How did you become so fat?

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by goodvibrations, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Nov 19, 2012 #161

f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth

I woke up this way

2. Nov 19, 2012 #162

Steve373

Steve373

Steve373

I just slowly got fat as I aged and activity decreased. I'm 49 and 312 lbs now, was about 220 lbs 10 years ago. beer plays a factor too. Fortunately I've always preferred BBW's. :eat2:

3. Nov 20, 2012 #163

SSBBW Katerina

SSBBW Katerina

SSBBW Katerina

FillOutUrProfileFellas

genetics is a huge factor on my part. I'm the youngest 'kid' out of six, however I'm the ONLY child that my parents had together. I've always been the biggest and it didn't hit me until I was about 5/6 yrs old and was diagnosed w/ Precocious Puberty *yes, this is a true medical diagnosis I got at the hospital when I was 7*. I was a very active kid but the weight never went anywhere. Life was a nightmare. Its worse for girls.

Now as an adult at 43yrs old, the fatness in the past year piles on due to a work from home job, a sedentary lifestyle and a bad habit of NOT eating. Which means my bod is constantly in 'starvation mode' and holds onto the fat. I'm conditioned that way since adolescence. Its a bad habit, but its tough to shake. Even my late hubby tried to break me of that. But I still do it.

This is how I became so fat. I don't speak for all SSBBWs, only myself.

Thank you.

4. Nov 20, 2012 #164

Steve373

Steve373

Steve373

I do the same thing with not eating/ or more accurately eating once a day.

It isn't working.

If you do the "Special K pinch" on my belly....you can't pinch an inch, you get a an entire fistful of blubber ! I'd never want to be with a woman that wasn't also soft and obese like me, too embarrassing ! :eat2:

5. Nov 23, 2012 #165

BriannaBombshell

BriannaBombshell

BriannaBombshell

HELLO

-I was born large, ( 10 pounds )
    -I was 5'9 in the 6th grade 220 pounds
    -At 19 I was 5'11 425 pounds.
    -During my late teens and into my marriage I used food to deal with my depression (packed on the pounds)
    -Learn that food was better than being a drug, started eating better foods but still a lot ( I LOVE GOOD FOOD!!)

Oh and exercise is my arch nemesis.. heheh

That is all

6. Nov 24, 2012 #166

Londonbikerboy

Londonbikerboy

Londonbikerboy

I was always very active but a little on the heavy side. My over indulgence really started ernest at uni, too much rich food, lots of beer. Although I didn't pile on the pounds until I have a motorbike accident a few years ago. Laid up and not able to walk for several months, eating fast food, the weight quickly racked up. But for the first time of my life I felt comfortable with it, confident in my size and was lucky enough to find some folk who didn't judge me for my outward appearance (in fact I revelled in the experience of finding someone who actively found in attractive).

So here I am, as indulgent and guilt free about it as ever. Have to say, I love this community, just wish the outside world was just as accepting, welcoming and non-judgemental about such issues :)

7. Nov 27, 2012 #167

gunther

gunther

gunther

I stopped playing tennis and drank lots of beer.

8. Nov 28, 2012 #168

weightedalternatives

weightedalternatives

weightedalternatives

Weighted Alternatives

When I was younger, I wasn't thin, but I was average. Average looks, average body, but fantastic breasts! They were my best feature and got me lots of attention! I never had a problem finding clothes because I never bought clothes. My mother did. I was never fashion conscious and wore jeans and flannel shirts when I wasn't in school. This was the 70s after all; long straight hair, suede bell bottoms, halter tops or tube tops sometimes. I wasn't one for flashy clothes. When I got into high school, I read Seventeen magazine like most girls but those clothes were too expensive for my tastes. Occasionally I remember wanting a piece of clothing, but never like other girls. I weighed 130 pounds when I was a Freshman and got weighed in Physical Ed. class. Probably overweight by many standards! Yet no one said anything to me then. The diet industry hadn't taken hold back then.

When I moved out of the house, I went on the Disco dancing circuit and my diet consisted of drinking and just enough food to keep dancing. I LOVED dancing. I lost a lot of weight, but that wasn't my motive. My motive was dancing, drinking, dating, and having fun. I never thought about weight at all.

When I got through that phase and married, I started gaining weight. My first husband was Italian and cooked at his family's restaurant. Free meals caused me to gain 60 pounds! I didn't really care. The food was delicious! Steaks, lasagne, meatballs, sauces. MMMMM. After I divorced him I lost what I had gained and was back out in the dating world.

