that year. People here were so generous at that time and I feel awkward asking for help again so soon--but we are surely in need of some assistance. I've already posted this on my facebook account and my friends there have helped immensely..but we still are in need of some funding.

We have opened up an account with the Highland Riverview Cemetery in South Bend Indiana in my niece's name (Anne Phillips-Dwan) and I am asking for donations in any amount to assist us in putting our girl to rest. Anyone wishing to donate by phone can call (574) 232-0492 and ask for Kris Moffat. She is the family Services coordinator for the cemetery and can give you more information about donating. The cemetery is open Monday-Friday during regular business hours and on Saturday until noon.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for any considerations that you might have for my family at this time.

Shosh

Susannah
Leave it with me, shall try to do what I can.
xoxo

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
Leave it with me, shall try to do what I can.
xoxo
You know how I already feel about you, Shosh. You are an amazing and loving person whom I hope remains my friend for a lifetime. Thanks bunches!

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I wish to thank anyone who made a donation whether it be anonymously or not. We are almost there and hope to be able to bury our girl this coming week. I cannot express what your kindnesses have meant to our family and how deeply it touches our hearts. Thank you again for all of your donations.

Shosh

Susannah
So glad sweets.
Angels walk amongst us, those angels are our friends and those we do not even know.
xoxo

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Dear Terri.

I wanted to check you and and see if your niece's funeral has been held yet? How is her mom{your sister handling this tragedy?) Are you and your sister going to be able to take care of the two motherless children?

I lived in St Louis on winter when the weather was unusually cold, heavy snow and downright miserable. My uncle died during those cold months. What is remember was the funeral home could not dig his grave because the ground was too frozen and covered with snow. They had to wait for better and warmer weather before my Uncle could be laid to rest. Do you think that will happen to your girl?

May God and his angels watch over your family at this difficult time.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
Dear Terri.

I wanted to check you and and see if your niece's funeral has been held yet? How is her mom{your sister handling this tragedy?) Are you and your sister going to be able to take care of the two motherless children?

I lived in St Louis on winter when the weather was unusually cold, heavy snow and downright miserable. My uncle died during those cold months. What is remember was the funeral home could not dig his grave because the ground was too frozen and covered with snow. They had to wait for better and warmer weather before my Uncle could be laid to rest. Do you think that will happen to your girl?

May God and his angels watch over your family at this difficult time.
Moore2me-

Thank you so very much for the kind words.
We've not had a good two days recently. Yesterday the weather played havoc with our cars and my sister and her family we almost late for Anne's funeral. On top of that the flowers that I ordered for her funeral did not arrive due to the weather, and Anne's husband has decided that renting a car and going to a birthday party was more important than helping make a donation so that his "wife" could be buried. He hasn't helped with ANYTHING at all here. He didn't buy his wife flowers and he left all of the burial plans to my sister. He is a cretin. We are not enjoying his company, if you know what I mean.
We held her services yesterday. Poems were read and the minister had many kind words to say. Even Aubrey (Anne's 6 year old daughter) got up and said some words. They were beautiful services and many of her friends and family were in attendance. I could not be there myself as I was down for the count with a stomach virus. I was there in spirit.
My sister has maintained an air of strength throughout. Of course she is grieving and will be for a long time--but I think she stayed strong until the funeral was over. Her passing away was difficult to deal with but now that her funeral has happened it's become a reality. We had such a long time between when my niece passed away and when she was finally put to rest that my sister was in full-on planning mode. She hasn't had a moment to truly allow herself to grieve until today. I believe that now that the funeral has happened and has become a reality, things have hit us harder than we thought they would and we've spent the past two days in sorrow and tears.
As for the children...they are both with their fathers. We have seen Aubrey on occasion but yesterday was the first time since Before Anne died that we got to see her son Colton. He's 3 1/2 and he isn't really aware of what's going on except that one night during dinner on a whim he announced that his mother was a spirit. No one had yet told him that his mother had become an angel so that was quite a surprise to us. At the funeral both fathers offered to bring their kids over to our house this coming weekend and we are truly looking forward to having them both in the same house again as we missed them terribly. Our hopes are that even though the children have different fathers...they can maintain a relationship with one another, have play dates,summers, spend holidays together, etc. We'd love for them to be able to spend time here at the house with one another but for right now we just haven't had a lot of time to sit down and work out visitations.
The cemetery has marked her grave for the burial but as you have already experienced with the passing of your uncle, the weather is not conducive to burials at the moment. The cemetery thinks that the warm-up this weekend might be a good try...but we don't think that will happen. We can only hope.
Again thank you for the lovely words and the private message. It's been much appreciated.