Quantcast

Home Remedies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lemmink

THE PUMMEL IS COMING
Here's one for skin cancer (prolly not melanoma though, btw):

These grow in your garden. Put the white yicky stuff inside their stems on any skin cancers you have, and they'll burn out in 24 hours. (Yeah, it can be painy, but it does stop being painy :D)

Recently big companies have discovered that this works and have created their own formulas for curing cancer that work in within "two days" by "isolating the right proteins" and blah, blah, blah. This is bullshit: they're just trying to make money. If you put on the actual stuff, it'll be fixed overnight.

It's also reputed to be a new potential cure for leukemia too, and help a bunch of other ones... but yeah, word isn't out on those ones yet :D

ExpandingHorizons

These grow in your garden. Put the white yicky stuff inside their stems on any skin cancers you have, and they'll burn out in 24 hours. (Yeah, it can be painy, but it does stop being painy :D)

Recently big companies have discovered that this works and have created their own formulas for curing cancer that work in within "two days" by "isolating the right proteins" and blah, blah, blah. This is bullshit: they're just trying to make money. If you put on the actual stuff, it'll be fixed overnight.

It's also reputed to be a new potential cure for leukemia too, and help a bunch of other ones... but yeah, word isn't out on those ones yet :D
Very interesting, I didn't know about that. That's something new. ;)

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&

I'm skeptical, to say the least. What is this plant? How does one find it? Where will it grow? Do you have any backup information for the claims of 'curing' skin cancer?

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
No ramble at all :)

Seems to me that not realizing your children have lice and getting rid of it quickly is more "abusive" than someone checking their heads frequently. The school nurses here can do it for the kids in school. However, I have three girls- one caught it from the neighbors child and EVERYONE in the neighborhood seemed to be getting it. When I discovered it in the one's head, I then checked everyone and we all had it (yes, that bad and disgusting and how I WISH we had that nit nurse here :p ). It was shocking because the little ones don't go to school yet (they caught it a neighbor's home- not in school) and the oldest one knows not to wear other's hats, use their combs,etc.
I had to do REPEATED treatments- they kept coming back. After spending over $250 on the store treatments, I went online and discovered the coconut shampoo trick posted by a woman that raises foster kids and frequently gets children with lice. The vinegar solution for the nits was posted elsewhere but it made absolute sense to me as soon as I read it because I know about the ph balance of vinegar and how it is useful for so many things.

The coconut shampoo/conditioner and vinegar all cost me less than $3- and worked the first time. There have been no more re-occurences in two years either.
At my son's school the parents started sending kids (mainly daughters with long hair) in wearing baseball caps and ponytails in their hair, or tied on bandanas covering most of the head. The school tried to make the kids take their baseball caps off indoors until some angry parents "spoke" to the headmistress about the constant nightmare of head lice. She had refused to allow a nit nurse to come for a few days and check every child's head, even with letters of authority from the parents, so she didnt have a leg to stand on really. The caps and bandanas stayed. We were told the way the lice are most often spread is by direct head to head or hair to hair contact. The lice stay mostly on the hair right next to the scalp where it's warm, so its when kids are working together in class or playing together, heads tight together, that the lice cross over. Girls particularly seem to work and play that way! So it's no wonder your girls caught them if they were playing with another child who was infected. Then no doubt passed them to you during hugs or story time!

I've emailed two friends about your coconut/vinegear remedy, they have young kids and are still having to deal with this.

lemmink

THE PUMMEL IS COMING
I'm skeptical, to say the least. What is this plant? How does one find it? Where will it grow? Do you have any backup information for the claims of 'curing' skin cancer?
The plant is, um, petty spurge. It's a weed. You can find it in your garden, it really is pretty much everywhere (well, I know it's in Australia and the UK, so I guess I assume the rest, too...). I included the picture so you can kinda see what it looks like if you're out in the garden hunting for some. :D

If you're looking for info on the cancery stuff, just google "petty spurge" and "cancer". It's also occasionally called 'cancer weed'. Or you can look at some of the new cancer products that use petty spurge as their active ingredient (it should be listed on the back). My boyfriend's dad kills his skin cancers with it, and I've seen that work myself. (He now passes out plants to relatives and friends who don't know what it looks like so they can kill off theirs.)

Here's a few pages that refer to its properties or have info, it's kind of a range of places, lol. They've done I think one test on it, made a cream, and now they have leukemia trials planned for this year I think. Most of these are reporting on the same story though, just a range of takes on it :D :
http://talk.livedaily.com/archive/index.php/t-527358.html
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Business/Peplins-skin-cancer-trial-a-success/2006/05/01/1146335660056.html
http://bsalert.com/artsearch.php?fn=2&as=1178&dt=1
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/content/view/492/32/
http://www.herbsphere.com/weedforluk.htm
http://www.ann.com.au/herbs/Monographs/euphp.htm
http://www2.bham.ac.uk/news_and_events_details.asp?section=0001000100080001&showDate=2005/6/1&page=2&id=2003

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
Very interesting information, indeed lemmink. I'm looking for references from JAMA, the FDA or some other notable organizations, but haven't found it yet, so perhaps it just hasn't reached those levels. But I am intrigued by what I'm finding - exciting stuff!