I married a second time and began having children. With each child I gained 25 or so pounds. After each child I never lost the weight, except for perhaps 10-15 pounds each. By my 30s I weighed 175 after having three children. It wasn't until someone passing in a car saw me out walking in a frilly white shirt and called me a big fat marshmallow that I started thinking perhaps I was fat. I was devastated and have never forgotten it. Probably because I've never thought about my weight until then. Shortly after, I began step aerobics and continued three times a week for two years and watched what I ate, but only lost 5 pounds in all that time. I must admit I didn't severely limit my food intake. After such minimal results, I stopped exercising so much. It took time and money; both of which I did not have as a mother of three.

I began gaining weight the older I got. In my 40s I gained 30 pounds over 10 years and by the time my second marriage ended in divorced in 2010, I weighed 210 or so. A heart stent at the age of 47 got me seriously thinking about my diet, but I learned I had problems processing triglycerides even though my cholesterol levels were all normal. My arteries were 99% clogged by this time! I was too close to death on that one. I do not know my father or his family and I am assuming genetic factors play a role in this and not only my weight. Chances are I had a heart condition before I even started gaining weight.

I am now still at 200 pounds or so, even after exercising when I can and changing some eating habits, but I don't care really. My weight is not my problem. My internal processes are the problem. Also, reaching one's 50s and charging toward menopause naturally add pounds and make it harder to lose. However, I'm not seeking to lose it. I've met a man who loves me just as I am and for that I'm grateful. I've never made my size an issue and I don't want to start now. I'm just me, who happens to be quite fluffy and who enjoys food! I refuse to spend my life counting every calorie or examining every spoonful of food I put in my mouth. That's no way to live.
    :D

azerty likes this.
  9. Nov 28, 2012 #169

azerty

azerty

azerty

Life is worth living

I admire you and your will power, reading what you've written. I laughed at Woody Allen's quotation and I hope you'll have a nice time and a lot of things to build with the man sharing your life now :)
    Sorry if my English isn't to good !!!

10. Nov 28, 2012 #170

MRdobolina

MRdobolina

MRdobolina

tasty kakes

quoted for truth

11. Nov 28, 2012 #171

luscious_lulu

luscious_lulu

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla

Several factors play a role.

Genetics - Aparently I am the spitting image of my grandmother. (She died when I was really young & don't remember her.) she was a big woman.

I love food.

I don't love excersizing. (I do it anyway)

I also take medications that have helped to up my weight.

12. Nov 29, 2012 #172

weightedalternatives

weightedalternatives

weightedalternatives

Weighted Alternatives

Thank you Azerty! And your English is just fine. :)

13. Nov 29, 2012 #173

azerty

azerty

azerty

Life is worth living

:wubu: for my English

14. Nov 29, 2012 #174

Ruffie

Ruffie

Ruffie

Put on my first diet at 8 years of age and constantly yo yo dieted till I was 21 screwing up my metabolism. Add to that a love of carbs and stressful life and voila a fat woman. I have as a result of an injury had to become way more active and we eat much better due to husbands heart issues causing me to lose 45 lbs and husband 70 lbs but still a fat lady here.

15. Nov 29, 2012 #175

Nexus78

Nexus78

Nexus78

I'm not fat but I'm an admirer of very curvy women. ;)

16. Nov 30, 2012 #176

bbwlibrarian

bbwlibrarian

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary

- PCOS
    - 10lbs and 2' long at birth
    - A love of sugar and other carbohydrates
    - Until recently, a hatred of exercise
    - Until recently, an excuse on hand for everything that sucks about myself

17. Nov 30, 2012 #177

SirBHM

SirBHM

SirBHM

10 pounds when born. I grew, along with weight, to about 160 in junior high school. By the end of school, I was 190. Then I went to college. 220 by the end of college. Then, after getting a job of walking around quite a bit, I went down to 200 pounds. After a few medical treatments and a surgery for epilepsy over the last few years, I came back up. Now I'm a happy 240 pounds thanks to food and medication.

18. Nov 30, 2012 #178

superodalisque

superodalisque

superodalisque

i ate...................

MRdobolina and dharmabean like this.
  19. Dec 1, 2012 #179

1love_emily

1love_emily

1love_emily

COLLEGE

In an homage to Lady Gaga:
    Baby, I was born this way.

bbwlibrarian likes this.
  20. Dec 12, 2012 #180

Oona

Oona

Oona

¬.¬

When I was younger, I was a skinny little girl. I had to start cooking at 8 because my mom had back surgery, that's when I started to put on the weight. I love to cook and eat!

I've always been the fat girl in school, with friends, etc. And it doesn't bother me. I can still do everything my skinny friends can, with the exception of a few things due to a couple broken vertebrae.