Hopes, Wishes & Dreams for 2015

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by veggieforever, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Dec 31, 2014 #1

veggieforever

veggieforever

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan

What do you all hope, wish and dream for 2015?

I simply want to immerse myself in nature and outdoors a lot more than I am, get away from the city and give my brain and body a well deserved chill out that it certainly isn't and hasn't gotten for a long, long while more often WITHOUT EXCUSES. Learn to make time to meditate and practice mindfulness and eat even more cleanly. That's my list. Totally realistic. Nice and simple. ;)

I would love to know what would make 2015 the most amazing year for Dim's members and what everyone's intentions are for the coming year.

Happy New Year everyone!

2. Dec 31, 2014 #2

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I like this thread :happy:

I'm with you on the mindfulness thing especially, Veggie.

This year hasn't been my best, but one thing I can say is that I've become truly assertive, finally. Especially in dealing with strangers. So, I have a feeling 2015 might be a much more enjoyable, comfortable year for me because of it. That's one big hope of mine.

Also, I hope my 'love life' will settle down soon enough, before the coming year starts getting away from me. Which doesn't mean I want to meet someone. All it really means is that I hope I stop agonising over things. Really, I just....want to restore my emotional equilibrium.

I want to become more mobile this year (transport-wise) so I feel more independent and capable of doing my own thing in my own time. (Public transport in SA is near non-existent and walking isn't always possible/safe. I have a visual disability and am mostly dependent on my parents to get me from A to B.)

Very much looking forward to see what other people's hopes and dreams are. Happy new year to you all!

3. Dec 31, 2014 #3

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

I hope the world slows down a bit with all this war and bullshit. Enough already, your time here is short.

Personally I would like my health to get back on track and i'd also like to get out and do a few more things i've been putting off. Get my passport and get out of the country. Cannon Beach? Yes, please.

Less crap from people would be nice too. Haha.

4. Jan 1, 2015 #4

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I want to get my own flat and maybe get a part time job too! Those are pretty big dreams for me though~

5. Jan 6, 2015 #5

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Personally, this year I’m aiming to better respect my need for sleep. Over the past couple of years my son has been staying up later and I’ve been staying up later in turn, to have some quiet time after he’s gone to bed. In the process I’ve been robbing myself of sleep, and it was only when I got partially caught up during time-off at Christmas that I realized just how much that had been affecting me. Exactly how I sort out my desire for getting a full night’s sleep with my desire for having a good chunk of time where I’m free to be in my own head, I’m not sure, but the goal is to better respect my need for sleep.

On a family level, this year I want us to be doing more of the initial transitions associated with the boy being nearly an adult. A lot of things need to change, change always takes time, and it is probably past time that we started some of those changes. Again I’m hazy on just how this is going to work, but it is a goal.

I even have a goal related to Dimensions. Conrad had his own intentions for this site (not stated clearly to us, and whether or not he’d ever articulated it clearly to himself, clearly he had a pretty consistent idea of what he wanted). With Conrad’s departure it would seem that the new powers that be want the community to be healthy and thriving (what point in taking over a web site, only to watch it die?), but that they are largely depending on the community to determine what it needs. Be that through user feedback, moderator discussion, or whatever… And that is my goal relating to Dimensions: try and help effective feed-back channels to be built, so that this place has its best chance to thrive. (fwiw: by effective feedback channels, I mean something more than the squeaky wheel getting the grease, or the most strident voice defining the agenda)

6. Jan 6, 2015 #6

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

On a general world level, I sincerely hope 2015 turns out to be a much better year than 2014 - we definitely need more peace and less crisis' of all types.

Personally I wish and work for getting 2 new major work projects going - that will need a lot of energy and leaving a few old patterns behind.

And I second Tad's resolution of finding opener ways of exchange in this community.

7. Jan 8, 2015 #7

indy500tchr

indy500tchr

indy500tchr

I want to feel well and have babies :)

8. Jan 8, 2015 #8

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Within the little bit of family I still have there is a lot of healing, reconnecting, and growing to be done. We've gotten off to a good solid start with the beginning of the new year, I want to see it continue on through 2015 and beyond.

LovelyLiz likes this.
  9. Jan 8, 2015 #9

firefly

firefly

firefly

I want to become healthier and find my significant other. That should be enough for 2015.

10. Jan 8, 2015 #10

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

One of 50,298

My wish & hope list has a few items.

• My wife and I get out of the housemate situation with my brother & his family and in to a place of our own, no later than Spring.
    • My kids come to the realization that there is more to life than money . They're are hardly spoiled but they do get to participate in extracurricular activities that are financed by their mother's parents. I really believe that is the only thing that keeps them living primarily with her as the words they have for her recently are not pleasant at all. They know that I will take them in a heartbeat but I won't force their hands either. I just hope they decide sooner rather than later.
    • My ex stops and takes a hard look at herself and how she interacts with her kids. She is repeating the mistakes of her parents.
    • My wife stops smoking and is more mindful of her health. I really want to get old and gray(er) with her.

11. Jan 8, 2015 #11

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

A friend sent me these lines from "The Sound of Music". I sent them on to other friends, and now I share them with you.

I have added some of the other lines from this song. They are meant particularly for those who are suffering from depression and feelings of worthlessness.

And there's no way to stop it.
    No, there's no way to stop it,
    And I know, though I cannot tell you why (sigh).
    Just as long as I'm living,
    Just as long as I'm living,
    There'll be nothing else as wonderful as I.
    I! I! I! Nothing else as wonderful as I! [​IMG]

Friends -

One of you sent me this quote from "The Sound of Music". It is a wonderful comment, both on Life and on the curious construction of the solar system and the earth's meanderings. It's been around for a while, but begs to be shared.

"While somersaulting at a cockeyed angle,
    We make a cockeyed circle 'round the Sun.
    And when we circle back to where we started from,
    Another year has run."

I hope that your 2014 trip was fun (in the manner of a roller coaster) and that 2015 will be equally so - or better.

12. Jan 8, 2015 #12

supersizebbw

supersizebbw

supersizebbw

Who run the world..Girls!

This year I want to live and love life, do what I want when I want without thinking of what society will think of me. Life is too damn short to give a crap of what others think.

I hope to be more mindful of my health this year (eating healthier and working out) and be able to do alot more outdoor stuff this year, there is so much to see and do....I shall quit putting things off for later...we only get one life and there's no time like the present to experience it :)

13. Jan 8, 2015 #13

Iannathedriveress

Iannathedriveress

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine

I hope I can find work and start hormone replacement therapy this year.

14. Jan 10, 2015 #14

Lamia

Lamia

Lamia

Like OMG!!

I am hoping to be more creative and apply my talents.

Also, I am hoping to buy a house this year. I should have some loans paid off in Feb and will be in the best financial shape of my life.

I am hoping for an awesome 2015. :D

15. Jan 11, 2015 #15

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Remembrance

Finish writing a book!

16. Jan 18, 2015 #16

mechellerae

mechellerae

mechellerae

Atlanta SSBBW

In 2015, I hope to do more travel, take on some volunteering opportunities, and find someone to build a romantic relationship with. 2014 was an exciting year because I graduated with my master's and spent a lot of time finding a "grown up job," but now I'm ready for stasis.