Miss Vickie

As always with home remedies, your mileage may vary, so please also consult a health professional along with home remedy treatments :)
Absolutely. Even non-home remedies or medical advice can be fraught with dangers for you, and this is even true of advice given by well meaning health care professionals like myself. Check with someone who knows YOUR health history because while many things are benign for most people, there are some things that are absolutely the wrong idea for someone with various medical conditions. Plus, a HCP will know what things to ask in terms of your symptoms, and that can help them make a good diagnosis and suggest treatments that are appropriate for you.

But speaking of home remedies, here's a little ditty that I have taken, and given, over the years. I got the "recipe" from a naturopath in Seattle and it's great for upper respiratory nasties.

You'll need:

The juice of one lemon
Fresh garlic, pressed
Fresh ginger, grated finely
Lots of honey

Basically, juice the lemon, add as much garlic and ginger as you can stand, and as much honey as you need to make it palatable. Then, well, bottom's up! The stuff is NASTY but very effective, especially if you can drink it warm or hot. The lemon has a lot of Vitamin C and thins your mucus, the garlic has antimicrobial properties, and ginger is fabulous for stimulating your immune system and thinning your secretions. The honey? Soothing on the throat and makes the whole thing slightly less vile.

In my family, even the threat of it seems to make colds magically disappear, and I can tell how sick Burtimus is by whether he is willing to drink this. :)

lemmink

THE PUMMEL IS COMING
Very interesting information, indeed lemmink. I'm looking for references from JAMA, the FDA or some other notable organizations, but haven't found it yet, so perhaps it just hasn't reached those levels. But I am intrigued by what I'm finding - exciting stuff!
Yeah, it's really only very recent, although people have been using this stuff for... well, years. :D The creams that have it in are available now though, I'm pretty sure. It's weird stuff, it just reacts with cancer cells and burns them, nothing else.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
You people all rock socks. I think this thread is fantastic.

Hopefully it continues to grow!

lemmink

THE PUMMEL IS COMING
Haha! That would be the smart way to do it, lol. I uh, just put yoghurt up there.

Yoghurt won't make you any friends around the office, and it'll turn any sexual partners off sex for like, forever... but yeah. Yoghurt will clear out a yeast infection in like, two days, max, and then keep putting it on for a full week 2x a day and after peeing and it will be gone.

Acidopolous tablets seem a lot more practical. LOL And less freaking yick.

Miss Vickie

I've done the acidophilus trick before and it's worked great. I also take lots of acidophilus, by mouth, when taking antibiotics. It seems to minimize the problem, since yeast starts in the gut.

And yeah, yogurt? Veddy veddy messy. But depending on what kind you use, you can smell like a fruit salad!

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
soaking your toenails, fingernails in original listerine gets rid of fingernail fungus (yuck, and it works)

you can clean the bottom of your copper pans with catsup and it cleans them all up pretty....makes ya wonder what we eat doesnt it?

PolarKat

Digital Sun tanning
Honey on cuts, scrapes, burnes..
wash the wound, dry it well, and put honey on it, and cover it with gause/bandaid etc.. repeat at least 2 times daily, and the healing time will be reduced, and it's a good antibacterial agent.
Honey is devoid of water, and pulls the humidity out of anything it comes in contact with this includes dehydrating and killing bacteria.. like hydrogen peroxide.. same reason why properly sealed honey has an infinte shelf life, no bacteria alive to ferment it..

BubbleButtBabe

No one cares anyway
If you find yourself with a bad case of heartburn but no antacids,try taking a teaspoon of regular white sugar with just a sip of water..You want just enough water to melt the sugar but not a whole big gulp..Wait at least 30 minutes after taking the sugar before you eat or drink..Something in sugar cuts the stomach acid pretty fast and calms the heartburn..

Esme

For mosquito bites, I've found that putting a little bit of clear nail polish over the bite bump, helps keep it from itching. Don't know why it works, but for me, it really does.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Nail polish, Esme? That's like the girly version of Windex (the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding). :p :D

Esme

Nail polish, Esme? That's like the girly version of Windex (the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding). :p :D
LOL :D

You know what though? It works, at least for me. It's like it seals off the itchy. I've done it for years. It's also great for stopping runs in pantyhose. :D

Tina

Older and wiser now
The pantyhose thing I knew about. It is also supposed to stop certain 'bargain' rings from turning one's fingers green, but yours is a new one on me, Esme. :)

CuteyChubb

Queen of Hearts
Speaking of pantyhose, to make them last longer and run-free, put a new pair in the freezer overnight before wearing them. You only have to do it the one time and that's it. The freezer seems to strengthen the fibers thus making them last longer. Before this trick, a pair of pantyhose was lucky if it lived past 2 wearings with me. Now, a pair can last months.

Latest posts